November 26, 2020, 09:29:42 AM

Author Topic: Kean (On loan to PSG)  (Read 149802 times)

October 09, 2019, 01:39:14 PM
Reply #15

Dr. Sponge

I had a hunch from the moment ae bought him that he would flop.

Thus far I am being proven correct. He looks a good player but sometimes its about timing. See Serge Gnabry at WBA compared to him now at Bayern scoring 4 in the CL.
So... Is he a flop? Like you said.

Or... Does he need time to develop like Gnabry? Like you said.

Or are you just talking shit?

November 01, 2019, 01:36:43 AM
Reply #16

Dr. Sponge

Some good points in here, especially from Kramer.

I'm disappointed in the sparse use of Kean too. 10 minutes at the end of the game isnt enough, he needs 30 minutes at least, in front of a midfield that can pass.

And it will have hurt his confidence to be played out of position in a LC game only to get hooked at half time.

Maybe he has been shit in training but we can only have an opinion on what we've seen, and he looks to have been poorly managed.

November 10, 2019, 03:37:20 AM
Reply #17

Dr. Sponge

Seems supportive of the guys and the win on his Instagram story. 19 year old kids more likely to spit his dummy out but doesn't seem to be doing so. Hopefully a learning step. I think 1 goal could completely change him (and being played up front for more than 10 mins at a time obviously!)
I think a lot of them employ a PR rep to use their Instagram account.

November 17, 2019, 02:27:38 PM
Reply #18

Dr. Sponge

I think, odd Watford right-wing experiment apart, he has looked sharp and promising when he's played.

The fact he hasn't been played up front with a busy number 10 (Iwobi) behind him is unfair, and on Silva.
I agree with that.

Although, I think if Silva's job wasnt on the line then he would allow more playing time for him.

December 16, 2019, 05:50:14 PM
Reply #19

Dr. Sponge

I'm 32 and I like 442 and them gettin stuck in.

December 16, 2019, 07:48:38 PM
Reply #20

Dr. Sponge

Settle down kids.

It's a bit mad that he had no shinnies on. Doesnt seem like something you'd just forget to do.

December 19, 2019, 05:53:54 AM
Reply #21

Dr. Sponge

He still looks a bit Lukaku to me.  Just keep playing him, see what he turns into.  That size, speed, and footy intelligence combo is hard to beat.  And we are never bringing in a monster like that who is the finished article.
At least you didnt say he looks like Iwobi.

December 24, 2019, 03:35:34 PM
Reply #22

Dr. Sponge

Agreed. Lesson learnt. Look to academy before splurging money. A la Ajax or Man Utd (Fergie or Solskjaer looking to Greenwood)
You have to have a player like Greenwood at the academy to look to in the first place.

December 30, 2019, 04:11:17 PM
Reply #23

Dr. Sponge

Still not sure what kind of striker he is.

How was he used for Juve? Wide? Deeper? Last man?

He mad a great run against the shite off the last man. Missed the 1 on 1 like but the run was promising, I just havent seen it since.

January 07, 2020, 01:05:14 AM
Reply #24

Dr. Sponge

He's young and raw, but he needs to do a bit more.

Looks worse every time I watch him. I'd like to see him start against Brighton, and give Richarlison a rest.

January 11, 2020, 05:16:31 PM
Reply #25

Dr. Sponge

He had 4 chances to take a penalty against Leicester but didn't.  Instead Tosun Baines Holgate and DCL stepped up instead.

One day he will score and everyone will say see I told you he'll come good, but every game that goes by the same people say just wait it's not long off now. For me he's done nothing to justify starting upfront on a regular basis.
The manager picks the penalty takers doesnt he?

January 16, 2020, 06:32:28 PM
Reply #26

Dr. Sponge

Fuck sake Moise

January 19, 2020, 07:05:26 AM
Reply #27

Dr. Sponge

Was poor today and has been most times I've watched him, aside from a few minor flashes.

Ideally he should go on loan and play regular at a lower level for half a season, but we spent wedge on him and we are short of players as it is, so we just have to take it on the chin and let him cut his teeth in the league.

January 19, 2020, 03:06:42 PM
Reply #28

Dr. Sponge

Adjusting takes time and at 19 a few run outs in the U23's would assist his transition - plus, he should be the stand out player

But at 30m, not going to happen - he's too good, of course..............
Yeah he needs regular game time.

We're all waiting for him to impress because of the reputation he came with, no harm in saying he's disappointed so far.

If we weren't so crap this season we could afford to loan him out for 6 months, but we need him.

January 22, 2020, 04:42:57 AM
Reply #29

Dr. Sponge

Fuckin made up for him when he scored... the whole stadium loved it. He played a blinder as well.