October 20, 2020, 04:13:35 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 227829 times)

July 30, 2018, 11:25:30 PM
Reply #2340

TrevorSteven

A lot of those skills are inconsequential showboating, with players standing off him, letting him do 47 lollipops. A decent Championship defender would wipe the lad out, and have him subbed before half-time.

Its this attitude that keeps this club down. Fans not appreciating skills, rather longing for yet another Carsley, Horne, Parkinson etc etc

July 30, 2018, 11:27:26 PM
Reply #2341

kramer0

Its this attitude that keeps this club down. Fans not appreciating skills, rather longing for yet another Carsley, Horne, Parkinson etc etc

That's not what he's saying.

There's a lot of real estate between only wanting triers and not being impressed by that YouTube video.

July 30, 2018, 11:29:52 PM
Reply #2342

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

Big difference between a creativity, quality player and a showboater
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 30, 2018, 11:30:54 PM
Reply #2343

Bluedylan

I was taking the piss, attempting to parody that sort of attitude. Maybe it doesn't translate on the internet. I love skilful players.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 30, 2018, 11:45:55 PM
Reply #2344

Cereal Killer

Did Thomas change his username?!  lolol

July 30, 2018, 11:57:21 PM
Reply #2345

Nicco

He plays for Flamengo in Brazil. He is the kind of player we need and when I say we miss out on him, my problem is that we dont have the network to find this gems before the biggest clubs find them..Our only way to become a top team is to be the new Ajax or PSV. Build a reputation for young talents across the world for beeing a team that gives you possibilities to play at a very high level at a young age. Today Man City and Chelsea mostly buy them of english clubs.
I know!

Can't we hire that DoF that made PSV all that?
Jönköpings Södra IF

July 31, 2018, 12:04:36 AM
Reply #2346

Rodenplav64

I see Chelsea are willing to loan out Bakayoko if someone pays a fee and his wages.

Thoughts?

Fucking useless . Sooner track down Ibrahima Bakayoko who is about 40 now.

July 31, 2018, 12:16:07 AM
Reply #2347

Topper

Might not have set the world alight at Stoke last year as he was coming back after a real bad injury but I personally wouldn't say no to Kurt Zouma initially on a loan deal with the chance of making it a permanent if possible.  Quick with a decent pedigree and prem experience to boot.

July 31, 2018, 12:23:57 AM
Reply #2348

D15TIN

Might not have set the world alight at Stoke last year as he was coming back after a real bad injury but I personally wouldn't say no to Kurt Zouma initially on a loan deal with the chance of making it a permanent if possible.  Quick with a decent pedigree and prem experience to boot.
last I read he's off on loan somewhere in turkey

July 31, 2018, 12:24:24 AM
Reply #2349

D15TIN

I see Chelsea are willing to loan out Bakayoko if someone pays a fee and his wages.

Thoughts?
Watched him a few times last season, looked crap

July 31, 2018, 12:40:39 AM
Reply #2350

TrevorSteven

That's not what he's saying.

There's a lot of real estate between only wanting triers and not being impressed by that YouTube video.

Yes, it is. But it is these players we need to gamble on. Way to often clubs go for the physicallity in youngsters - its quite shocking as the physciall part of the game is the most easy to work on and improve on. Some of the most talented players will never cope with that, but we need to go for this kind of players. Coutinho never made it in Inter Milan - now he is a superstar in Barcelona. And its naive to think that this guy is just a showboater - he is on every big clubs radar now.

July 31, 2018, 12:45:15 AM
Reply #2351

kramer0

Way to often clubs go for the physicallity in youngsters - its quite shocking as the physciall part of the game is the most easy to work on and improve on.

We're in total agreement on that. It's a genuine problem in English football.

It's why I wouldn't have sold Liam Walsh last winter and why I want to give Dowell every chance to make it here. Good footballing brains are the scarcest commodity out there.

July 31, 2018, 12:50:17 AM
Reply #2352

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking useless . Sooner track down Ibrahima Bakayoko who is about 40 now.

He's got to be older than that.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 31, 2018, 12:54:02 AM
Reply #2353

Bluedylan

Yes, it is. But it is these players we need to gamble on. Way to often clubs go for the physicallity in youngsters - its quite shocking as the physciall part of the game is the most easy to work on and improve on. Some of the most talented players will never cope with that, but we need to go for this kind of players. Coutinho never made it in Inter Milan - now he is a superstar in Barcelona. And its naive to think that this guy is just a showboater - he is on every big clubs radar now.

No. I can assure you it isn't.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 31, 2018, 01:01:22 AM
Reply #2354

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Reports in Colombia suggest he’s close to a move here, only sticking point is the buy back clause.

They say united are interested but we’re the only club to make a serious bid and united are looking elsewhere at the moment.

Mourinho was very clear in that press conference he gave the other day that he gave the board a list of 5-6 names for them to buy from a couple of months ago. Right now he's expecting 1 in he said. If those names are a list he drew up, I'm guessing Mina would not be on there. It'd be Alderweireld or the like, someone proven.

I'm starting to think this noise around Man United and Mina is just that. A ploy to try and get a better price for a player they do want. Mina does not seem like a Mourinho name right now, he clearly wants players he thinks he can trust at the back and I don't see him going for another risk.

Not saying Mina wouldn't have interest from other clubs, but I think this Man United thing is a long shot.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 01:07:02 AM by blueToffee »