December 08, 2021, 01:23:16 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Burnley Friday 8pm  (Read 41343 times)

May 04, 2019, 04:49:04 AM
Reply #225

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
If we can only have one out of Zouma and Gomes then it's Zouma all day long for me

Ah mate, thats a proper Sophie's choice situation right there.

May 04, 2019, 04:53:11 AM
Reply #226

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If we can only have one out of Zouma and Gomes then it's Zouma all day long for me

Gomes for me.

Think you can get by at our level with organisation ironing out individual flaws.

Dont get many midfielders who are big, strong and can move with the ball and pass with both feet.

Understand the vertical passing stats for Gomes but think hes a top transitional midfielder beyond what wed get.

Whereas I think athletic CBs are easier to find, or at least cheaper.

May 04, 2019, 04:56:06 AM
Reply #227

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Gomes for me.

Think you can get by at our level with organisation ironing out individual flaws.

Dont get many midfielders who are big, strong and can move with the ball and pass with both feet.

Understand the vertical passing stats for Gomes but think hes a top transitional midfielder beyond what wed get.

And we've got Mina to bring in after hopefully q full pre-season.

May 04, 2019, 04:59:53 AM
Reply #228

gizzblue

Good first half but fucking wasteful second half ....I must be getting greedy because despite the win im a bit gutted we never put them to the sword .
Born not made a blue .

May 04, 2019, 05:08:09 AM
Reply #229

Macca77

May 04, 2019, 05:17:32 AM
Reply #230

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Gomes for me.

Don’t get many midfielders who are big, strong and can move with the ball and pass with both feet.

Understand the vertical passing stats for Gomes but think he’s a top transitional midfielder beyond what we’d get.

I'm still Zouma but you're not wrong re: his strengths.

I can't imagine Morgan being able to drive up the pitch and take 2 or 3 players out, and I think my heart says that Gomes is more progressive...even though I think Morgan actually has better creative stats this year, watching him today everything int he final third was sideways, where Gomes seems to hint that potentially he can let himself go a bit more.

Ultimately though I do think watching us tonight again we've not been noticeably worse (or much different) with Morgan instead of Gomes. In fact Morgan is much better defensively.

CB's at our level seem to me to be good on the ball like Holgate, Ake, Kongolo, but not great defensively, or physical units who can't kick a ball like Mawson, Sakho, Dunk.

Zouma is looking like a champions league level player again to me.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 04, 2019, 05:19:18 AM
Reply #231

Juanito

I thought Schneiderlin was man of the match. Impressive and no goals conceded since he came back into the side to protect our defence. A classic no 6 performance that Silva would have been impressed with.

May 04, 2019, 05:21:48 AM
Reply #232

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'm still Zouma but you're not wrong re: his strengths.

I can't imagine Morgan being able to drive up the pitch and take 2 or 3 players out, and I think my heart says that Gomes is more progressive...even though I think Morgan actually has better creative stats this year, watching him today everything int he final third was sideways, where Gomes seems to hint that potentially he can let himself go a bit more.

Ultimately though I do think watching us tonight again we've not been noticeably worse (or much different) with Morgan instead of Gomes. In fact Morgan is much better defensively.

CB's at our level seem to me to be good on the ball like Holgate, Ake, Kongolo, but not great defensively, or physical units who can't kick a ball like Mawson, Sakho, Dunk.

Zouma is looking like a champions league level player again to me.

Yeah could argue that weve kept clean sheets with different CB combos too across last 11 games.

May 04, 2019, 05:21:52 AM
Reply #233

Simon Paul

Administrator
Will from The Inbetweeners was right

Burnley.....Burnley can fuck off.

Pretty sure a couple of their player's WAGs were in the away end though, as there is absolutely no way on earth these ladies were from Burnley, nor interested in anything outside their phones for most of the match, and didn't know the people they were sat with.

I enjoyed a little eye contact when they were denied a penalty in the second half, so guessing it was whoever thought they were fouled that she was the partner of.

May 04, 2019, 05:33:45 AM
Reply #234

sam of the south

Will from The Inbetweeners was right

Burnley.....Burnley can fuck off.

Pretty sure a couple of their player's WAGs were in the away end though, as there is absolutely no way on earth these ladies were from Burnley, nor interested in anything outside their phones for most of the match, and didn't know the people they were sat with.

I enjoyed a little eye contact when they were denied a penalty in the second half, so guessing it was whoever thought they were fouled that she was the partner of.

Pic?
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

May 04, 2019, 05:34:20 AM
Reply #235

sam of the south

The reporter covering our game on the BBC, Tom Rostance is a right prick on the live text; little digs about Silva seeing the season through, and deriding us for dragging the players parade out
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 06:20:00 AM by sam of the south »
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

May 04, 2019, 05:56:58 AM
Reply #236

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Schneiderlin MOTM for me

Certainly had a renaissance has Big Morg. He goes about his job effectively. Id hate to see him leave if Im honest. I never lost faith in his abilities
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 04, 2019, 06:16:09 AM
Reply #237

Gash

Global Moderator
I thought Schneiderlin was man of the match. Impressive and no goals conceded since he came back into the side to protect our defence. A classic no 6 performance that Silva would have been impressed with.

Silva spoke well of him in pre season and seemed to rate him, for whatever reason it went a bit pear shaped.

It's only my tuppence worth but I think his dad's death affected him a lot, he played against West Ham right after it but was subbed before half time, after that he was rarely seen for months. It's what's made his performances even more impressive to come in after so long out and look like he hasn't been away.

I've always liked him and there's plenty others I'd rather see off the wage bill before him.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 06:48:30 AM by Gash »

May 04, 2019, 06:22:48 AM
Reply #238

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Silva spoke well of him in pre season and seemed to rate him, for whatever reason it went a bit pear shaped.

It's only my tuppence worth but I think his dad's death affected him a lot, he played against West Ham right after it but was subbed before half time, after that he was rarely seen for months. It's what's made his performances even more impressive to come in after so long out and look like he hasn't been away.

I've always liked him and there's plenty others I'd rather see of the wage bill before him.

Be interesting to see if Gomes comes in next week now his suspension is up. As much as I love AG and want him to stay, dont think you can drop Morgan on current form
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 04, 2019, 07:23:20 AM
Reply #239

Bluedylan

I'd also keep Zouma over Gomes.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.