January 22, 2021, 05:16:36 AM

Author Topic: Gana Get Replaced?  (Read 18993 times)

January 15, 2019, 08:01:22 PM
Read 18993 times

American Evertonian

If we get offered 30m or above for him, I'd sell him. You're never going to get offered more than that for him, so he's peak value, and all players are replaceable. 

That's fair in terms of valuation - probably will never get more for him. However, we don't have to sell to buy anymore. I think we should only sell him if we can get a player that better fits Silva's system and improve our squad as a whole. If we can't do that then we should hold onto him until we find that player.
Are we there yet?

January 15, 2019, 10:21:36 PM
Reply #1

American Evertonian

Yes fair point. I agree that we don't need to sell to buy. Having said that, we do have a responsibility to be a little more financially prudent than the last few seasons, if we're going to be sustainable and successful. Part of that is selling people aged 29, when you get large, profitable bids. He's a very good player with notable limitations. He's replaceable and we need to rebuild the midfield. This season is very much a transition, flux season, so it might be the right time to sell and maximise value.

I'd also put the feelers out to see if anyone wants to pay 25-30m for Gylfi, and just start the entire midfield from scratch.

All valid points and I agree with them. Think we need to make Gomes an Everton player and then build the midfield around him. Think Gylfi and Gana don't form a balanced midfield when combined with Gomes.
Are we there yet?