December 08, 2021, 12:20:12 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Burnley Friday 8pm  (Read 41339 times)

May 02, 2019, 05:06:02 PM
Reply #30

Lxxx

Bournemouth play expansive football with Simon Francis and Steve Cook in defence, it's not a case of play shit football and stay up or play entertaining football and get relegated.

Before anyone goes on about Bournemouth having more money, most will agree they've spent it dismally anyway and Burnley signed Ben Gibson for 20m just to sit on their bench so there is money there.

That's because this is how Eddie Howe plays. Sean Dyche plays a different way but both of them have managed to promote two small clubs and established them in the Premier League, which is impressive. It's whatever works for you.

If Howe and Dyche tried to change and move towards how the other manages they'd probably not be as successful. 'If it ain't broke don't fix it' for the pair of them. Both deserve respect for the different jobs they have done and how they've gone about it.

May 02, 2019, 05:17:11 PM
Reply #31

Alanvideo

That's because this is how Eddie Howe plays. Sean Dyche plays a different way but both of them have managed to promote two small clubs and established them in the Premier League, which is impressive. It's whatever works for you.

If Howe and Dyche tried to change and move towards how the other manages they'd probably not be as successful. 'If it ain't broke don't fix it' for the pair of them. Both deserve respect for the different jobs they have done and how they've gone about it.
....................Eddie Howe's style of play didn't seem to work so well at Burnley ,they didn't get anywhere near promotion if I recall correctly. 
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 02, 2019, 05:33:41 PM
Reply #32

Shogun

Administrator

A fine viewpoint.

My point is that we shouldn't excuse (in my view) shit percentage football as an excuse that it's the only way for a team to stay in this league.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

May 02, 2019, 05:39:37 PM
Reply #33

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Defensive percentage football in itself isn't so much the issue with Burnley for me. It's when it's combined with excessive time wasting and shithousery that I think it becomes fair to be critical of it.

Obviously the Chelsea game stands out but they do it reasonably often. Reminds me a bit of Stoke, although definitely not up to their levels yet.

May 02, 2019, 05:54:50 PM
Reply #34

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Football would be a very boring sport if everyone played the same style of football.

It's going that way already and you're having teams likes Huddersfield trying to play open, expansive football and failing massively.

Burnley have a way of playing and it works for them. I remember them scoring a brilliant team goal against us last season that involved nearly 30 passes so it isn't always defensive football.

I personally like to see teams play 4-4-2 and hitting it long to the big men.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 02, 2019, 10:06:50 PM
Reply #35

Macca77

Sold out again.

That means every home game for the last 3 seasons has been sold out, and with record season ticket renewals announced for next season its looks set to continue.

May 02, 2019, 11:39:03 PM
Reply #36

Alanvideo

Sold out again.

That means every home game for the last 3 seasons has been sold out, and with record season ticket renewals announced for next season its looks set to continue.
...............that's great .     Kopites still asking why we need a bigger ground when we can't fill Goodison.

May 02, 2019, 11:59:26 PM
Reply #37

Evertonian in NC

...............that's great .     Kopites still asking why we need a bigger ground when we can't fill Goodison.

well, most of them can't count to 21 without dropping their pants, to be fair  :D
Benitez OUT.

May 03, 2019, 02:50:22 PM
Reply #38

Alanvideo

Hoping for another clean sheet tonight , IIRC Man City were the last away team to  score at Goodison way back on the 6th of February .

May 03, 2019, 04:52:00 PM
Reply #39

Gary1878

Sold out again.

I have just gone on the season ticket waiting list - goodness knows how long i will be on it for being in tier 2.

The fact remains that going to watch football is actually becoming one of the more affordable things to do for a family, so you would expect this trend to continue as long as the ticket freeze continues.

May 03, 2019, 05:01:27 PM
Reply #40

Deano Blue Boy

Hoping for another clean sheet tonight , IIRC Man City were the last away team to  score at Goodison way back on the 6th of February .

You've jinxed us now

May 03, 2019, 05:23:28 PM
Reply #41

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Friday night games at goodison;

Beat Spurs 1-0 around the 04 days, yobo scored?

Fulham 3-0, Carsley, vic and Vaughan.

That right?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 03, 2019, 05:25:53 PM
Reply #42

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber

That right?

Think that Fulham one was 4-1 I'm sure we went a goal down and had to fight back

Don't remember that Yobo one. Was that Jelavic 1-0 v Spurs on a Friday though?
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

May 03, 2019, 05:29:59 PM
Reply #43

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

That right?
Wasnt the spurs one two nil? Didnt pienaar score a free kick?

May 03, 2019, 05:35:44 PM
Reply #44

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Wasnt the spurs one two nil? Didnt pienaar score a free kick?

We might all be getting mixed up Haha

Pienaar scored a free kick when we beat city at home 2-0 and Fellaini did the pirouette

I think the Fulham game was this one

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/6513335.stm

The home win at spurs I was thinking of was this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/17243496

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!