November 29, 2020, 01:40:40 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 239366 times)

July 18, 2018, 03:28:27 AM
Reply #1500

SANA_DR0

Last few years have done a number on some of yous imo.

Oh donít buy anyone buying players is bad news because then the mighty HMS Keane canít play.

another year trailing further behind the top 6 with those below catching up or arguably pulling further ahead. Sound good?

Iím not saying we need to spend £200m again, because thatís not feasible for us. But we should be making some solid signings the right side of 25 with an upside and in the positions we need them.

Hold the club to some kind of standard please. We have every right in the world to expect that at least.

least 400m spent, on 5 signings.

130 million of that on Zaha.
Mina 30m
then 200 m left for Mina Roaia's disciples..

*this post is sarcasm,

i'd rather spent fuck all, and let our management team see what they have, assess, then make the major signings in Jan..
would hate another summer window like last season, paying over the odds, paying crazy wages. when i feel our youngsters will be top notch;; under a manager and coach who know how to do what their job description says.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

July 18, 2018, 03:45:27 AM
Reply #1501

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
least 400m spent, on 5 signings.

130 million of that on Zaha.
Mina 30m
then 200 m left for Mina Roaia's disciples..

*this post is sarcasm,

i'd rather spent fuck all, and let our management team see what they have, assess, then make the major signings in Jan..
would hate another summer window like last season, paying over the odds, paying crazy wages. when i feel our youngsters will be top notch;; under a manager and coach who know how to do what their job description says.

You'd be paying over the odds if you're making major signings in January.

This summer has no relation to last one. Entirely new people in charge. Why swear off this window when it's clear even from their own comments they want to bring in players?

Plus, what do you even think Silva and Brands have been doing for certainly weeks, but more likely months now? Any manager or DOF worth there salt would have reviewed our games and made plans already made coming into this job and a plan of how they want to shape the squad.

July 18, 2018, 03:55:36 AM
Reply #1502

SANA_DR0

You'd be paying over the odds if you're making major signings in January. Maybe, maybe not.. all players are over the odds.. check out Ronaldo..

This summer has no relation to last one. Entirely new people in charge. Why swear off this window when it's clear even from their own comments they want to bring in players?

Plus, what do you even think Silva and Brands have been doing for certainly weeks, but more likely months now? Any manager or DOF worth there salt would have reviewed our games and made plans already made coming into this job and a plan of how they want to shape the squad.

they have been seeing the players face to face, training with them., asking them where they like to play, how our management/coach want them to play, seeing if they can play those roles, checking out the players who didnt feature last year, seeing if they could adapt.
reviewing our games under managers who played a totally different style to what Silva plays, would not glean and knowledge on our squad..

im not saying dont do any business this window, all im saying is wait,, see what we need after the players have been vetted properly. im sure we will buy a cb and a cm.. other than that i can wait til jan.,

Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

July 18, 2018, 03:59:26 AM
Reply #1503

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Overall in terms of signings...it's also about perception. There is a reason the likes of Real Madrid go out and buy at least one big player each summer. It reinforces the idea that they're top dog and they can get any player they want.

Obviously, that's not us but it still stands that perception is important. It's not about other fans, it's about prospective players, agents, managers, etc.

If we look weak or unambitious it doesn't help us attract talent down the line. We don't have European football, so all the more important to show ambition in other ways.

We don't have to go out and sign a 100 million player, but we do need to attract at least some up and coming talent or just be happy getting players that can help us sculpt the team we want and hopefully let results speak for themselves. Standing still is not an option we have currently though if we're serious about progressing.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 04:05:23 AM by blueToffee »

July 18, 2018, 04:12:07 AM
Reply #1504

SANA_DR0

i dont see how playing players that won the world cup with england a year or so ago, is standing still, those players weren't utalized. we didnt play to their strengths.

we aint real madrid, probably not even real madrids b team...

how is it weak giving a youth players who have kicked ass at their international age level, weak?

we've stood still for over 2 seasons, we actually have a pretty talented bunch of young players, thats the back bone of everton.

anyway..

Everton linked with a £18m move for Uruguay World Cup star: A good move by Silva?
http://madaboutepl.net/2018/07/everton-linked-with-a-18mmove-for-uruguay-world-cup-star-diego-laxalt/

From South America: Playerís transfer Ďimminentí and Everton are the closest to signing him
http://sportwitness.co.uk/south-america-players-transfer-imminent-everton-closest-signing/
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

July 18, 2018, 02:15:29 PM
Reply #1505

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
The Times has us wanting Richarlison and also interested in Welbeck

July 18, 2018, 03:05:59 PM
Reply #1506

Trowel

Belgian press have linked us with Janet Jazz Jazz Jam. Yucky!

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

July 18, 2018, 03:12:24 PM
Reply #1507

Shogun

Administrator
God I hope not
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

July 18, 2018, 03:13:12 PM
Reply #1508

Ramjam

When I read your first line I thought we had signed Janet Jackson
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 18, 2018, 03:14:10 PM
Reply #1509

Macca77

July 18, 2018, 03:49:36 PM
Reply #1510

D15TIN

Malcom
Digne
Mina

Are the 3 we're pursuing according to Dom King, would think we'd be looking for a CM too, maybe that Italian we were heavily linked with last week

July 18, 2018, 04:31:20 PM
Reply #1511

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

I'm sorry, can't resist :)

Pickford

Jags --------- Mina

Coleman ---------------------------------- Digne

Gana ----- Schneiderlin

Sigurdsson

Walcott --------------------- Malcom
Tosun

Hmmm, even strengthening a hell of a lot with them 3 possible additions - I still dont like the look of Gana and Schneiderlin in the mid. Maybe just Gana as def central mid, in a 4-1-2-3, so

Pickford

Jags --------- Mina

Gana

Davies ------ Sigurdsson

Tosun

Hmmmm, then being greedy. Sell Schneiderlin and one or two others, and add a monster defensive mid, that can actually play as well.

Pickford

Jags --------- Mina

Gana ----- Doucoure

Sigurdsson

Tosun

Yup, that will do - Brands!? Make it so...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 05:47:52 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

July 18, 2018, 05:00:50 PM
Reply #1512

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I thought Malcom played on the right?

July 18, 2018, 05:02:38 PM
Reply #1513

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Jesus welbeck and januzaj imagine that
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 18, 2018, 05:03:44 PM
Reply #1514

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Jesus welbeck and januzaj imagine that

I'd take Jesus from City, but the other two can fuck off.