November 27, 2020, 09:41:16 AM

Author Topic: DCL  (Read 127866 times)

July 23, 2019, 05:18:14 PM
Reply #75

KoemansNumberTens

It's basically just KNT, answering anyone who says anything positive about DCL, anywhere in the world, at any given time.

I donít think itís anything positive. Itís more anyone claiming heís good enough to lead the line for a decent premier league team (or more outlandishly heís worth a minimum of 40m and spurs and arsenal would sign him or best still the best young player in the world)

His potential is up for debate. Not sure his current record is. Itís just plain poor.

The outlandish claims donít come from me. They come from people who claim ďif you donít rate DCL you just donít understand footballĒ and other such nonsense

Anyone want to have a bet he doesnít score 12 in the league next season?

July 23, 2019, 05:23:42 PM
Reply #76

Bluedylan

I donít think itís anything positive. Itís more anyone claiming heís good enough to lead the line for a decent premier league team (or more outlandishly heís worth a minimum of 40m and spurs and arsenal would sign him or best still the best young player in the world)

His potential is up for debate. Not sure his current record is. Itís just plain poor.

The outlandish claims donít come from me. They come from people who claim ďif you donít rate DCL you just donít understand footballĒ and other such nonsense

Anyone want to have a bet he doesnít score 12 in the league next season?

You have to answer it don't you? Anything containing the letters 'DCL' in that order, regardless of context, you simply have to respond to.

Dude, we all know the argument, we all know your position on it, we could all now argue both sides of the argument completely, because we've all been exposed to the endlessness of it. It's cool. We'll see how he develops and performs over time.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 23, 2019, 06:52:35 PM
Reply #77

Robioto

This whole DCL thing just goes round and round in circles on here, feel like I'm reading posts that I've read over and over again for the past 2 years.

He will be here next season, he's getting the number 9 shirt, Brands and Sliva like him, lets see how he gets on.

July 23, 2019, 07:29:53 PM
Reply #78

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Fully expect him to score about 7 league goals, be totally ineffective half the time and have people pretend his a great (23 year old) prospect

When he starts doing as well as the strikers at wolves, West Ham and Leicester Iílll stop saying heís not good enough for Everton

Yeah we can argue all day about whether or not we expect it to rain tomorrow, but the only time we'll know is tomorrow. So why waste today?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 23, 2019, 07:50:32 PM
Reply #79

stirlingblue

So if he is going to be the main striker for us this season. How many goals are we expecting from him? 13 to keep his 1 in 3 ratio up?

Well in order to please some people heíll have to do as well as Leicester, Wolves and West Ham strikers.

Vardy - 18 goals
Jiminez - 13 goals
Arnautovic - 10 goals

On that basis he just has to score the 5th most goals in the league for KN10 to accept he might be decent

July 23, 2019, 07:59:01 PM
Reply #80

KoemansNumberTens

Well in order to please some people heíll have to do as well as Leicester, Wolves and West Ham strikers.

Vardy - 18 goals
Jiminez - 13 goals
Arnautovic - 10 goals

On that basis he just has to score the 5th most goals in the league for KN10 to accept he might be decent

I think we should expect a striker that gets 13-15 and we need 1 that scores around vardyís 18 if weíve real ambition to get amongst the top 5 or 6. Do you disagree. Also West Ham have improved on their strikers since the season ended

July 23, 2019, 08:02:13 PM
Reply #81

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
80% of the strikers in the league wonít get 12 goals.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 23, 2019, 08:05:11 PM
Reply #82

MmmblueBernard

Cant believe that we're accepting that 12 is good enough. Its not. Your main man needs to be getting at last 20 or your finishing absolutely no-where near the top in the league.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 23, 2019, 08:07:02 PM
Reply #83

KoemansNumberTens

80% of the strikers in the league wonít get 12 goals.

How many will get 6? How many of that 80% play for teams with ambitions to be in the top 6?
You genuinely think 12 is an unreasonable number to expect from our striker?

July 23, 2019, 08:15:11 PM
Reply #84

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
How many will get 6? How many of that 80% play for teams with ambitions to be in the top 6?
You genuinely think 12 is an unreasonable number to expect from our striker?

Just thought it was a relevant point to throw out there.

Iím not going any further.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 23, 2019, 08:21:10 PM
Reply #85

KoemansNumberTens

Just thought it was a relevant point to throw out there.

Iím not going any further.

Thereís surely 9 clubs whoíd expect their striker to get 12 and the majority of them to beat that number by a decent margin.

July 23, 2019, 08:44:42 PM
Reply #86

stirlingblue

Cant believe that we're accepting that 12 is good enough. Its not. Your main man needs to be getting at last 20 or your finishing absolutely no-where near the top in the league.

Going back 5 years:

Last year 4 players scored 20 or more goals.

17/18: 4 players
16/17: 5 players
15/16: 3 players
14/15: 3 players

Unless youíre having a freak season (like Lukakuís best one) or are around the top of the table thereís no way our strikers will be getting those numbers.

United finished 6th last season with the top scorer being Pogba on 13 goals, if weíre as defensively solid as we were in the tail-end of last season then we donít need to be scoring shedloads of goals.

For me, DCL contributed to those clean sheets with defending from the front. If he can do that, continue to bring others in and get 10+ goals then Iíll call that a good season for him.

July 23, 2019, 08:59:01 PM
Reply #87

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I am going to say this and then close this thread and never ever ever enter it ever again.

If it wasn't for Calvert-Lewin last year, Marco Silva would have got sacked.

Goodbye.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 23, 2019, 09:17:11 PM
Reply #88

Evertonian in NC

If I ever get around to shooting my dumb self in the head, I have no doubt it will be with a DCL thread open.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

July 23, 2019, 09:27:31 PM
Reply #89

Omar

I'd be quite happy with DCL on 13 this upcoming season.
You come at the king, you best not miss.