December 08, 2021, 12:36:10 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Burnley Friday 8pm  (Read 41340 times)

May 04, 2019, 03:44:32 AM
Read 41340 times

sam of the south

Lookman and Walcott have both been good here.

DCL, though, nah
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

May 04, 2019, 03:49:05 AM
Reply #1

sam of the south

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

May 04, 2019, 03:54:28 AM
Reply #2

sam of the south

I thought Walcott and Lookman have both shown why they're not starting.  They've had the chances to put the game away, and done nothing.  You can't imagine had Richarlison and Bernard had those same chances it would have finished 2-0.  The game turned when Richarlison started feeling his ribs in the first half.

The both looked bright, enterprising, and full of effort. It’s great when your subs look that eager.
Henry David Thoreau

May 04, 2019, 03:58:17 AM
Reply #3

sam of the south

I don't disagree with that, but those qualities alone aren't enough.  There has to be a level of reliability, clinicalness and decisiveness as well.

Lookman did some really clever things on the ball, and Walcott is still our only player that can consistently get in behind. Two qualities there that we need.
Henry David Thoreau

May 04, 2019, 04:32:20 AM
Reply #4

sam of the south

Again, I won't disagree that those are things we need, but we also need at least one of the four chances they had between them to result in a goal.

I’d much rather players get in the right positions, and/or do the right things to fashion chances, which they both did rather well. Things will definitely start to click for Lookman if he wants to stay, and Walcott has looked really bright from the bench in the closing stages of this season.
Henry David Thoreau

May 04, 2019, 05:33:45 AM
Reply #5

sam of the south

Will from The Inbetweeners was right

Burnley.....Burnley can fuck off.

Pretty sure a couple of their player's WAGs were in the away end though, as there is absolutely no way on earth these ladies were from Burnley, nor interested in anything outside their phones for most of the match, and didn't know the people they were sat with.

I enjoyed a little eye contact when they were denied a penalty in the second half, so guessing it was whoever thought they were fouled that she was the partner of.

Pic?
Henry David Thoreau

May 04, 2019, 05:34:20 AM
Reply #6

sam of the south

The reporter covering our game on the BBC, Tom Rostance is a right prick on the live text; little digs about Silva seeing the season through, and deriding us for dragging the players parade out
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 06:20:00 AM by sam of the south »
Henry David Thoreau