November 23, 2020, 10:47:20 PM

Author Topic: Kean (On loan to PSG)  (Read 149351 times)

October 30, 2019, 05:55:18 AM
Reply #15

Mayor Farnum

Does he play reserve football? Is there such a thing anymore?

He still looks way off the pace and his half-time substitution was the correct decision.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

November 10, 2019, 02:49:59 AM
Reply #16

Mayor Farnum

He's still not shown anything to suggest he's ready to start.

November 10, 2019, 03:07:38 AM
Reply #17

Mayor Farnum

When is he supposed to have done that?
In training initially. But his performance against Sheff Utd was anonymous, likewise his half against Watford.

November 13, 2019, 12:31:46 AM
Reply #18

Mayor Farnum

Hate people who are regularly late for work, always the same people and usually the tip of the iceberg.

November 13, 2019, 12:45:13 AM
Reply #19

Mayor Farnum

Always a good idea to buddy them up with a senior member of staff who can help them along the way.

Nah, it's a basic courtesy that should be learned by the time anyone is out of middle school.

November 13, 2019, 03:10:29 AM
Reply #20

Mayor Farnum

I'm not being facetious here but have you ever met a teenage professional footballer?

As soon as there is a sniff of the first team - long before a contract is even an option - they are pampered beyond belief.  Everton's policy is that, because they can't offer 16 year old's bags of money, they tell them that if there is anything they want, they ask for it and it arrives.  That often goes for the parents too.

Now lash into the mix a 19 year old boy who is probably living away from home for the first time, who has just been signed from the Champions of his home country, for a hefty fee, to play in the Premier League.

Guidance from an older team-mate is - quite simply - a MUST.  Leaving players like Moise Kean to be late for training is exactly how George Green's career and mental health went the way they did.

Mentor, chaperone, and harass.  Keep this kid on the straight and narrow and for fuck sake don't hang him out to dry in the media for being late twice in 3 months. 

To be honest I wasn't specifically refering to Kean. I was just relating that in my thirty odd years of working life I have found that it's mostly the same people that are bad time keepers yet it's such a basic thing for anyone to manage.
There is no excuse for continual lateness. And if you're doing a job you are supposed to love it's even harder to.justify.
Being on time is not beyond a 19 year old and it's expected of every employee in every walk of life.

November 17, 2019, 07:20:40 PM
Reply #21

Mayor Farnum

As if we'll send him out on loan. We obviously don't think he's ready yet so are protecting him from unnecessary exposure; something we will lose any control of if we loan him out.

January 11, 2020, 11:42:50 PM
Reply #22

Mayor Farnum

He is 19.
He has come, as a young boy, to a new country.
He has come, as a young boy, to a new country, to a team in crisis.

Give him some fucking time!!!
Quite right. Although there seems to be more people saying that now than on the day he arrived.

People were saying he's ready to start after blasting one over the bar in the last ten minutes against a team chasing the game second home game in.

January 18, 2020, 01:03:48 AM
Reply #23

Mayor Farnum

Be surprised if he starts tomorrow.

January 19, 2020, 12:19:24 AM
Reply #24

Mayor Farnum

Does he get any kind of match action? Is there such a thing as reserve football anymore?
He needs minutes in a match situation.

January 19, 2020, 03:33:56 AM
Reply #25

Mayor Farnum

People were expecting him to be the fulcrum of our attack this season. Same people now are saying give him time.

January 19, 2020, 04:01:22 AM
Reply #26

Mayor Farnum

Seen people saying give him time in the rezzies, beyond daft.

He needs time in the prem. We've nothing to play for here so why not develop these more. Build the side around the young players and prepare for next year.

11th with Moise Kean and Anthony Gordon acclimatised to the league and prepared to take off next season would be IMMEASURABLY better for this club than 10th,9th,8th.

No reason why he can't devide his time between both until he proves where he belongs.

January 19, 2020, 04:52:03 AM
Reply #27

Mayor Farnum

I'm not sure if that'd be the right message, he's our 9th most expensive transfer of all time and you're saying he needs time in the ressies with Unsworth!?
That's what you do to people you don't want or like, not those you want to succeed

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Yes I forgot it's all about protecting peoples feelings these days.

January 22, 2020, 05:49:51 AM
Reply #28

Mayor Farnum

His best performance by a mile. Carlo need to harness that power and pace.

February 02, 2020, 07:11:11 AM
Reply #29

Mayor Farnum

Strikers don't pass in that situation.