April 16, 2021, 12:48:40 AM

Author Topic: Sigurdsson  (Read 113317 times)

March 13, 2021, 07:51:46 PM
Reply #1755

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
What would everyone give him out of 10 for this season... No bias based on previous seasons, just purely on this current one?

6.50/10

+ 0.50 for the Anfield penalty

= 7.0/10 so far for me
RIP

March 13, 2021, 07:58:27 PM
Reply #1756

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
5.5/10

He was a 4 until the past couple of months where he’s been a 7.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

March 13, 2021, 08:04:33 PM
Reply #1757

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Less open play shot creating actions per90 than Andre one assist Gomes. Closer to Jon Joe Kenny than James Rodriguez from open play.

A player with all the technique in the world, who's occasional moments of genuine quality distract from the 99% of the time he does absolutely nothing but pretend to press and hide from the ball.

What we're seeing right now is when it lands for him. He gets a few goals and a few assists, largely off set pieces with the occasional bit of quality, while giving us almost nothing else on the pitch.

Making the same mistakes again and again, and wondering why we never kick on.

Everton, forever.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 13, 2021, 08:06:06 PM
Reply #1758

Bluedylan

What did you think this summer though? Dont think we will do the same, but hopefully 2 or 3 quality players and the others get shifted out or phased out

Yeah, I'm just thinking if they wanna spend £30m plus on Aarons and then maybe similarish on a right midfielder/winger, not sure how much cash there will be for a top drawer centre mid?

Would be helped if we could sell a few but it's hard to see who we'd get rid of for decent money.

Also with the impact of Covid, maybe we won't have as much as we'd normally have to invest.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 13, 2021, 08:07:50 PM
Reply #1759

sam of the south

Less open play shot creating actions per90 than Andre one assist Gomes. Closer to Jon Joe Kenny than James Rodriguez from open play.

A player with all the technique in the world, who's occasional moments of genuine quality distract from the 99% of the time he does absolutely nothing but pretend to press and hide from the ball.

What we're seeing right now is when it lands for him. He gets a few goals and a few assists, largely off set pieces with the occasional bit of quality, while giving us almost nothing else on the pitch.

Making the same mistakes again and again, and wondering why we never kick on.

Everton, forever.

Maybe Ancelotti is comfortable with us being a set piece, non possession based side.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

March 13, 2021, 08:32:52 PM
Reply #1760

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
What would everyone give him out of 10 for this season... No bias based on previous seasons, just purely on this current one?

I'd say currently a 7.

Depending on how he finishes the season that could end up being +/- 1. If he keeps on setting up goals from set pieces that end of being game deciders he'd probably deserve an 8. If he falls off in his delivery and otherwise doesn't contribute much over the remainder of the season he'd probably end up on a 6 for me.

March 13, 2021, 08:38:24 PM
Reply #1761

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe Ancelotti is comfortable with us being a set piece, non possession based side.

Maybe for now, but based on how we started the season, I wouldn't think that's what he wants long term. Carlo Pragmatico.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 13, 2021, 08:52:54 PM
Reply #1762

sam of the south

Maybe for now, but based on how we started the season, I wouldn't think that's what he wants long term. Carlo Pragmatico.

In the context of him saying he wants to give Sigurdsson a new contact, though, I wouldn’t be so sure.

Unless this new contract is a fair bit less than £100k, of course, then it would make it easier to sell him.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

March 14, 2021, 12:36:28 AM
Reply #1763

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
In the context of him saying he wants to give Sigurdsson a new contact, though, I wouldn’t be so sure.

Unless this new contract is a fair bit less than £100k, of course, then it would make it easier to sell him.

I think it's more the fact that he feels he can rely on him so why let him go.

I think the plan will be to have people next season who can actually have an impact when they come off the bench. If we can migrate players like Sigurdsson, King, Davies, Gomes etc to the bench and have better in the starting 11 - then suddenly - we have a good squad.

March 14, 2021, 01:43:19 AM
Reply #1764

sam of the south

He’ll be back to rescue us against City.
Henry David Thoreau

March 21, 2021, 01:34:58 PM
Reply #1765

ajax_andy

I properly laughed when he looked like he wa s time wasting by the corner flag after 72 minutes... He wasn't, he was trying to skill his way out, but has so little dribble ability it was comical.

Was as expected anonymous throughout last night, but not really the type of game you'd expect his to excel.

March 21, 2021, 02:53:40 PM
Reply #1766

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
I properly laughed when he looked like he wa s time wasting by the corner flag after 72 minutes... He wasn't, he was trying to skill his way out, but has so little dribble ability it was comical.

Was as expected anonymous throughout last night, but not really the type of game you'd expect his to excel.

First time I noticed he was on the pitch.

Then I forgot he played until I read your post.