November 25, 2020, 02:19:11 AM

Author Topic: Sigurdsson  (Read 64946 times)

November 07, 2020, 11:31:58 PM
Reply #1215

Waltzer

If you think that where he was positioned during the Southampton game wouldn't completely nullify tue LW then I think you're absolutely bonkers. In this area of the pitch you have and Everton LB overlapping, a LW trying to get on the ball and a LCM doing god knows what, then you have the Ston RB, the tracking back LW and the CB covering. Which also allowed the Ston CMs to do what the fuck they wanted and their LW to run at us all day because our CMs had to cover their two CMs

Gylfi is an appealing footballer. Him hiding in that pocket completely undone us.

Glad you find him appealing

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 07, 2020, 11:33:55 PM
Reply #1216

sam of the south

you gonna start blaming him for Pickford being shit too!!!

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

You love a good diversion, don’t you.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

November 08, 2020, 12:49:51 AM
Reply #1217

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

I didn't even need to press play to know what song that was. lol
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

November 08, 2020, 03:26:16 AM
Reply #1218

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Say what you like about how limited Gomes is, and how poor his stats are, but he at least held his position and was fine tactically in the LCM role.

We’ve crumbled since this joker came back into the starting fold.

Don’t get me wrong, I know Richarlison is the biggest miss, and an unfit James is the second biggest miss, but Sigurdsson coming in, especially as captain, has been a big comedown.

Nah he was absolutely shite in that position as well and was a huge issue positionally. Both need to fuck off and they can take about 5 others with them
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 08, 2020, 03:37:03 AM
Reply #1219

sam of the south

Nah he was absolutely shite in that position as well and was a huge issue positionally. Both need to fuck off and they can take about 5 others with them

Indeed, he wasn’t great, but he didn’t hide from the ball, and he did cover when needed.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

November 08, 2020, 03:41:57 AM
Reply #1220

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

We’ve won every game this season with him playing that position though with Allan and doucoure playing much better.

Doucoure should be focusing on covering that space james vacates when he get hit on the counter but now he’s got a gaping hole to the left of him he’s having to be everywhere.

Gomes isn’t great but he certainly doesn’t make shite thirty yard runs up the pitch for no reason leaving us exposed on and off the ball.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 08, 2020, 03:51:51 AM
Reply #1221

sam of the south

We’ve won every game this season with him playing that position though with Allan and doucoure playing much better.

Doucoure should be focusing on covering that space james vacates when he get hit on the counter but now he’s got a gaping hole to the left of him he’s having to be everywhere.

Gomes isn’t great but he certainly doesn’t make shite thirty yard runs up the pitch for no reason leaving us exposed on and off the ball.

4 wins and a draw, to be pedantic, but yeah, we didn’t lose.
Henry David Thoreau

November 08, 2020, 03:52:50 AM
Reply #1222

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Indeed, he wasn’t great, but he didn’t hide from the ball, and he did cover when needed.

He's much worse defensively than Sigurdsson.

No he just drifts gently up the pitch and drifts gently back down. He's absolutely horrible positionally, and even if he IS there he gets bypassed so easily he may as well not be there.

He does some times give dreadful fouls away that lead to goals, I'll give him that.

Both painful to watch. Hope we buy a centremid in January and never see either of them again.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 08, 2020, 04:07:06 AM
Reply #1223

sam of the south

He's much worse defensively than Sigurdsson.
Henry David Thoreau