December 02, 2020, 05:40:49 AM

Author Topic: Kean (On loan to PSG)  (Read 151075 times)

August 18, 2019, 12:56:48 AM
Reply #90

Tinga

Id like to see us start in a 4-3-3 with:

Kean -DCL - Richarlison

Gbamin - Sig/Iwobi - Gomes

With DCL doing the grunt work freeing up Kean/Richarlison to work as inside forwards and Sig/Iwobi as the most offensive of the three. All the width to come from Coleman/Digne.

Basically copying what Liverpool do with Richarlison/Kean replacing Mane and Salah.

So DCL starts in Keans position which means Bernard is dropped, what has DCL done to deserve such a place in the team?

August 18, 2019, 01:07:51 AM
Reply #91

Heisenberg

That was more do do with Watford's lack of threat up front than our "control in the middle".

Going to have to disagree. I think we made them look poor and these are games we often mess up. We concede 3 against these last season giving us a 2-2 draw and a 1-0 defeat

August 18, 2019, 01:14:06 AM
Reply #92

Mayor Farnum

Going to have to disagree. I think we made them look poor and these are games we often mess up. We concede 3 against these last season giving us a 2-2 draw and a 1-0 defeat

These are poor. Apart from the first 20 minutes our midfield struggled to retain possession let alone create chances.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

August 18, 2019, 01:22:14 AM
Reply #93

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Stream went as he came on. Sounds like he looked good.

August 18, 2019, 01:26:39 AM
Reply #94

The Analog Kid

Has to start next week against Villa

August 18, 2019, 01:27:22 AM
Reply #95

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
He looked good, puts himself about, very strong and not afraid to stick a foot on. Seemed desperate to score on his debut, I think the second chance would have been cancelled out by VAR. Hopefully, it will just take a few weeks for other players to understand where he wants the ball. I like Calvert-Lewin and know he has a different role but Kean looks to be on a different level as a goal threat.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

August 18, 2019, 01:55:45 AM
Reply #96

Thornton_19

Built like a fridge. Big strong lad him. Think he will do well

August 18, 2019, 02:02:40 AM
Reply #97

Evertonian in NC

DCL should clearly be the backup.  And I'd rather him come on for Richarlison (when a sub is needed there) than the useless offsides machine Walcott. 

Kean is going to be an absolute star. 
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

August 18, 2019, 02:15:51 AM
Reply #98

Gary1878

This guy is a player. First touch is excellent, and his speed of thought is amazing for such a young lad. Reminds me of a young, but more technically gifted version of Lukaku in his build up play. Strong and fast, but quick feet.

We are going to really like this lad.

August 18, 2019, 02:23:44 AM
Reply #99

Everton Mint

This guy is a player. First touch is excellent, and his speed of thought is amazing for such a young lad. Reminds me of a young, but more technically gifted version of Lukaku in his build up play. Strong and fast, but quick feet.

We are going to really like this lad.

Spot-on. Very Lukaku like in build but looked more agressive and with a better touch.

If he can finish like Lukaku we have a bargain.

August 18, 2019, 02:37:50 AM
Reply #100

blueski

Works his socks off as well
Nil Satis

August 18, 2019, 02:52:06 AM
Reply #101

Dr. Sponge

My stream went at 83 minutes so missed a  bit of him. Gutted.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 18, 2019, 02:52:25 AM
Reply #102

Duncs_a_legend

Played well today. He's really capable of holding up the ball and playing with his back to goal too, something I didnt expect, I just thought he was all about pace and flair.
That first shot was just a bit of inexperience, he hit it too hard and probably should have taken another touch or 2. Overall I was impressed.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 18, 2019, 03:19:43 AM
Reply #103

howard1334

Really should start next week. Not like dcl has been banging them in or even knocking on the door.  And Keane's hold up play and work rate look equal to dcl's.

Sent from my SM-G965U using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 18, 2019, 03:45:57 AM
Reply #104

Macca77

Yeah so he's good, he's very good