NSNO Forums > The Everton Forum

Sigurdsson

(1/354) > >>

Dr. Sponge:
Capable of heavenly blessed divine beauty (belter goals). Excellent end product.

But does his lack of involvement in the build up play limit us as a team?

Is that his style or is it Silva's decision to keep him pressed high?

Let's get it all in here.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Dr. Sponge:
Mods... please add an s to his name. Apologies.

markB:
you have to ask yourself if he is so good as a 10 0r an 8 why did Swansea move him out to the left in his last year with them

mikey_blue:
I think it's a bit of both. Sigurdsson's game is what it is, and he's at his statistical best, when he's right behind the striker. Having him played further back, would completely change his positioning on the pitch, him arriving late into the box, and picking up the ball in dangerous areas would change. He wouldn't score as many goals, or get as many assists. Like it or not, that's what wins games. Which he does for us on a regular basis, so credit where it's due.

Unfortunately for us, he has to play there to make up for Dom's deficiencies in front of goal, and that is a Silva decision.

Im intrigued by the idea of a 433, but can't see the who the midfield 3 would be. We struggle starting passing moves and playing through the middle so I don't think dropping Sig would help in that regard, as he's probably our best passer (in the final third). It's puzzling.

We will need to change something to get better though.

Dr. Sponge:

--- Quote from: markB on August 13, 2019, 04:06:03 AM ---you have to ask yourself if he is so good as a 10 0r an 8 why did Swansea move him out to the left in his last year with them

--- End quote ---
Their decisions got them relegated.

But yeah moving him to the left of a 433 is an option. Get the extra man in midfield and keep his goals and assists in the team. Could be as simple as switching him and Bernard, if Bernard is up to it.

Or, up steps Iwobi.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with NSNO | Everton Forum. To register, please click here...
Go to full version