November 27, 2021, 08:20:25 PM

Author Topic: Everton V Burnley Friday 8pm  (Read 40899 times)

May 01, 2019, 05:20:45 PM
Read 40899 times

Gary1878

Not really an awful lot to like or dislike about Burnley. A nothing team who have to work extremely hard just to keep the Status Quo. No real ambition to do anything in the league either. Dyche has done a good job of keeping them in the PL with the terrible squad they have.

Their work ethic and togetherness as a team is something to admire however, and it just shows how much can be achieved even if you don't have the skill.

May 03, 2019, 04:52:00 PM
Reply #1

Gary1878

Sold out again.

That means every home game for the last 3 seasons has been sold out, and with record season ticket renewals announced for next season its looks set to continue.

I have just gone on the season ticket waiting list - goodness knows how long i will be on it for being in tier 2.

The fact remains that going to watch football is actually becoming one of the more affordable things to do for a family, so you would expect this trend to continue as long as the ticket freeze continues.

May 03, 2019, 08:40:51 PM
Reply #2

Gary1878

Please explain, as I couldn't disagree more, unless by watching football you mean watching Prescot Cables

Sure. Let's take a middle-priced season ticket for next year in the Gwladys St upper. Adult ticket costing 525, plus one child (I have a 7 year old) = 95. That's a total of 620 for 19 games, 32.50 per game for both of you for 19 whole afternoons/evenings of entertainment, 19 times a season.

That is not expensive by any means. If you look at the total cost in one payment, yes it is expensive. And yes, we can talk about the transport costs and food etc, but this would vary by whatever you plan to do on the weekends anyway.

I am sure we all have our own thoughts on what is expensive and what isn't, but the club have frozen ticket prices for the last few seasons, and there has been inflation in this time of 6.4%, so relatively season ticket prices have become cheaper to other goods/services.

May 04, 2019, 03:36:13 AM
Reply #3

Gary1878

Amazing first 20 minutes but just been average since the second goal. Probably some complacency creeping in but would have been good to see a killer instinct to get the third goal by now

May 04, 2019, 03:45:09 AM
Reply #4

Gary1878

Seriously we have to keep Lookman. The guy has got one ridiculous shot on him.

May 04, 2019, 04:10:24 AM
Reply #5

Gary1878

We really need a finisher. DCL is everything we need but he really struggles with finishing. Lookman is a better finisher but struggles with the basics at times. It is something that needs to be sorted before we progress. Tonight should have been a 3/4-0 given the chances we had.