April 16, 2021, 12:19:27 AM

Author Topic: Richarlison  (Read 221463 times)

April 07, 2021, 04:27:11 AM
Reply #2625

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Not really. He's playing as a striker.
So does Harry Kane doesnít stop him being creative.

And for a striker he has a piss poor return this season in the prem. 6 goals isnít it?

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
ďHuman progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.Ē~ Andre Geim

April 07, 2021, 04:34:01 AM
Reply #2626

sam of the south

So does Harry Kane doesnít stop him being creative.

And for a striker he has a piss poor return this season in the prem. 6 goals isnít it?

Different players, different attributes.

Kane canít and doesnít have to do all the hard running and graft that Richarlison does. And letís be honest, Richarlison is really a non silky winger playing as a striker.

He has missed too many chances this year, though, I agree.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

April 07, 2021, 08:29:58 AM
Reply #2627

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Different players, different attributes.

Kane can't and doesn't have to do all the hard running and graft that Richarlison does. And let's be honest, Richarlison is really a non silky winger playing as a striker.

He has missed too many chances this year, though, I agree.

He was best cutting in from the left. Thatís where he got the bulk of his goals in his first season for us.

I donít get excited anymore when heís close to opposition goal. He wonít make a good pass and heíll either scuff a shot or it goes over in general.

ďHuman progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.Ē~ Andre Geim

April 07, 2021, 02:42:23 PM
Reply #2628

sam of the south

He was best cutting in from the left. Thatís where he got the bulk of his goals in his first season for us.

I donít get excited anymore when heís close to opposition goal. He wonít make a good pass and heíll either scuff a shot or it goes over in general.

Yeah, I prefer him cutting in from the left, as well.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

April 07, 2021, 03:03:45 PM
Reply #2629

ajax_andy

He's become as much of a problem as an asset this season.  Clearly didn't want to play left after being a striker last season, but moving him central really unbalances the team.

Feels a lot like Ancelotti has pandered to him too much and it's actually ended up being an issue now.

April 07, 2021, 03:24:33 PM
Reply #2630

Bluedylan

It's a difficult one isn't it? He is our most valuable, most important player and he does sacrifice himself for the team in lots of important ways. He works very hard, and has a very unusual skillset for a forward.

At the same time, he's sometimes lets his desire for goals overtake the team's need for goals. This is usually reflected in poor decision making in the final third (ie shooting when there is a tap in for someone else, running offside and staying offside for the entire run), and then grabbing a freekick when you have James, Digne and Gylfi who are clearly the designated takers. I know Ancelotti covered for him by saying he was on the list of takers, but I don't believe that for a moment. That's diplomatic man management.

It's not an easy balance for Ancelotti to strike to give him confidence and to get him to keep putting himself on the line for the team, but also keeping his ego in check to make better decisions and try to think of what the team needs more than what he needs,

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

April 07, 2021, 03:27:46 PM
Reply #2631

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Feels like he's ready to move on to me and dont blame him at all.

Wouldn't be surprised if Dom was looking at United maybe and saying - I could make that shirt mine 100%.

Next cycle coming to an end soon I think. Attacking players with no team around them, all you do is sell the players a d don't progress. See Lukaku for more information.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 07, 2021, 03:32:03 PM
Reply #2632

Bluedylan

Feels like he's ready to move on to me and dont blame him at all.

Wouldn't be surprised if Dom was looking at United maybe and saying - I could make that shirt mine 100%.

Next cycle coming to an end soon I think. Attacking players with no team around them, all you do is sell the players a d don't progress. See Lukaku for more information.

He been excellent for us overall (Richarlison), but I don't necessarily think it's the end of the world if he does leave. It's just how we reinvest the money that is the issue. I don't think Richarlison is irreplaceable, much as he's been as he's been a soldier for us.

As for DCL, he has to take some 1v1s on a regular basis. Clubs like Man U aren't going anywhere near him until he learns to slot, dink a keeper or go round a keeper. You'll be getting mostly them chances at the big clubs. If he can make an improvement in that area, then yes, all the big English clubs will be sniffing. I think we've got him for a season or two more at least.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

April 07, 2021, 03:44:37 PM
Reply #2633

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He been excellent for us overall (Richarlison), but I don't necessarily think it's the end of the world if he does leave. It's just how we reinvest the money that is the issue. I don't think Richarlison is irreplaceable, much as he's been as he's been a soldier for us.

As for DCL, he has to take some 1v1s on a regular basis. Clubs like Man U aren't going anywhere near him until he learns to slot, dink a keeper or go round a keeper. You'll be getting mostly them chances at the big clubs. If he can make an improvement in that area, then yes, all the big English clubs will be sniffing. I think we've got him for a season or two more at least.

Wouldn't hugely disagree with either point but I'd be surprised if we happened upon two young players of their ability any time soon.

I personally think a top club would fancy themselves as making better use of either of them.

DCL 100% needs to add some variation to his finishing and maybe some composure but it's not the issue our fans think it is. His skillset far out weighs it and to he honest, if he was at a side where he gets more of those chances id probably out my money on him developing the ability as he approaches his peak rather than staying still. Even if he doesn't you still have one of the best threats in the air since Ronaldo in his early 20s who's also an elite athlete and a superb poacher. Not bad problems to have.

Stands out more for us because the fucker hardly gets a chance made for him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 07, 2021, 03:57:57 PM
Reply #2634

Bluedylan

Wouldn't hugely disagree with either point but I'd be surprised if we happened upon two young players of their ability any time soon.

I personally think a top club would fancy themselves as making better use of either of them.

DCL 100% needs to add some variation to his finishing and maybe some composure but it's not the issue our fans think it is. His skillset far out weighs it and to he honest, if he was at a side where he gets more of those chances id probably out my money on him developing the ability as he approaches his peak rather than staying still. Even if he doesn't you still have one of the best threats in the air since Ronaldo in his early 20s who's also an elite athlete and a superb poacher. Not bad problems to have.

Stands out more for us because the fucker hardly gets a chance made for him.

I hear you on DCL, and I would back him to improve in those areas, because of the evidence of improving in so many other areas.

I'm not sure he'll ever quite be an elite goal-getter in the way he'll naturally know which finish to go with in any given situation, but still he's a superb player and would be an asset for most teams. Even someone like Danny Ings (while having none of DCL's other abilities), knows when to meg a keeper, when to dink, when to take it around. I think that's more of a natural quality, that you just bring up through the ranks with you. I'm sure it can be improved.

I'm not fearful of losing either of them tbh, because we'll get vast amounts. Also, is the market really there are at the moment for £70-100m players who aren't the finished product? I'm defo fearful of how we'll spend the money.

April 07, 2021, 04:00:55 PM
Reply #2635

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The only thing id be fearful of is yeah like you said, how we replace them. and it just adds to the list along with the midfield that needs a remodel, the wobbly back line, the lack of succession at right back, the Darth of natural wingers at left or right, no back up CF and the busted flush between the sticks!

April 07, 2021, 04:41:45 PM
Reply #2636

Omar

The only thing id be fearful of is yeah like you said, how we replace them. and it just adds to the list along with the midfield that needs a remodel, the wobbly back line, the lack of succession at right back, the Darth of natural wingers at left or right, no back up CF and the busted flush between the sticks!

So, the whole squad like? 🤣
You come at the king, you best not miss.