May 15, 2021, 09:04:33 PM

Author Topic: Today's Football 2020/21  (Read 416344 times)

Dr. Sponge and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.

February 28, 2021, 10:46:28 PM
Reply #10620

Cereal Killer

Lucky escape there, looked like a handball, his arm was up and away from his body 🤷‍♂️

February 28, 2021, 10:53:41 PM
Reply #10621

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Do we want arsenal or Leicester to win. Seems more likely that arsenal catch us than we catch Leicester

We're 3 ahead of Arsenal with 2 games in hand, and 9 behind Leicester with 2 games in hand. We also have the 2 against Villa, and away to Arsenal coming up so really, we control what we do.
I came here to chew bubblegum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

February 28, 2021, 10:55:05 PM
Reply #10622

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Woah woah woah, hold the phone.

Vardy didn't score and Leicester got thrashed at home?

That's so...surprising.

February 28, 2021, 10:57:39 PM
Reply #10623

Cozzie

Woah woah woah, hold the phone.

Vardy didn't score and Leicester got thrashed at home?

That's so...surprising.

Expect them to drop off like last season now their squad is falling to bits.
Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, It will live its whole life believing that it is Stupid.

February 28, 2021, 10:58:22 PM
Reply #10624

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Expect them to drop off like last season now their squad is falling to bits.

I always expect them to drop off. They're a 1-man team and a dramatically overrated one at that.

February 28, 2021, 10:58:44 PM
Reply #10625

Cereal Killer

Hahahaha

Ziyech definitely just tried to pick out the lino just then  lolol

February 28, 2021, 11:01:22 PM
Reply #10626

Cereal Killer

Yep, that’s 12/18 months of his career gone and some of his pace.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

They’ve said it’s not ligaments, just a bit a bone has come off his knee  :Sick:

At least 6 weeks out though still

February 28, 2021, 11:19:57 PM
Reply #10627

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I always expect them to drop off. They're a 1-man team and a dramatically overrated one at that.

They’ve got so many injuries.

They’re still a good team without vardy, but obviously a lot better with him. Kind of like every team with their best player, especially when they’re a striker.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 28, 2021, 11:25:17 PM
Reply #10628

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
They’ve got so many injuries.

They’re still a good team without vardy, but obviously a lot better with him. Kind of like every team with their best player, especially when they’re a striker.

They're not a good team without Vardy, as evidenced by their record over the last 30 games he didn't score in. Which is at borderline relegation quality.

And it's hardly every team; plenty of good teams survive just fine. Those teams don't have Iheanacho as their back-up striker. Bad teams struggle when 1 person is not performing. Good teams don't.

February 28, 2021, 11:37:04 PM
Reply #10629

Cozzie

I fully expect this to end 0-0 as all the built up big games do and that will suit us.
Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, It will live its whole life believing that it is Stupid.

February 28, 2021, 11:43:28 PM
Reply #10630

kingwynne

I’d quite happily wish all teams from 2nd to 10th end up with Draws except us and city. Looking at the fixtures we’ll know exactly what we’re aiming by the time the international break arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

February 28, 2021, 11:44:12 PM
Reply #10631

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Turned it off.

Never seen a good game between these two teams.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 28, 2021, 11:45:02 PM
Reply #10632

stirlingblue

They're not a good team without Vardy, as evidenced by their record over the last 30 games he didn't score in. Which is at borderline relegation quality.

And it's hardly every team; plenty of good teams survive just fine. Those teams don't have Iheanacho as their back-up striker. Bad teams struggle when 1 person is not performing. Good teams don't.

I dunno like, by picking the games where Vardy hasn’t scored then you’re skewing your own sample to games where they likely haven’t played well.

Their PPG over the time he’s been there have been pretty much the same (1.5) whether or not he plays.

He’s also scored 12 of their 45 goals this season, so roughly a quarter, that’s not crazy reliance on your main striker for me.

February 28, 2021, 11:53:06 PM
Reply #10633

cantoffee

I dunno like, by picking the games where Vardy hasn't scored then you're skewing your own sample to games where they likely haven't played well.

Their PPG over the time he's been there have been pretty much the same (1.5) whether or not he plays.

He's also scored 12 of their 45 goals this season, so roughly a quarter, that's not crazy reliance on your main striker for me.
It's a ridiculous argument.

"When your main goal threat doesn't score you don't pick up many points"

That's true for just about anyone.

When Kane doesn't score how are Spurs' results? Salah and Liverpool? Fernandes and United?

Half of Leicester's team walk into our no problem. They have consistently been in the top 4 for nearly two full seasons now, they are a good side.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

February 28, 2021, 11:54:57 PM
Reply #10634

cantoffee

Is this what Chelsea have been like under Tuchel?

Look solid defensively but not so much going forward. Quite boring really.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app