April 21, 2021, 03:14:51 AM

Author Topic: Adrien Rabiot  (Read 5232 times)

June 03, 2019, 10:13:08 PM
Read 5232 times

GrantyBoy78

He is after big wages but more importantly, he wants to be the main man somewhere. He got fed up of being rotated at PSG, which affected his national team prospects.
Utd are in a state of flux and even on big wages and with their team being short of quality in the middle, he wouldn’t be a guaranteed starter. Lukaku,Sanchez and to a degree, Pogba have all been flops there, and OGS won’t last the season.

If we were up against Barca or Juve, then we wouldn’t have a chance but if we’re only up against Utd, it’s certainly possible.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

June 04, 2019, 06:25:45 PM
Reply #1

GrantyBoy78

I must confess I know little about him, but what I dont get is if hes as good as people are saying he is why has he only got 6 international caps at the age of 24? I know its France and they are a decent side, but someone who people claim is this far out of our league id have thought would be a regular for his country? And these turning down Spurs stories have little to no substance, it was a source close to him that said he was too good, never direct quotes.
He’s got the likes of Kante and Pogba in front of him, tbf. Also, he’s a bit like Davies in that no one’s too sure where his best position is. PSG wanted him as a holding midfielder but he wanted to play box-to-box. That’s half he reason he fell out with them and ran his contract down.

I still think we have a slim chance of getting him. You exclude China, then there are only about 15-20 teams that could pay him that wage, and we’re one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

June 04, 2019, 06:50:22 PM
Reply #2

GrantyBoy78

Newspaper rumor of player wanting £170k /week ≠ Everton can offer £170k/ week wages
Rabiot’s wages = approx what Jags, Williams Garbutt were on.

It’s not that much more than Siggy and Bernard are on and you’d expect to pay a premium wage for a ‘free’ transfer.