October 22, 2020, 04:09:37 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 197631 times)

October 18, 2020, 03:25:25 AM
Reply #2715

UnsyisaRhino

Grealish would work

October 18, 2020, 06:11:25 AM
Reply #2716

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
8/22 of his touches in the first half lost possession of the ball.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 18, 2020, 06:42:26 AM
Reply #2717

bluenuck

He's always given the ball away to much imo. ever since he got here

October 18, 2020, 07:06:58 AM
Reply #2718

American Evertonian

He was incredibly poor today. Wonder if we will see Gylfi replace him on Sunday
Are we there yet?

October 18, 2020, 03:00:59 PM
Reply #2719

Nicco

Don't have any stats to back it up but it felt as he lost it in dangerous positions to many times.
As you would say many xLeading-to-goal-positions or something like that.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
Jönköpings Södra IF

October 18, 2020, 03:05:05 PM
Reply #2720

KoemansNumberTens

He’s space jam Xavi. He’s a bit average and plays a dangerous game you have to be incredibly good to get away with. He plays as if he’s always got time and space and unlike Xavi he loses it in really bad areas again and again

I’d like to see Delph given a go instead. Least he’s a more rounded player and will contribute more defensively
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 03:27:14 PM by KoemansNumberTens »

October 18, 2020, 03:25:31 PM
Reply #2721

ally2

I've always liked him but he has got to get rid of this thing where he gives away stupid fouls around the box. Also he is so weak defensively. Yesterday he was 'tracking' a player on their right wing near the box and a mere change of direction, no real skill, left him completely bamboozled and opened up a significant chance. I don't mind the odd game where the passing goes astray but there were several moments of carelessness yesterday that could have really cost us, and that is not because of bad form.

October 19, 2020, 05:13:21 PM
Reply #2722

dazfrancis

He should be dropped, Sig has done well in his brief appearances so far. This is what competition is about.

If you're not playing well enough the next guy who is hungrier and is more focused should get the chance.

If Sig can perform consistently then Delph should possibly get a shot

October 19, 2020, 05:26:18 PM
Reply #2723

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Re-watching the game here.

He really wasn't that bad. His long passing was well off, he gave the ball away in dangerous areas in the first half but that improved in the second and his use of the ball was much better.

Typical 6/10 performance from a centre mid.

Sigurdsson touched the ball four times in twenty minutes by the way.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 05:30:46 PM by TheRam »
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 19, 2020, 07:17:22 PM
Reply #2724

Juanito

I would prefer Delph starts and see how he plays with Allan holding and Doucoure further up to cause problems. Southampton will be buzzing around for 90 minutes so would prefer Gomes plays in slower paced games while he recovers from having his ankle deformed.

October 19, 2020, 07:27:05 PM
Reply #2725

Gary1878

I don't think Gomes or Doucoure had particularly great games in the derby, and struggled to make an impact in the second half against Thiago, who is a proper player. Won't be many harder CMs to play against than him this year.

I still think Allan, Doucoure and Gomes is a very complimentary midfield trio, and has a really nice balance. That said, I think Siggy can slot into Gomes role if Carlo wants a slight change.

October 19, 2020, 08:00:03 PM
Reply #2726

Lxxx

I don't think Gomes or Doucoure had particularly great games in the derby, and struggled to make an impact in the second half against Thiago, who is a proper player. Won't be many harder CMs to play against than him this year.

I still think Allan, Doucoure and Gomes is a very complimentary midfield trio, and has a really nice balance. That said, I think Siggy can slot into Gomes role if Carlo wants a slight change.

In reality both Gomes and his replacement Sig aren't good enough to turn in decent performances on a regular basis. It's a weak area of the side which might look even worse now it doesn't have Richarlison in the left hand channel for a few games.

October 20, 2020, 02:39:44 PM
Reply #2727

Hawkandro

I like him, but he really needs to increase his output. One goal and 2 assists in his Everton career so far.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 20, 2020, 02:54:03 PM
Reply #2728

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I like him, but he really needs to increase his output. One goal and 2 assists in his Everton career so far.

not concerned at all about his goals and assists, we'll grow moss if we sit around waiting for him to suddenly discover how to be productive at that end of the pitch.

How passive he is when he's doing his current job is the issue on the ball. Passing is poor, dribbling gone. Starting to think the memories of him driving with the ball were some kind of dream.

How easily he's passed through or dribbled past is the issue off the ball.

It's time we just admit, Tomas Davies must arise.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 20, 2020, 06:03:19 PM
Reply #2729

.Matty

The whole team were slow out the traps on Saturday. I think the combo of an international break hangover and the early KO both played a part. We didn't really get going until the second half. when we were the better side for a large part. It was the same against West Brom in the early KO except they had a sending off and we battered them second half. This slow start in lunchtime KOs needs addressing.