November 26, 2020, 04:57:11 AM

Author Topic: Marcel Brands to Join Everton  (Read 111304 times)

April 06, 2018, 03:50:48 PM
Reply #75

sam of the south

Allardyce is staying.

That would be insane.

But I can see it happening.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

April 06, 2018, 04:03:01 PM
Reply #76

Alanvideo

They all said the same about Koeman and Rhino and look what happened there, don’t read too much into it mate
..............exactly. Players aren't going to say Sam is a shithouse on the OS of the club paying their salary
We are special ,we are Everton.

April 06, 2018, 04:11:04 PM
Reply #77

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Allardyce is staying.

Would fuck it off personally. Keep an eye on the scores and watch it occasionally, but it would write off next year for me tbh
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 06, 2018, 04:12:57 PM
Reply #78

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Would fuck it off personally. Keep an eye on the scores and watch it occasionally, but it would write off next year for me tbh

We'll be hitting below 30k by December.

It's the sensible choice though.

Keep him for another year and avoid another massive pay off.

Moshiri really has fucked this massively.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 06, 2018, 04:17:37 PM
Reply #79

Macca77

Allardyce is staying.

No chance, Moshiri has made mistakes but he knows Allardyce is wrong for the club, brought him in cos he panicked, hes done what was expected, will be fucked off in the summer for an ambitious, young hungry manager

April 06, 2018, 04:22:46 PM
Reply #80

Waltzer

We'll be hitting below 30k by December.

It's the sensible choice though.

Keep him for another year and avoid another massive pay off.

Moshiri really has fucked this massively.

Im not travelling a few hundred miles to watch that s**t thats for sure. Look at the rest of the leagues approach to games, its about attacking free flowing football, particularly those above us, our approach is to stink the place out with negativity and hope it gets us somewhere. If he stays beyond the end of the season it tells you all you need to know about Moshiris plans!

April 06, 2018, 04:30:42 PM
Reply #81

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
No chance, Moshiri has made mistakes but he knows Allardyce is wrong for the club, brought him in cos he panicked, hes done what was expected, will be fucked off in the summer for an ambitious, young hungry manager

He's a business man.

He'll see the outlay we already have paying off Koeman and Martinez and look at that when it comes to Sam.

He'll see someone who's stabilised us, worked well in the market, with one year left on his deal to work with the squad.

To get rid of him would cost him another 6mil, and risk the stability that's been brought in.

I want him gone as much as anyone but it'll come down to a business decision at the end of the day and the right business decision is to just keep him for the duration of his deal.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 06, 2018, 04:38:03 PM
Reply #82

Ross

Bringing in another DoF to work with the current DoF would be ridiculous.

I can definitely see Moshiri doing that.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 06, 2018, 04:44:56 PM
Reply #83

Waltzer

He's a business man.

He'll see the outlay we already have paying off Koeman and Martinez and look at that when it comes to Sam.

He'll see someone who's stabilised us, worked well in the market, with one year left on his deal to work with the squad.

To get rid of him would cost him another 6mil, and risk the stability that's been brought in.

I want him gone as much as anyone but it'll come down to a business decision at the end of the day and the right business decision is to just keep him for the duration of his deal.

I get what your saying but I dont see it, if hes committed to making us top 4 contenders (which im still to be convinced of) treading water with Allardyce is going to do nothing to aid that. Fans are already frustrated with him and voice that on a regular occurrence and the last thing he wants is fans not turning up, especially as were looking at expanding our capacity at a new stadium .
There also in excess of a 10 million difference between finish 9th/10th to 5th/6th in the league and id argue we'd struggle to improve much on where we are under Sam so is 6 million a big outlay to get rid, or is it 6 million well spent if the next manager does deliver us a higher position? This summer comes down to Moshiris ambition and what he wants to see on the pitch, if his dull mediocrity we stay as we are, I hope we see something different.

April 06, 2018, 04:47:15 PM
Reply #84

School of Science

Would feel a lot happier if we just got rid and started from scratch next season. Allardyce, Elstone, Kenwright and Walsh shown the door, replaced by Fonseca, Brands. Out with the old in with the new.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

April 06, 2018, 05:29:09 PM
Reply #85

Hawkandro

Allardyce staying would drain most of - if not all of - my enthusiasm for next season.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

April 06, 2018, 05:44:48 PM
Reply #86

Hawkandro

#WelcomeJones
#WelcomeBenteke
#WelcomeTheWarmEmbraceOfOblivion
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

April 06, 2018, 06:55:35 PM
Reply #87

Ramjam

Allardyce staying would drain most of - if not all of - my enthusiasm for next season.
Dan, forget about the 55.000 complicity we only need 25 to 30 thousand now that Sams staying
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 06, 2018, 06:57:51 PM
Reply #88

kramer0

Are you in the same boat here, a bit worried?

It depends.

If we're clearing out Walsh and Allardyce and looking to rebuild from the top down, I'm fine with it. I don't know enough about Brands to feel any sort of confidence in the move but he's a better fit than Walsh in the sense that his background isn't just in scouting.

If we're bringing Brands in to work alongside Walsh... then I'm worried. I already think we have too many people pulling in too many directions. Adding another one isn't going to make things any better. We need some organization and calm behind the scenes. Throwing another director of football into the ring accomplishes neither of those things.

Short version: I don't think we'll see better results on the pitch until we get everyone at the club pulling in the same direction, in the boardroom and on the footballing side of things. If Brands is a step in that direction, great. If not, what's the point?

April 06, 2018, 07:08:34 PM
Reply #89

Bluenose 91

Surely this fella wouldn't even come here if he had to work alongside Walsh?

Could see it if Walsh gets demoted to just a scout or something but we aren't going to have two DoF's surely?!