October 20, 2021, 05:40:26 PM

Author Topic: Everton V Burnley Friday 8pm  (Read 39091 times)

May 04, 2019, 02:19:17 AM
Read 39091 times

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

May 04, 2019, 02:20:49 AM
Reply #1

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Didnt see this happening.  City made it look difficult!

May 04, 2019, 02:22:36 AM
Reply #2

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
First confirmed as an OG.  Got to protect Firminho's record at all costs.

May 04, 2019, 02:46:11 AM
Reply #3

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Poor on Schneiderlin that, lucky it's only a yellow. Schneiderlin's been pretty decent since he came back in.

Its crazy how much of a confidence player he is.

May 04, 2019, 02:47:00 AM
Reply #4

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe all of them have read Silva’s playbook by now.

It took them a while to translate it from Portugeuse.  Now everyone is catching up.

May 04, 2019, 03:13:52 AM
Reply #5

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Haven’t conceded at goodison since feb the 6th.

Enter Peter Crouch.

May 04, 2019, 03:52:42 AM
Reply #6

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Lookman and Walcott have both been good here.

DCL, though, nah

I thought Walcott and Lookman have both shown why they're not starting.  They've had the chances to put the game away, and done nothing.  You can't imagine had Richarlison and Bernard had those same chances it would have finished 2-0.  The game turned when Richarlison started feeling his ribs in the first half.

May 04, 2019, 03:56:26 AM
Reply #7

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
The both looked bright, enterprising, and full of effort. It’s great when your subs look that eager.

I don't disagree with that, but those qualities alone aren't enough.  There has to be a level of reliability, clinicalness and decisiveness as well.

May 04, 2019, 03:59:07 AM
Reply #8

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Schneiderlin is a conundrum because he is a good player

He's two players is the problem.  He's a very good player, or he's a really bad player.  When he's good like today and when he first joined you'd have him nailed onto start.  When he goes like he did last season then you'd give him away for nothing.

Hopefully if we're changing the attitude of the crowd at goodison it'll take away some of the fear that bred last years downfall.

May 04, 2019, 04:00:27 AM
Reply #9

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Lookman did some really clever things on the ball, and Walcott is still our only player that can consistently get in behind. Two qualities there that we need.

Again, I won't disagree that those are things we need, but we also need at least one of the four chances they had between them to result in a goal.

May 04, 2019, 04:49:04 AM
Reply #10

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
If we can only have one out of Zouma and Gomes then it's Zouma all day long for me

Ah mate, thats a proper Sophie's choice situation right there.

May 04, 2019, 04:56:06 AM
Reply #11

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Gomes for me.

Think you can get by at our level with organisation ironing out individual flaws.

Don’t get many midfielders who are big, strong and can move with the ball and pass with both feet.

Understand the vertical passing stats for Gomes but think he’s a top transitional midfielder beyond what we’d get.

Whereas I think athletic CBs are easier to find, or at least cheaper.

And we've got Mina to bring in after hopefully q full pre-season.