January 21, 2021, 01:18:21 AM

Author Topic: DCL  (Read 147397 times)

January 02, 2021, 02:27:03 AM
Reply #2310

sam of the south

Think you're right, but he's also reverted to doing lots of work outside the box, assuming that's an ask from Carlo due to those players you mention missing, so will be interesting to see how this changes with James coming back

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Yeah, in that first half Mr. Hidey was ahead of him a lot of the time, so I guess DCL felt he had to come a bit deeper, just to get something going, seeing as our number 10 didn’t seem to want to act like one.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 02, 2021, 02:37:58 AM
Reply #2311

Mayor Farnum

He was unlikely to maintain his early season scoring ratio so I'm not too concerned about his current drought. However, I think the lack of variety in the type of goals he scores is making him pretty ineffective at the moment.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

January 02, 2021, 03:06:44 AM
Reply #2312

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
He was unlikely to maintain his early season scoring ratio so I'm not too concerned about his current drought. However, I think the lack of variety in the type of goals he scores is making him pretty ineffective at the moment.

Yeah, DCL does his best work in the 6 yard box really. He doesn’t have a threat like for example Kane does in terms of his ability to hit it from outside the area. So if we aren’t creating chances close to goal his goal threat does go down.

January 02, 2021, 04:10:21 AM
Reply #2313

Bluedylan

We never create anything. When we do he scores.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 02, 2021, 04:19:06 AM
Reply #2314

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We never create anything. When we do he scores.

When he had a run of 5 games scoring, his shots in each game were :

2, 6, 4, 3, 5

During his 5 game drought :

1, 3, 2, 1, 2

Make chances score goals, same as it ever was.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 02, 2021, 05:01:35 AM
Reply #2315

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Not in the game at all today
Simply simply lovely

January 02, 2021, 12:10:08 PM
Reply #2316

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Was absolutely knackered. Didn’t have the spring in his step either and his leap was non existent.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Imam Jagne, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 02, 2021, 01:48:20 PM
Reply #2317

adaml

We have been playing backs against the wall tactics. Which is understandable as we had 4 cb's playing due to injuries. So chances dry up which means the goals do.

Soon as we get fullbacks, Allan and James back and fit then start providing chances the goals will start again.

I know Coleman and James played yesterday but to the match sharpness level is different.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 03, 2021, 04:12:59 AM
Reply #2318

Stumpy

Was absolutely knackered. Didn’t have the spring in his step either and his leap was non existent.
The guy needs a break,simple as that.
Problem is the back up is not up to the job
So we have to keep flogging him,end result performances like last night.
Most people have been banging the drum for a proven premier league scorer since lukaku went,we are still waiting.

January 03, 2021, 04:14:10 AM
Reply #2319

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I’d rest half the team against whoever it is we’re playing in the fa cup next weekend. Dcl included.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

January 03, 2021, 02:02:20 PM
Reply #2320

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Definitely needs a rest, also has barely had any service recently and as a result against West Ham he was dropping back deep to get the ball, which we really don't want to see from him

Carlo had pretty much hailed what had made him into a goalscorer being that he was staying up there and coming alive in the box

Must be frustrating as hell for him at the moment. Hopefully James and Digne are back soon as they are pretty much the creative ones in the side and most likely to be the supply line for him

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 04, 2021, 03:17:51 PM
Reply #2321

stirlingblue

We need to be more willing to play it direct into him when he pins the defenders.

Historically he’s not been amazing at back to the goal play but at the rate he’s improving he’s probably already better at it than we think.