January 22, 2021, 05:09:35 AM

Author Topic: Gana Get Replaced?  (Read 18992 times)

January 10, 2019, 12:10:12 AM
Read 18992 times

sam of the south

So, is Gana really a gonner?

No, I don’t think Arsenal are interested 🤔
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 14, 2019, 04:58:10 PM
Reply #1

sam of the south

If we don’t get a really good replacement in that midfield without Gana is a train wreck
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 14, 2019, 05:27:23 PM
Reply #2

sam of the south

Brands won’t let him go in this window unless he’s confident that his replacement is either a younger, like for like superhuman ball winner, or a player with superior qualities in other areas
Henry David Thoreau

January 14, 2019, 05:49:33 PM
Reply #3

sam of the south

Or if the offer is too good.

I wonder what we would view as too good to turn down
Henry David Thoreau

January 15, 2019, 07:00:26 PM
Reply #4

sam of the south

It’s all gone a bit weird
Henry David Thoreau

January 16, 2019, 05:12:23 PM
Reply #5

sam of the south

Football doesn't work like that, adding and subtracting goals scored by individual players. Individual stats help us learn about players but success is still contextual.

Obviously, there's no way Davies would score as much as Sigurdsson. But here are some things he can help with:

- Preventing the opposition from cutting through us at will. Davies is useful defensively and with a better defense, we don't need to score as much to win.
- Providing our defenders and midfielders with another option in possession so that opponents can't take Gomes out of the game and put all of the heavy lifting on Gana, the CBs, and the fullbacks (like they have been since December). Davies is one of the best in the squad at moving without the ball and making himself available to his teammates.
- Forcing the team to play a little deeper, giving the front three more space to work. Imagine how much more effective the likes of Richarlison, Bernard, Lookman, and Walcott would be if they weren't facing packed defenses all the time. Here's where you recover those "lost" goals.

Nobody can say for sure if all of those things would happen but it would be a worthwhile experiment, at least.

Silva's spent the last month tinkering around the midfield -- mixing up the attack, mixing up the defense, adding a defender, subtracting that defender, mixing up the attack again. It's time for him to try something to get a grip in the middle of the park.

Koeman thought it worked that way.

“Productchivitee”
Henry David Thoreau