April 16, 2021, 01:06:34 AM

Author Topic: DCL  (Read 179420 times)

April 08, 2021, 10:42:21 PM
Reply #2610

Paddockoldie

Dom has developed a lot this season but he's still not an instinctive finisher. If you take the chance he had on Monday when he was one on one with the keeper and tried to shoot past his left side... easier for the keeper to restrict his shot. An instinctive finisher would have lobbed it over him as he was diving to meet the shot. It's knowing what's best to do in that split second. Elite strikers would have bagged at least a hatrick from the chances we had on Monday. Neither Dom or Richy are that...yet?

April 08, 2021, 11:06:15 PM
Reply #2611

Dr. Sponge

We need to buy another goal threat this summer, and if we sell Richarlison we'll need to buy two.

April 08, 2021, 11:10:11 PM
Reply #2612

Toffee_4_Life

Stats for this year. He's been sensational and anyone on his back after one bad game (I say one as even in his goal drought since Feb he's been he rally playing well just getting fuck all service)

Getting in the position to score, better than his xG, battering every one in the air. People calling for this lads head are a joke and need to get a grip.

https://twitter.com/elpivoteftbl/status/1380165207406882825?

April 08, 2021, 11:19:42 PM
Reply #2613

kerryblue boy

Stats for this year. He's been sensational and anyone on his back after one bad game (I say one as even in his goal drought since Feb he's been he rally playing well just getting fuck all service)

Getting in the position to score, better than his xG, battering every one in the air. People calling for this lads head are a joke and need to get a grip.

https://twitter.com/elpivoteftbl/status/1380165207406882825?
Spot on

April 08, 2021, 11:23:14 PM
Reply #2614

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Has anyone called for his head?
RIP

April 08, 2021, 11:28:18 PM
Reply #2615

Cozzie

Does need to improve those one on one finishes but there is no reason why he can't, still got absolute shed loads of time before he peaks.

He has improved his goal tally immeasurably by doing what Carlo has told him to do and has become one of the best in the box, one touch finishers in the league, stressed by the fact that he hasn't scored from further out than 9.4M.

This will be the next stage of his development.

An absolute baller, athlete and all round game that will only get better.

Get the players around him pinging it in and watch him roll.

April 08, 2021, 11:51:43 PM
Reply #2616

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Does need to improve those one on one finishes but there is no reason why he can't, still got absolute shed loads of time before he peaks.

He has improved his goal tally immeasurably by doing what Carlo has told him to do and has become one of the best in the box, one touch finishers in the league, stressed by the fact that he hasn't scored from further out than 9.4M.

This will be the next stage of his development.

An absolute baller, athlete and all round game that will only get better.

Get the players around him pinging it in and watch him roll.

Do you attribute his subpar finishing to technique or composure? or both?

My fear is that the technique can be taught, but the composure really can't. Except the hope that better technique breeds the necessary composure to develop into an "ice in his veins" striker.
RIP

April 08, 2021, 11:59:01 PM
Reply #2617

Cozzie

My fear is that the technique can be taught, but the composure really can't. Except the hope that better technique breeds the necessary composure to develop into an "ice in his veins" striker.

I do think "Composure" specifically can come from confidence.

The more he is slotting and the first goal he scores via rounding the goalie or dinking it will boost that, as well as hopefully playing in a team creating more chances like the one from the first 4 games of the season.

His misses are magnified a hell of a lot more now as when we win its usually by the odd goal so people will dive on his back if we end up drawing or narrowly losing as apposed to earlier on.

Strikers, along with goalkeepers probably are the most confidence players out there. His technique as you said can indeed be taught but the composure side will come more from confidence when he gets his goal scoring groove back.

April 09, 2021, 12:12:10 AM
Reply #2618

kerryblue boy

If you look at his first goal against West Ham earlier he shows great composure to take it down and finish it he has it needs to work on better finishing which is more about decision making than composure IMO

April 09, 2021, 12:14:14 AM
Reply #2619

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
If you look at his first goal against West Ham earlier he shows great composure to take it down and finish it he has it needs to work on better finishing which is more about decision making than composure IMO

Prob a little of column A, a little of column B. But I hear what you're saying about decision-making. Which, like coffee said, should improve as his technique improves and he thus trusts himself more.
RIP

April 09, 2021, 01:54:35 AM
Reply #2620

Thornton_19

If i was a player i would fucking hate playing for Everton.

Sent from my SM-G977B using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

April 09, 2021, 02:11:24 AM
Reply #2621

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's fucking great Jesus fucking Christ why scrutinise absolutely one of our best players in his best season for us so far?

April 09, 2021, 02:45:41 AM
Reply #2622

penguinofdoom1878

Dom is 23? think he just turned 24,. or is about to

Wtf was Kane doing when he was 23/24... he just come back from loan spells from leicester and norwich i think, and it was his breakout season., scoring 21 goals.

DCL is on track he has 19 goals in all competitions,  ontop of that, Carlo's played his first 11, 6 times this season, out of those we won 5, drew 1.
We have a shit house squad, besides maybe a handful, the guy who scored the most for us, and has got us were we are, is hated on. fucking lol.

i dont get the hate, oh well yes i do.. Toffeetv kinda touched on it., Davies, Holgate, DCL get the most hate, cos they're young getting paid silly money, and buy silly clothes/lavish lifestyle...
no wonder they get so much hate from people who aint gonna achieve much.

its all relative tho, just be happy,

Kane at 23/24 was scoring 29 goals in 30 games in the Premier League for Tottenham.

I donít hate Calvert-Lewin I quite like him, I just think he needs another striker with him/challenging him. He also needs to do more outside of the 6 yard box which at the moment he doesnít really.

He has 14 in 26 games (league games) which as a stand alone is great, itís just a shame that only 3 of those goals came in the last 15 games.

What I want more than anything for the lad and the team, is for him to have the last 11 games like the first 11, when he was on fire.

April 09, 2021, 05:50:43 AM
Reply #2623

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Build the side around him imo.

Commit to it, make him our biggest earner and promise him a system that drops the ball on his fod or in the 6 yard box every 15 mins. We'll get you 5, 6 shots a game. You do the rest. Top full backs. Midfielders who can thread the needle. Movement. Overloads. All of it around feeding a deadly 6 yard box striker who can out also out-jump and out-sprint almost every CB in the league.

We haven't got a style, we haven't got an identity? A classic British number 9 is wearing the royal blue right in front of us. Build the side around him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 09, 2021, 12:39:05 PM
Reply #2624

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Build the side around him imo.

Commit to it, make him our biggest earner and promise him a system that drops the ball on his fod or in the 6 yard box every 15 mins. We'll get you 5, 6 shots a game. You do the rest. Top full backs. Midfielders who can thread the needle. Movement. Overloads. All of it around feeding a deadly 6 yard box striker who can out also out-jump and out-sprint almost every CB in the league.

We haven't got a style, we haven't got an identity? A classic British number 9 is wearing the royal blue right in front of us. Build the side around him.

About four teams in the whole world play like that though.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown