October 30, 2020, 01:04:51 AM

Author Topic: DCL  (Read 117780 times)

July 22, 2019, 07:57:26 PM
Reply #30

Waltzer

Hope DCL can improve with more goals this year. He's not going to get us what we need over the course of the season by himself though. We need a goalscorer in as priority.
It's easy to blame his record, which I regularly do, but others need to chip in more. I love Bernard, but his record isn't good enough in front of goal and we rely to heavily on Ricky and Sig.
What worries me more though about DCL are the goals he scores as I think from his tally during the season they only contributed to about 4 points. He rarely scored the winning goal, they usually come when we're comfortable. A good striker is someone who gets you that goal to take 3 points when it's a tight game and that's what pushes you up the table, he doesn't do this

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 08:02:50 PM by Waltzer »

July 22, 2019, 08:28:22 PM
Reply #31

Lxxx

It's easy to blame his record, which I regularly do, but others need to chip in more. I love Bernard, but his record isn't good enough in front of goal and we rely to heavily on Ricky and Sig.
What worries me more though about DCL are the goals he scores as I think from his tally during the season they only contributed to about 4 points. He rarely scored the winning goal, they usually come when we're comfortable. A good striker is someone who gets you that goal to take 3 points when it's a tight game and that's what pushes you up the table, he doesn't do this

You could say that about Lukaku, and people did and still do at Man U, and he is vastly more experienced and cost 90m. DCL is just a kid learning his trade.

I do agree about your Bernard point though. We need to distribute the goals more evenly.

July 22, 2019, 08:52:18 PM
Reply #32

Waltzer

You could say that about Lukaku, and people did and still do at Man U, and he is vastly more experienced and cost 90m. DCL is just a kid learning his trade.

I do agree about your Bernard point though. We need to distribute the goals more evenly.
Possibly about the big goals and big teams, but his goals contributed in us getting an extra 18 points in his final season under the same parameters and that's what we're missing

July 22, 2019, 11:25:27 PM
Reply #33

D15TIN

Only so long you can call DCL a kid, he's nearly 23 isn't he?

July 22, 2019, 11:37:35 PM
Reply #34

Thornton_19

Only so long you can call DCL a kid, he's nearly 23 isn't he?
23 in March.

July 22, 2019, 11:41:04 PM
Reply #35

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What were you like at 23? I was fucking drunk idiot.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 22, 2019, 11:55:58 PM
Reply #36

Waltzer

And? So were probably 99.9% of the people on here, but I wouldn't have if I was a professional like DCL earning hundreds of thousands a month, id also have a massive drug habit to go along with being a drunken idiot!!

July 23, 2019, 12:07:51 AM
Reply #37

Evertonian in NC

Hope the weight of Sandro's legacy doesn't put too much pressure on him.

Shall I put duct tape over the name and wear my shirt again??
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

July 23, 2019, 12:11:19 AM
Reply #38

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
sometimes it sounds as you still are  ;)

July 23, 2019, 12:11:20 AM
Reply #39

Evertonian in NC

I keep seeing "senior" striker.  Please, no old grocks.  I'd be super happy with an "upside" striker that can share the load, and be an alternative to DCL (in tht they both play lots, the time is split like 60/40).

Think that would work very well.  We need energy from the position in Marco's system, not someone who sits back and just finishes the odd goal.

July 23, 2019, 12:39:17 AM
Reply #40

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It's not Calvert Lewin who is the issue it's having Tosun and Niasse here
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 12:41:22 AM by Silas »

July 23, 2019, 12:41:56 AM
Reply #41

Evertonian in NC

It's no Calvert Lewin who is the issue it's having Tosun and Niasse here

Agreed.  To me, DCL has showed the "floor" of what we expect from a striker in this offense.  It works with DCL in the lineup, much better than it did any other way.

Now, it's fair to say it didn't work IDEALLY because he's a sub-par finisher.  But we only want to bring in someone to provide a "ceiling" option, that might take us to another level.

July 23, 2019, 12:47:10 AM
Reply #42

KoemansNumberTens

Agreed.  To me, DCL has showed the "floor" of what we expect from a striker in this offense.  It works with DCL in the lineup, much better than it did any other way.

Now, it's fair to say it didn't work IDEALLY because he's a sub-par finisher.  But we only want to bring in someone to provide a "ceiling" option, that might take us to another level.

The minimum of what we expect is 6 league goals?

July 23, 2019, 12:52:03 AM
Reply #43

Mayor Farnum

The team in general wasn't exactly flying for the majority of last season to be fair to DCL.
If you look at Greame Sharp's record for us he more than doubled his goals per season when he was playing in a winning team.
DCL could be similar as he contributes all along the front line.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

July 23, 2019, 12:58:22 AM
Reply #44

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Jesus. Here come the 1 in 33 shouts.