October 28, 2020, 03:17:36 PM

Author Topic: [News]Do Everton have what it takes to avoid relegation?  (Read 6124 times)

December 06, 2019, 02:27:54 PM
Reply #75

arteta4spain

I really hope we have enough to stave off relegation. Cannot underestimate just how important this next appointment is though; get it wrong, and we are gone.
These Pereria shouts/rumours make me extremely nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

December 06, 2019, 02:31:05 PM
Reply #76

arteta4spain

To get us out of this mess it's like we need a pragmatic manager who's priorities are defence first, not afraid to throw in a long ball, prepared to grind wins with minimal risk  :whistle:
Definitely. Safety first and foremost. I can see the reasoning of Moyes coming back as hed set us up the right way and hopefully tighten the defence up. Have to be honest I think the players will have a wake up call if he came back. Im not advocating him to as I think its a backwards step but for whos available. Hes less of a risk than anyone out there. Unless we can get someone decent in. Love to know who the other two candidates are in this four man shortlist.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

December 06, 2019, 03:37:35 PM
Reply #77

BlueForYou

End of Feb, March and beginning of April, crunch time with a run of return fixtures:

Away to Arsenal, Spurs & Chelsea; Home to Utd, Liverpool & Leicester

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

December 06, 2019, 07:03:20 PM
Reply #78

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Its going to be more than 40pts this season

Or it could be considerably less, since no one's winning and draws seem to be the norm.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

December 06, 2019, 07:28:57 PM
Reply #79

KoemansNumberTens

Or it could be considerably less, since no one's winning and draws seem to be the norm.

Brighton and Newcastle both won last night. Southampton have won 2 in a row. Theres only 1 side at the top going to post 100 plus. Utd arsenal and spurs are going to get less. Only Watford are adrift. Them points have to go somewhere

December 06, 2019, 07:57:53 PM
Reply #80

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Brighton and Newcastle both won last night. Southampton have won 2 in a row. Theres only 1 side at the top going to post 100 plus. Utd arsenal and spurs are going to get less. Only Watford are adrift. Them points have to go somewhere

No, I know that. But lots of draws also equates to fewer points too. That said, it could simply mean less of a spread with a lower ceiling and higher floor so I see what you're saying too.

December 07, 2019, 10:35:14 PM
Reply #81

BlueForYou

Yes - we do have what it takes to avoid relegation

Do we have what it takes to win our next two Cup games?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

December 07, 2019, 10:40:08 PM
Reply #82

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Is it too late to change my answer?

Quoting myself and changing my answer back to yes!

Tune in next week for the next flip-flop. I'll know for sure by matchday 38.

December 07, 2019, 10:44:24 PM
Reply #83

NickNack

If we show the effort and work-rate we showed today well be nowhere near the bottom by the end of the season. Its something weve been lacking for the last few seasons. Question is can we keep it up?