October 28, 2020, 05:10:12 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 230301 times)

July 31, 2018, 09:42:37 PM
Reply #2490

Evertonian in NC

Trucker speed! Do they even sell that shit in the States anymore?

I thought it was from the 70's  ;D

Not sure, really more of an opiate man meself! :D
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

July 31, 2018, 09:43:58 PM
Reply #2491

gizzblue

There are an endless number of clubs other than United (who have fucked us over endlessly, must be the source of much lunch table humour over there), find someone who wants to deal fairly.  Wolves and Fulham are inking deals left and right, people will take our money, too.

Yeah, if the only option (a premise I reject) is tying yourself to another boat anchor contract for a mediocre player who doesn't fit what we need?  You do nothing.  Better than making things even worse.

Exactly  my point, so if it takes another couple of Windows so be it...fuck buying for the sake of it .
Born not made a blue .

July 31, 2018, 09:45:31 PM
Reply #2492

Evertonian in NC

Exactly  my point, so if it takes another couple of Windows so be it...fuck buying for the sake of it .

yeah, I think maybe we are just saying the same thing in different ways, then.  I completely understand that it may take time.  My main worry is short-sightedness.  We can't afford to make things worse.  If kramer starts flapping, shit is fucked!
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

July 31, 2018, 09:46:32 PM
Reply #2493

Sixx1402

Not sure, really more of an opiate man meself! :D

Opiates! Christ you've just stepped that up a notch  ;)
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

July 31, 2018, 09:53:25 PM
Reply #2494

sam of the south

sorry to change the subject, but how do I log on to the general forum? thanks

There shouldn’t be any problems, it’s named after you, mate
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

July 31, 2018, 10:27:15 PM
Reply #2495

School of Science

There shouldn’t be any problems, it’s named after you, mate

Haha
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 31, 2018, 10:29:34 PM
Reply #2496

Hawkandro

Does one like the possible implications of that?

Silva wants 3 first team goalkeepers.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

July 31, 2018, 10:47:38 PM
Reply #2497

Alanvideo

Silva wants 3 first team goalkeepers.
......................might keep the score down !
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 31, 2018, 11:26:01 PM
Reply #2498

Heisenberg

Rojo man. They may aswell just sack anyone at the club who's hired as a scout by the club. The overspending on 'proven prem' players doesn't work we've already seen this last season

July 31, 2018, 11:52:19 PM
Reply #2499

gizzblue

Rojo man. They may aswell just sack anyone at the club who's hired as a scout by the club. The overspending on 'proven prem' players doesn't work we've already seen this last season

But but but Schneiderlin ......but but but Williams ,Bolasie ,Coco ... oh yeah it's pot luck mostly shite .... Walcott Pickford aside .
Born not made a blue .

July 31, 2018, 11:58:27 PM
Reply #2500

GrantyBoy78

I hate it when people say ‘just throw a kid in the first team, they can’t do any worse’...but it does seem a waste to give Jags/Williams game-time this season. I’m not advocating we play Feeney or buy for the sake of it, but there must be an early 20s, pacey CB out there that’d cost £10m and might improve over a season? The ceiling is so fucking low at the moment.

August 01, 2018, 12:04:20 AM
Reply #2501

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I hate it when people say ‘just throw a kid in the first team, they can’t do any worse’...but it does seem a waste to give Jags/Williams game-time this season. I’m not advocating we play Feeney or buy for the sake of it, but there must be an early 20s, pacey CB out there that’d cost £10m and might improve over a season? The ceiling is so fucking low at the moment.

So young, fast and not a disaster defensively.

I think might struggle to find one for £10m as most people are looking for that ;)

August 01, 2018, 12:37:03 AM
Reply #2502

stirlingblue

I think we should be shopping in the ‘second chance’ basket, looking at a mix of young players who were hyped too early so aren’t fashionable but still have the room to grow (Zouma, Max Meyer, Barkley) or players who are rotation options at the top level but could be starters for us (Delph, Walcott, Drinkwater)

August 01, 2018, 12:56:57 AM
Reply #2503

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think we should be shopping in the ‘second chance’ basket, looking at a mix of young players who were hyped too early so aren’t fashionable but still have the room to grow (Zouma, Max Meyer, Barkley) or players who are rotation options at the top level but could be starters for us (Delph, Walcott, Drinkwater)

We signed Walcott last January mate  :thumbsup:
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

August 01, 2018, 01:31:04 AM
Reply #2504

kewns23

How do we know if rojo right other not he may just fit the system sliva wonts too play I trust his & brands judgement more than us... Hell ppl moan at klopps first signings but look at them now!

He has pace and can past the ball and I don't think we'd pay any where near 30 for him
Ever in need of a Printer speak too me or check out our ebay shop
Blakes-Emporium
<a href = "http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Blakes-Emporium?_trksid=p2047675.l2563">