January 21, 2021, 01:56:25 AM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 243827 times)

January 13, 2021, 05:56:03 PM
Reply #3135

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Great ball in
He looks better coming off the bench and as a squad player is OK
Simply simply lovely

January 13, 2021, 06:09:03 PM
Reply #3136

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I came in to praise his worldy cross but saw the old trap in action  :(

I was about to give you the like but then you threw in that comment about moving him on 😂😂
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 13, 2021, 06:44:21 PM
Reply #3137

kramer0

January 13, 2021, 06:46:58 PM
Reply #3138

dazfrancis

Gomes seems to be able to play with an intensity as a sub that he can't manage as a starter. I'm happy for this to continue if he can carry on making an big impact off the bench.

In theory, it should be possible to improve his conditioning to a point where he can do it over 90 mins but I also understand that given the quick succession of games this is  quite difficult to work on currently

January 13, 2021, 07:06:16 PM
Reply #3139

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon it's cause everyone else is goosed he can compete a bit more physically.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 13, 2021, 07:13:39 PM
Reply #3140

ajax_andy

With Doucoure out we'll most likely be seeing Gomes starting the next match, alongside Davies and Sig 😭

January 13, 2021, 07:30:20 PM
Reply #3141

Danny

I thought he was crap before his injury, but better at hiding it.

He has dropped off its undeniable, but I don't think the pre injury version was good enough to wait for.

Edit:

Re your other point, you are right. It's too extreme, black and white. If a player gets dribbled past in a memorable moment that's it they 'cant defend' and it sticks. Players change and form goes up and down and sometimes things go well and sometimes they don't, and it's even more true with young players.

Look at Dom. Most Everton fans including myself despite backing him to come good would have said he'll never be a goal scorer. He's now one of the deadliest men in world football in the box. You are right.
Yeah there isn’t really much to answer to if you didn’t think he was any good pre-injury.

I have a specific memory of being a Goodison and this old fella slating Dom when he was playing in an injury struck team in the Yarmolenko double loss, I always wonder what he thinks of him now whenever this topic comes up.

January 13, 2021, 07:33:09 PM
Reply #3142

Danny

With Doucoure out we'll most likely be seeing Gomes starting the next match, alongside Davies and Sig 😭

The real test of how much the team has improved over the last 6 months, getting the old gang back together.

They’re all better players individually than they showed in that spell anyway no matter what you think of them.

January 13, 2021, 07:41:43 PM
Reply #3143

GrantyBoy78

Admiral Brapbar
I might open a Star Wars and hip hop themed sandwich shop called “Brapbar’s rap bar wrap bar”.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

January 13, 2021, 08:52:45 PM
Reply #3144

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I might open a Star Wars and hip hop themed sandwich shop called “Brapbar’s rap bar wrap bar”.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

January 13, 2021, 09:35:46 PM
Reply #3145

howard1334

I reckon it's cause everyone else is goosed he can compete a bit more physically.

That could certainly be part of the story, but I reckon he's been told to play more aggressively too. 

January 13, 2021, 11:08:24 PM
Reply #3146

Paddockoldie

I've been a harsh critic of Gomes but last night he seemed more up for it. There was the incident late on when he should have won a foul, where he was quite aggressive in getting the ball and I expected him to shit out but he didn't.
Maybe it's a mental thing seeing your leg snapped, like a PTSD, but if he gets stuck in like last night we can bin that shithouse Siggy off for good. Weak as pish

January 20, 2021, 06:20:58 AM
Reply #3147

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

January 20, 2021, 04:22:15 PM
Reply #3148

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Didnt know where to put this but Gomes scores so..............
Simply simply lovely

January 20, 2021, 05:56:05 PM
Reply #3149

Deano Blue Boy

Tosuns hair is unbelievable