January 22, 2021, 02:48:17 AM

Author Topic: Tom Davies  (Read 108299 times)

January 11, 2021, 06:15:25 PM
Reply #885

dazfrancis

We aren't getting anybody better than him for whatever we'd sell him for.

We aren't getting anybody better than him as backup on his wages.

We've got other, massive issues with the team before we need to start improving on our 5th choice centre mid.

Mad the level of abuse this lad gets, not sure if it's because he's one of our own or because he dresses a bit funny but there's certainly no football argument for it.

To put it in context, Gomes and Sig are both paid four times as much as him, are many years older and cost 70m+ for the pair and arenít noticeably better in that CM

Don't get me wrong. I prefer Davies to Gomes or Sigurdsson but I also think we need more mobile players in midfield. Davies is OK but not great.

I just don't see those 2 fucking off anywhere soon

Also, it's not with transfers you pock X million from a sale of one player and then you only have X million to spend that's a mad oversimplification

January 11, 2021, 06:54:49 PM
Reply #886

Bluedylan

He'd be a lovely squad player to rotate in and out, if we had a strong, settled, accomplished midfield. Unfortunately we don't have that, so at the moment he get's dragged down by the Gomes/Sigurdsson axis of disappearance, and gets lumped in with them by a lot of our fans, unfortunately.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 11, 2021, 08:07:40 PM
Reply #887

Waltzer

He'd be a lovely squad player to rotate in and out, if we had a strong, settled, accomplished midfield. Unfortunately we don't have that, so at the moment he get's dragged down by the Gomes/Sigurdsson axis of disappearance, and gets lumped in with them by a lot of our fans, unfortunately.

All of that is true to an extent, I'm taking on board that he has a lot of potential and is still young. But our previous and current manager seem to rate Sig and Gomes significantly higher than him, so unsure if that's an accurate representation that they drag him down. At this point in time he is just as bad, if not worst, although he has time to improve. But I struggle to blame Sig or Gomes for some of things he does, hes just really poor at certain aspects of the game

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 13, 2021, 03:08:21 PM
Reply #888

ajax_andy

Normally I'm not a fan of Davies, but thought he did well last night... Yes he misplaced a few passes, but he did stuff I've crying out for him to do last night... Stuff like receiving the ball and turning with it and moving forward in to space.  Also hit a great 50 yard pass to Digne that I didn't know he had in his locker.

Not a perfect performance, but did more right than wrong last night imo