June 20, 2021, 08:41:38 AM

Author Topic: Today's Football 2020/21  (Read 467054 times)

May 16, 2021, 02:07:50 AM
Reply #720

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Agreed. Our net spend in the last 5 years is 275m, and Leicester's is 112m.

I wrote about net spend earlier; it's misleading because they've made several huge sales. Their incoming spend is well over 400m those 5 years. We just haven't sold a Maguire, a Kante, a Drinkwater (lol), a Mahrez, and a Chilwell. Just really Lukaku, Stones & Gana. No clue how Walsh has by all accounts done very well for them while all he did here was sink us for a 1/2 decade. Plus Koemann.

The devil's in the details as they say.
I came here to chew bubblegum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

May 16, 2021, 02:20:17 AM
Reply #721

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Not it's not misleading. You've been misled.

Our purchase gross is 536m, theirs is 381m.

Our sales are 261m, theirs are 268m. So the same effectively. Both clubs have sold a couple of big players here or there (Lukaku, Stones, Maguire, Chilwell) but the overall sales are the same.

So that tells us they've bought a lot better than us, for 150m less.

The devil's in the details, as they say ;)

This is where I admit to being stoned and not able to do math in my head.

Well-played, BD, well-played.

May 16, 2021, 02:21:23 AM
Reply #722

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Indeed, which is why we've been critical of our decision makers, and lots of other people tell us to stop being critical of our decision makers. It's a bit frustrating.

This is fair, the only thing I'd say to this is they've been far more stable than us at those same leadership positions yano.

May 16, 2021, 03:04:22 AM
Reply #723

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Oh definitely. But just behave a bit more like Leicester/Leipzig/Atalanta.

It's not envy or jealousy. Its admiration and a desire to be smarter, above all else.

I despise LC (no shit, sherlock), but I adore Leipzig & Atalanta. And Lazio to a degree but I believe they've had a more successful history (could be wrong).

May 16, 2021, 10:02:04 PM
Reply #724

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Everyone puts a shift in at our place barring us 😂. They know we are weak as piss at home.

We'll have 6500 back in the grounds.

May 16, 2021, 10:46:13 PM
Reply #725

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Well that was nice.

May 17, 2021, 12:33:53 AM
Reply #726

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
When was the last time we won a game in the last minute like that? Must be a nice feeling

Walcott @ Watford last season.

May 19, 2021, 03:39:58 AM
Reply #727

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
People will respond to that with 'd'you want to swap positions with Brighton then? Do you? Eh? Do you?'

Completely missing the point that their manager is operating with massively less resources and worse players, and that he's doing a very good job to keep them safe and play attractive football at the same time.

I love how you call me passive aggressive. lolol

I learned it from you, Dad. Just kidding, I'm 15 years older than you and have it perfected.

May 19, 2021, 03:53:56 AM
Reply #728

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think it was passive aggressive, or aimed at you even, funnily enough. It was exactly what a number of people have said on the forum.

I've seen that response from multiple people when Leeds, Brighton or other sides are praised. 'Dyou want to swap league positions?' If I've misrepresented that response, let me know, but I genuinely don't think I have. Different people have said that exact comment a number of times.

Nah, you haven't. It's just that I literally posted those exact words today lol.