October 21, 2020, 12:09:53 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 227957 times)

July 27, 2018, 07:51:59 PM
Reply #2130

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That's kind of the point though isn't it? Too many young players that aren't good enough coupled with too many high earners that are no longer good enough. One way or another they need moved on.

I suppose, but like I donít think silva is ever really considering Williams, Connolly, Pennington, Kenny, Beni to be serious members of his first team squad.

We donít have too many players we just havenít too many shit players
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 27, 2018, 07:52:21 PM
Reply #2131

Gash

Global Moderator
And Iíve just shown how the numbers mean very little.

You could add Browning, Pennington, Galloway, Besic, Vlasic and Lookman to bring the numbers down even further it still wouldnít make a big dent in the wages but youíd have a squad in the low 20ís.

I'm not sure why you keep going on about wages as if it's the sole reason to reduce the squad? It's one of several reasons, the manager wants to work with a smaller squad, plus some of them just aren't good enough, regardless of how much they're being paid. If we clear out five young players that aren't going to make, so much the better.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 07:59:49 PM by Gash »

July 27, 2018, 07:55:01 PM
Reply #2132

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
You can only name a squad of 25 players to the premier league. Though I cant remember how it works with the young players as obviously you don't have to name all of those in that squad

July 27, 2018, 08:07:12 PM
Reply #2133

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Wake up to seven new pages in he Summer Signings thread. Must be something good.

Wade through 7 pages of relegation talk and Waltzer losing his mind.

Thank you NSNO. You have ruined Friday before it began.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Imam Jagne, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 27, 2018, 08:08:06 PM
Reply #2134

van der Meyde

I suppose, but like I donít think silva is ever really considering Williams, Connolly, Pennington, Kenny, Beni to be serious members of his first team squad.
He's basically said exactly that.

And also that he'd rather a few of these players stayed and learned from him, rather than going out on loan.

July 27, 2018, 08:12:14 PM
Reply #2135

Lazarou

Wake up to seven new pages in he Summer Signings thread. Must be something good.

It's another glorious day in the Corps.
A government of the gobshites , by the gobshites , for the gobshites .

July 27, 2018, 08:13:41 PM
Reply #2136

Evertonian in NC

The beatings will continue until morale improves!
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

July 27, 2018, 08:14:22 PM
Reply #2137

Waltzer

I like to get to the party early, there will be plenty more joining soon!! :)

July 27, 2018, 08:15:49 PM
Reply #2138

Waltzer

Havent we been linked too........

IS ZAHA SET TO LEAVE PALACE?

Could Wilfred Zaha be set to leave Crystal Palace? Well, the forward - who has been linked with a move to Spurs - has just left a cryptic message on Instagram saying:  "Today is the day I make a change with everything."

Not only that, but the Ivorian also removed the Palace logo from the bio on his Instagram page for all you conspiracy theorists...

July 27, 2018, 08:17:30 PM
Reply #2139

Robioto

Havent we been linked too........

IS ZAHA SET TO LEAVE PALACE?

Could Wilfred Zaha be set to leave Crystal Palace? Well, the forward - who has been linked with a move to Spurs - has just left a cryptic message on Instagram saying:  "Today is the day I make a change with everything."

Not only that, but the Ivorian also removed the Palace logo from the bio on his Instagram page for all you conspiracy theorists...

Interesting, would be suprised and delighted if it was us.

July 27, 2018, 08:18:07 PM
Reply #2140

Ross

I'm not sure why you keep going on about wages as if it's the sole reason to reduce the squad? It's one of several reasons, the manager wants to work with a smaller squad, plus some of them just aren't good enough, regardless of how much they're being paid. If we clear out five young players that aren't going to make, so much the better.

As you've said yourself the DoF and manager have both spoken about the need go reduce the wages so thatís why Iíve posted about it twice, hardly ďgoing onĒ.

Iíve also illustrated how we could shed 10 players to bring the squad size down to the magical mid twenties and only one of the players would be or has been considered a proper first team player, the other 9 have barley registered 50-100 league starts between them, theyíve hardly been crucial (or in most case even here) these past few seasons and wouldnít therefore be missed.

Also worth pointing out, again, most clubs in the league deal with 30 plus size squads itís pretty much the norm, and going into a club with a big squad certainly didnít seem to faze Silva much last summer when he brought in 8/9 players for Watford.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 27, 2018, 08:25:08 PM
Reply #2141

D15TIN

highly unlikely we'll get Zaha

July 27, 2018, 08:26:44 PM
Reply #2142

Robioto

highly unlikely we'll get Zaha

Surely off to Spurs?

July 27, 2018, 09:41:04 PM
Reply #2143

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Rookie mistake, skip to the last page every time on these type of threads. Work backwards if needed.

July 27, 2018, 11:51:54 PM
Reply #2144

D15TIN

What about Jack Grealish? Gone quiet on his move to spurs, good ball carrying CM, creative, young, potential international so sell on value etc..