October 28, 2020, 05:34:36 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 230310 times)

August 06, 2018, 05:54:58 AM
Reply #2880

Evertonian in NC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

I like seeing that Mina might be put to bed, Lindelof would be fine depth, but no clue why we'd still be talking about Smalling nor especially Rojo.

How injured is Holgate?
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

August 06, 2018, 06:05:40 AM
Reply #2881

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I like seeing that Mina might be put to bed, Lindelof would be fine depth, but no clue why we'd still be talking about Smalling nor especially Rojo.

How injured is Holgate?
If we get Mina I doubt weíd be after any utd defenders. I think theyíre back up plan.
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

August 06, 2018, 06:16:13 AM
Reply #2882

dunkster

I'd like 2 new defenders. Get a decent jags/lescott pairing going
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

August 06, 2018, 06:18:58 AM
Reply #2883

Evertonian in NC

I'd like 2 new defenders. Get a decent jags/lescott pairing going

I think Mina/Holgate would be perfect together.  Lindelof is the kind of player who'd make fairly ideal depth, though.  The other two would expect to start, and aren't good enough (in my opinion).
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

August 06, 2018, 06:41:17 AM
Reply #2884

Topper

Have to say we really missed a trick not getting Jonny Evans for £3.5mil.  Good solid prem defender and at 30 a few years left too for peanuts in todays market. Would have been a super partner for Mina if we are not signing another centre half.

He would have been a short term option but comfortably better than anything we currently have.  Holgate may have potential but Keane has just been shocking since his £30mil move and I honestly can't see him doing it for us as I havent't seen anything really to impress me.

August 06, 2018, 07:15:19 AM
Reply #2885

Ramjam

Why would we tell United that we will take either of those two options if Rojo deal falls through, itís a bit like weíre allowing them to dictate our transfer preferences
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 06, 2018, 12:43:11 PM
Reply #2886

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Why would we tell United that we will take either of those two options if Rojo deal falls through, itís a bit like weíre allowing them to dictate our transfer preferences

Probably because a journalist made it up.

August 06, 2018, 01:31:35 PM
Reply #2887

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Some Barca accounts saying Andre Gomes coming in as well.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 06, 2018, 01:44:52 PM
Reply #2888

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Hope so, just so we keep up best looking team in the league.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

August 06, 2018, 01:46:22 PM
Reply #2889

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hope so, just so we keep up best looking team in the league.

Heís a handsome man I must agree, just had a little read up on him though and apparently is a total hype job who hasnít translated to Barca at all.

Gulp. Think Iíd prefer Joao Mario.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 06, 2018, 01:47:40 PM
Reply #2890

Macca77

Gonna be a busy few days isn't it

August 06, 2018, 01:54:51 PM
Reply #2891

Bluedylan

Isnít he out for 2 months with a hamstring injury?
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 06, 2018, 02:01:43 PM
Reply #2892

Hawkandro

How injured is Holgate?

Is it Achilles Tendonitis Holgate is suffering from? If so, according to the NHS website it can takes months to settle down. You'd like to think having access to the best medical facilities and staff would drastically reduce that for a full time professional footballer, but even so, I guess he could be a few weeks away yet. Even more so when you consider we have said we don't have an ETA for him returning to full fitness.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

August 06, 2018, 02:12:07 PM
Reply #2893

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Isnít he out for 2 months with a hamstring injury?

Yea just seen this as well! Canít be anything in this one if thatís the the case.

August 06, 2018, 02:29:48 PM
Reply #2894

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

That'd be amazing.  He was quality before he went to Barca.