September 23, 2021, 10:01:03 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Valencia - Saturday 4th August - 3:00pm  (Read 29134 times)

August 05, 2018, 12:06:29 AM
Reply #405

Ravardo

Full match for those that missed it

ab_channel=KymoTV

August 05, 2018, 12:10:23 AM
Reply #406

Macca77

The tension in the crowd every time the ball went near Jags or Keane was horrible

August 05, 2018, 12:10:42 AM
Reply #407

Heisenberg

Not to worried. Our pre seasons are always shit and seem poorly planned. Last productive pre season we had was under Martinez when we was in that cup with Madrid in it

August 05, 2018, 12:12:39 AM
Reply #408

Macca77

August 05, 2018, 12:13:21 AM
Reply #409

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Am I getting this right, are people really saying we should bin Gana because the players around him are shit?
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

August 05, 2018, 12:24:14 AM
Reply #411

van der Meyde

Not convinced either of them is ready to play a full season in the Prem, trying to run a midfield personally. I like them as options to develop.
I don't think the idea was that either of them should be the main man. There would still be seasoned internationals alongside them in Gueye and Sigurdsson.

It's about balance and making the most of what we have. Have we ever looked good with Gueye and Schneiderlin together? No. Does anyone think Schneiderlin offers more than Gueye defensively? Not really. There's a decent argument though that both Davies and Dowell would offer more in attack than Gueye.

You could, for example, play Dowell mainly in the home games as he's probably got a bit more guile to create chances and his shooting from outside the box could be useful against set defences.

As a less attacking and better defensive player, Davies might be a better option away.

Neither needs to carry the weight of the team on their shoulders and nor should they. We have ample evidence now though that by shoehorning Gueye and Schneiderlin both into the team that we cede control of the match which leads to the defence being left vulnerable and exposed.

August 05, 2018, 12:37:44 AM
Reply #412

Lxxx

Agreed. Gueye and Schneiderlin should never be in the same side. Id prefer it if I never saw Schneiderlin again but I appreciate that Im not going to get that wish.

August 05, 2018, 12:49:30 AM
Reply #413

Evertonian in NC

I don't think the idea was that either of them should be the main man. There would still be seasoned internationals alongside them in Gueye and Sigurdsson.

It's about balance and making the most of what we have. Have we ever looked good with Gueye and Schneiderlin together? No. Does anyone think Schneiderlin offers more than Gueye defensively? Not really. There's a decent argument though that both Davies and Dowell would offer more in attack than Gueye.

You could, for example, play Dowell mainly in the home games as he's probably got a bit more guile to create chances and his shooting from outside the box could be useful against set defences.

As a less attacking and better defensive player, Davies might be a better option away.

Neither needs to carry the weight of the team on their shoulders and nor should they. We have ample evidence now though that by shoehorning Gueye and Schneiderlin both into the team that we cede control of the match which leads to the defence being left vulnerable and exposed.

Agree with this.  Having seen Davies play, and play well, in meaningful matches - I care less about seeing spark in friendlies than I do wrt Dowell.  Then again, I have never really seen much with Dowell.
Benitez OUT.

August 05, 2018, 12:50:18 AM
Reply #414

Evertonian in NC

Agreed. Gueye and Schneiderlin should never be in the same side. Id prefer it if I never saw Schneiderlin again but I appreciate that Im not going to get that wish.

If we could fuck him off, I'd rather have Besic for squad cover/depth.
Benitez OUT.

August 05, 2018, 12:57:50 AM
Reply #415

Redartin

We'll twat Wolves next week

Don't know who we'll twat but we are a good thing for both teams to score.

August 05, 2018, 01:02:05 AM
Reply #416

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hearing whispers theyre doing pizza at the ground now.

Can anyone confirm?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 05, 2018, 01:09:59 AM
Reply #417

Evertonian in NC

Don't know who we'll twat but we are a good thing for both teams to score.

yeah, bet the fuck out of that one
Benitez OUT.

August 05, 2018, 01:10:16 AM
Reply #418

sam of the south

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

August 05, 2018, 01:21:18 AM
Reply #419

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Hearing whispers theyre doing pizza at the ground now.

Can anyone confirm?

There's a papa johns stand in the gwladys now. Strong rumours they will be taking over from Sportspesa as the main sponsor
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!