October 22, 2020, 06:51:37 AM

Poll

Who should we go for?

Author Topic: Our Next Manager.  (Read 219097 times)

October 05, 2019, 11:27:07 PM
Read 219097 times

mikey_blue

With the pressure really starting to mount on Marco, and the media are definitely circling, it doesn't look like he has too much time left in the job.

Personally I think he should be given time to turn things round. Till after the International break at the least. With Gbamin coming back from injury, we may finally see the fabled 4-3-3. If he comes back from the break and keeps trying to pedal this 4-2-3-1 thing then it's absolutely time to go.

I'm interested to see who we would bring in now that Brands has his feet under the table.

Who would you want to bring in?

Marcelino or Gasperini (Atalanta) would be the one's I'd go for out the gate. Here's a little article on some lesser known managers that could be interesting.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/10-best-managers-europe-youve-probably-not-heard-yet

October 05, 2019, 11:28:31 PM
Reply #1

Bob Latcford

If itís left to this lot, another Muppet
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 11:29:47 PM by Bob Latcford »

October 05, 2019, 11:33:09 PM
Reply #2

Normm

ARTETA.

This is his chance. He can't do worse - and he's got the brains and tactical experience to do a great job.

October 05, 2019, 11:35:15 PM
Reply #3

eyesalwaysblue

But we're only 5 points off Burnley? FFS
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 05, 2019, 11:35:54 PM
Reply #4

Good_Eye_Sniper

If we weren't in such a pressure situation I would have said Arteta from City. Good reputation, learned from arguably the best manager around, would go over well with the fans, and not too big for us at the current stage of his career. I would also consider Bielsa from Leeds, seems a bit mental, but could instill a winning mentality and he seems like he has some tactical nouse. We can't kid ourselves that this would be a job that would be appealing to people like Mourinho so lets not even go there.

I think our appointments have been bad since Moyes left:
1. Martinez got Wigan relegated.
2. Koeman was sacked before he went to Southampton and only really did well there off the back of what Pochetino did the year before.
3. Silva never stayed at a club past one year since his first appointment, and was sacked by Watford before he came to us.

If Silva goes, however, I'm expecting us to announce the return of Allardyce or maybe Ranieri cos that is the kind of stupid thing that we would do. Only joking about those two, but I can genuinely see Moyes being offered a contract till the end of the season - even though I personally think that would be a backward step.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 11:37:28 PM by Good_Eye_Sniper »

October 05, 2019, 11:36:08 PM
Reply #5

Cereal Killer

ARTETA.

This is his chance. He can't do worse - and he's got the brains and tactical experience to do a great job.

Has he?

October 05, 2019, 11:36:23 PM
Reply #6

toshyboy

We very much need a coach who can work with and improve the players, and fits within our structure . Mourinho will be heavily banded about but doesnít tick any of them boxes for me. Iíd go for Erik Ten Hag me, based on how good Ajax have been with a mixture of young and old who have both clearly improved under him

October 05, 2019, 11:37:53 PM
Reply #7

Waltzer

ARTETA.

'Mikel leave City and the amazing reputation your forging and come to us. You'll have a flappy keeper, a sieve for a defence, no strikers, but that irrelevant as the midfield don't create fuck all anyway'

Might be a hard sale!!?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

October 05, 2019, 11:38:18 PM
Reply #8

KoemansNumberTens

With the pressure really starting to mount on Marco, and the media are definitely circling, it doesn't look like he has too much time left in the job.

Personally I think he should be given time to turn things round. Till after the International break at the least. With Gbamin coming back from injury, we may finally see the fabled 4-3-3. If he comes back from the break and keeps trying to pedal this 4-2-3-1 thing then it's absolutely time to go.

I'm interested to see who we would bring in now that Brands has his feet under the table.

Who would you want to bring in?

Marcelino or Gasperini (Atalanta) would be the one's I'd go for out the gate. Here's a little article on some lesser known managers that could be interesting.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/10-best-managers-europe-youve-probably-not-heard-yet

The international break is now isnít it? How can we give him that? We could then lose the following game and heíd have to go anyway

October 05, 2019, 11:39:38 PM
Reply #9

Good_Eye_Sniper

We very much need a coach who can work with and improve the players, and fits within our structure . Mourinho will be heavily banded about but doesnít tick any of them boxes for me. Iíd go for Erik Ten Hag me, based on how good Ajax have been with a mixture of young and old who have both clearly improved under him

Sad to say, but he's way out of our league.

October 05, 2019, 11:40:11 PM
Reply #10

Heisenberg

So far the only two serious suggestions Iv seen are for Arteta and Unsworth. Weíre definitely best waiting till end of the season 

October 05, 2019, 11:44:02 PM
Reply #11

ally2

I would be on board with Arteta. He must know now that van Bronkhorst is being lined up as Guardiola's successor. Arteta knows the English game like the back of his hand and has that attachment to Everton. He is unlikely to be offered a better job.

October 05, 2019, 11:44:41 PM
Reply #12

toffee_scot

The next manager will have to be someone who:

- Can get the best out of the players brought in under Silva
- Can get the best out of the players brought in under Allardyce
- Can get the best out of the players brought in under Koeman
- Can get the best out of any players that are still there from Moyes and Martinezís time.
- Will have to think of a playing system that will suit the above and new players that will come in.

Good luck to whoever.

October 05, 2019, 11:45:37 PM
Reply #13

Topper

http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=94834.3825

Look at the results of this last poll, who realistically would we add to the list that would come.  And to think the majority were happy with Silva over Rodgers.  Its a dire time at the club at the minute.  Hopefully Brands gets his say and its not up to Moshiri and Kenwright again who have made a bit of a hash of the last few managers

October 05, 2019, 11:47:48 PM
Reply #14

Waltzer

Hopefully people will think about how well Rogers is doing at Leicester before abusing me. I said it last time and I'll say it again, Rafa.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app