November 30, 2020, 08:46:42 PM

Author Topic: Pickford  (Read 133722 times)

October 28, 2020, 12:48:24 PM
Reply #2970

Juanito

Think he will be helped by no Newcastle fans to engage with. It really did highlight his level of maturity and judgment to the fact he did interact with him and let them affect his performance.

October 30, 2020, 04:43:39 PM
Reply #2971

Macca77

Sky sports news doing a mental health awareness and anti bullying campaign, and yet they're still having a go at Pickford at every possible opportunity, adding fuel to the flame's. This is a young man who has had to hire security because of threats he and his family have had. Not one mention of that on Sky sports news though, absolutely disgusting.

October 30, 2020, 05:40:18 PM
Reply #2972

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Spot on. Write to them Macca, highlighting their hypocrisy.

November 08, 2020, 01:04:28 AM
Reply #2973

toffee_scot

Again another one of those very strange performances from Pickford today.

That incident vs Maguire - could have turned into a red card plus he flapped as that cross was made, then he won that 1 vs 1 with Rashford later on and was probably one of the reasons we didn't concede a 3rd goal until the very end of the game.

Very strange but at least Olson is there to put some pressure.

November 08, 2020, 01:17:07 AM
Reply #2974

kerryblue boy

Thought his distribution was good today something positive anyway

November 08, 2020, 05:19:58 PM
Reply #2975

Juanito

It looked like the ball was easily going out that he tried to go for and another time he gets away from an obvious foul/penalty/red card. Not bad performance otherwise but it seems only a matter or time before the next reckless, impulsive error.

November 08, 2020, 05:32:34 PM
Reply #2976

Heisenberg

He was fouled. Would of caught it if he wasn’t pushed

November 08, 2020, 05:54:49 PM
Reply #2977

ajax_andy

It looked like the ball was easily going out that he tried to go for and another time he gets away from an obvious foul/penalty/red card. Not bad performance otherwise but it seems only a matter or time before the next reckless, impulsive error.

Which would be a valid point if Maguire hadn't pushed him as he left the ground.

November 08, 2020, 06:04:01 PM
Reply #2978

ajax_andy

"I think maybe I fouled Jordan first. I did put a hand into his chest when he went to catch the ball and I did feel contact on my knee.

“I felt like I probably pushed Jordan before and I know everyone’s probably trying to jump on him dropping the ball but I did feel like I pushed him. I’d say [a penalty] would have been a little bit soft.”

That's from Maguire after the match, so I think we can chalk off the dropped catch as being Pickford dropping a clanger.

Overall had a good match, couldn't do much about the goals and pulled off a good save 1v1 against Rashford.

November 08, 2020, 06:12:26 PM
Reply #2979

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Another solid game.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 08, 2020, 06:47:37 PM
Reply #2980

cantoffee

He was good, defo fouled first.

Hope he rediscovers his best form.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 08, 2020, 06:57:51 PM
Reply #2981

Waltzer

"I think maybe I fouled Jordan first. I did put a hand into his chest when he went to catch the ball and I did feel contact on my knee.

"I felt like I probably pushed Jordan before and I know everyone's probably trying to jump on him dropping the ball but I did feel like I pushed him. I'd say [a penalty] would have been a little bit soft.”

That's from Maguire after the match, so I think we can chalk off the dropped catch as being Pickford dropping a clanger.

Overall had a good match, couldn't do much about the goals and pulled off a good save 1v1 against Rashford.
I think thats fair enough and when you review it I think it would've been a foul. That said you have to question his awareness, why even go for a ball that high that was going out of play, makes no sense to me?

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 08, 2020, 08:30:21 PM
Reply #2982

formerKHL

I think thats fair enough and when you review it I think it would've been a foul. That said you have to question his awareness, why even go for a ball that high that was going out of play, makes no sense to me?

Don’t forget matehe gets a split second to make a decision.....if he doesn’t go for it and maguire heads it back across goal and they score.......he gets slaughtered.....
I got the impression that mcmanaman and fletcher were willing him throughout the game to drop a bollock.....they even mentioned the VVD tackle.....and mentioned it again when maguire brought dig a down in the box.....never mentioned the actual tackle but the “tackle” pickford made on maguire....

November 08, 2020, 08:31:35 PM
Reply #2983

ajax_andy

Because then you can distribute it quickly and try and hit them on the counter, instead of letting it go out and then retrieving the ball and they have all their players back in position.

His decision to catch the ball was completely fine, it's just he was fouled whilst doing so.

November 08, 2020, 09:14:15 PM
Reply #2984

KoemansNumberTens

“I felt like I probably pushed Jordan before and I know everyone’s probably trying to jump on him dropping the ball but I did feel like I pushed him. I’d say [a penalty] would have been a little bit soft.”

He was extremely weak. Tiny little push and he was all over the place