October 20, 2020, 11:44:40 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 227943 times)

August 05, 2018, 05:15:33 AM
Reply #2775

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
See I just don't agree that we look really bad, so I suppose that's where we differ. The defence is obviously an issue, but I haven't had a massive issue with our midfield/attacking play, particularly in the Porto/Valencia games which have been our hardest tests.

Think to deny how easy it has been for teams to create clear cut chances against us is a bit blind to be honest?

Iíve said before now that going forward, isnít the final third we will be OK because we have enough attackers to make and score goals once we get up there...but in terms of control, build up and handling pressure - we look really poor imo.

Today was probably our best performance so far to be fair. We just need some quality in areas weíve needed quality for 2-3 years minimum.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 05, 2018, 05:22:29 AM
Reply #2776

Bluedylan

Think to deny how easy it has been for teams to create clear cut chances against us is a bit blind to be honest?

I’ve said before now that going forward, isn’t the final third we will be OK because we have enough attackers to make and score goals once we get up there...but in terms of control, build up and handling pressure - we look really poor imo.

Today was probably our best performance so far to be fair. We just need some quality in areas we’ve needed quality for 2-3 years minimum.

I have just said the defence is concerning, so I did acknowledge that.

Did you watch the first half v Porto as well? Dominated them.

I'm ignoring the Blackburn game, because they'd just done a double session and were all fucked. And no way is Jags letting that happen to him again.

Rennes was concerning.

Today I thought we were decent, and it was little individual errors from Baines and Sandro that cost the goals. Didn't recall many clear chances they created tbh. I know Stekelenburg didn't make any saves.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 05, 2018, 05:44:08 AM
Reply #2777

Ross

Getting hard to tell the fappers from the ostriches now thereís only 4 days 17 hrs and 15 minutes to go (approximately).
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 05, 2018, 05:44:49 AM
Reply #2778

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I have just said the defence is concerning, so I did acknowledge that.

Did you watch the first half v Porto as well? Dominated them.

I'm ignoring the Blackburn game, because they'd just done a double session and were all fucked. And no way is Jags letting that happen to him again.

Rennes was concerning.

Today I thought we were decent, and it was little individual errors from Baines and Sandro that cost the goals. Didn't recall many clear chances they created tbh. I know Stekelenburg didn't make any saves.

Fair enough.

Imo it sounds like Marco is leaning more towards my view atm so hopefully he will being a couple of the right men in, and we can just have a season of getting our heads above water and re-establishing ourselves as a side with less variance in position as most of the rest.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 05, 2018, 05:54:35 AM
Reply #2779

Bluedylan

Getting hard to tell the fappers from the ostriches now there’s only 4 days 17 hrs and 15 minutes to go (approximately).

A flapper and an ostrich have just had a perfectly civil conversation, without any rancour and ended up pretty much coming from the same place. Wonders never cease eh?
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 05, 2018, 05:59:15 AM
Reply #2780

Ross

A flapper and an ostrich have just had a perfectly civil conversation, without any rancour and ended up pretty much coming from the same place. Wonders never cease eh?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 05, 2018, 02:05:49 PM
Reply #2781

74Blue

That's what is so concerning. It feels like teams don't even need to carve out clear cut chances against us. It feels like as soon as we lose possession and they get into our half, they are probably going to score, and that's a scary feeling 1 week before the season starts.

August 05, 2018, 02:40:42 PM
Reply #2782

Lxxx

That's what is so concerning. It feels like teams don't even need to carve out clear cut chances against us. It feels like as soon as we lose possession and they get into our half, they are probably going to score, and that's a scary feeling 1 week before the season starts.

Good point. Itís great that we restricted them to just a few real chances but shite that we conceded three goals out of them.

We highlight that a lot of our goals against are mistakes by us, so therefore itís not as if weíve been carved open, which could be seen as a positive?

Itís doubly worrying though weíre conceding every game from schoolboy errors so we donít even need to be carved apart by good play. I suppose if you buy enough players to swap out the shite it might eradicate that but weíd need another four in this week to achieve that.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 02:42:16 PM by Lxxx »

August 05, 2018, 03:24:42 PM
Reply #2783

Cozzie

No doubt probably a load of bullshit but here it goes.

https://twitter.com/scoobsfor/status/1026019222969831429?s=19

August 05, 2018, 03:26:44 PM
Reply #2784

Ramjam

Iím in, canít be any worse than what we have
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 05, 2018, 03:27:08 PM
Reply #2785

Lxxx

August 05, 2018, 03:28:36 PM
Reply #2786

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
He's 5ft 10. Hopefully he has a Cahill style leap on him
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

August 05, 2018, 03:38:14 PM
Reply #2787

Alanvideo

..................already linked with Spurs and Leicester last month. Probably just lazy journalism and you'd think he could spell Getafe right.
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 05, 2018, 04:16:39 PM
Reply #2788

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Never heard of him, desperate for this to be true.

August 05, 2018, 04:20:12 PM
Reply #2789

Danny

Love this shout.  Electric pace, could do a real job for us.

Not anymore, wasn't good for Stoke last year.