January 25, 2021, 05:37:52 PM

Author Topic: Bernard  (Read 31430 times)

January 12, 2020, 02:32:26 PM
Reply #30

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
All of the above is true really. Quality little player who Ancelotti clearly likes and was possibly pleasantly surprised to find here, but he does also need to stay fit and start putting some decent numbers on the board in goals and assists.

His energy output for his frame/build is INSANE, so it’s understandable he flags really badly in the latter stages.

Find him some central midfielders to ease some of the need to cover so much ground and I think we will see him increase damage made in the final third and also sustain it for longer.

January 12, 2020, 02:54:11 PM
Reply #31

eyesalwaysblue

Hope Gomes gets back to his best, with Bernard and him fully fit we have 2 players that could completely transform the midfield from the pedestrian,stagnant bilge we've had to watch for so long, both can force defenses onto the back foot, both can turn defence into attack quickly, but don't shirk the defensive responsibilities, 2 keepers.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 12, 2020, 03:05:49 PM
Reply #32

Gary Todd

He's quality in my opinion had a great game yesterday played in the right formation he's got a lot to offer and think he will flourish under Carlo

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 12, 2020, 03:08:57 PM
Reply #33

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
He's been really good, despite probably being rushed back after his injury.

Not sure about these shouts for him and Iwobi to play together in the middle though? What would that look like against an aggressive, physical midfield? I think they'd walk right through us, personally.

Much as it pains me to say it, because I'm a big fan of both, but for me, Bernard and Iwobi is probably an either/or on the teamsheet.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 12, 2020, 03:16:21 PM
Reply #34

ajax_andy

Not sure about these shouts for him and Iwobi to play together in the middle though? What would that look like against an aggressive, physical midfield? I think they'd walk right through us, personally.

Much as it pains me to say it, because I'm a big fan of both, but for me, Bernard and Iwobi is probably an either/or on the teamsheet.

I think if you play the 4-2-2-2 formation you can have them both playing as that advanced wider player with them dropping back in to a 4-4-2 out of possession.  I agree though they can't play on a central midfield together

January 12, 2020, 03:21:12 PM
Reply #35

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
I think if you play the 4-2-2-2 formation you can have them both playing as that advanced wider player with them dropping back in to a 4-4-2 out of possession.  I agree though they can't play on a central midfield together

I guess it's a possibility, but I can't really see it myself. That's asking a lot of them both attack-wise and defensively. It's pretty much asking them both to play box-to-box all game.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 12, 2020, 03:43:27 PM
Reply #36

Dr. Sponge

I think as well as Bernard played yesterday, the threat of Walcott's pace and quality of runs in behind also had an affect on the way Brighton played.

If you had Iwobi instead of Walcott, they would feel more at ease pushing up to the halfway line.

I thought the balance was good yesterday, it was only Sigurdsson who looked shoehorned in due to our injuries.

January 12, 2020, 03:45:26 PM
Reply #37

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Get him and Iwobi on the pitch mate, let's see some football
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 12, 2020, 03:47:56 PM
Reply #38

Lxxx

DCL and Richy’s head’s will be doing 360 degree turns wondering where to run in behind next and who is finding them. Bring it on.

January 12, 2020, 03:58:28 PM
Reply #39

mikey_blue

Slipped in some lovely through balls yesterday. He needs to continue doing that and the forwards need to get onto them and get shots off or rifle the ball across the 6 yard box for some easy tap-ins, just like city do.

January 12, 2020, 03:58:42 PM
Reply #40

sam of the south

It looked lovely against West Ham.

Imagine those two with Sangare and Kessie behind them.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 12, 2020, 03:59:58 PM
Reply #41

Cozzie

One of our best performances this season was against West Ham at home with both Iwobi and Bernard on the pitch, I think it could work.

January 12, 2020, 04:00:20 PM
Reply #42

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I like him on the left with the freedom to come inside because hes quick enough to get back into position when needed. Caused havoc with his movement yesterday. I'm not arsed about numbers we are better with him in the side.

January 12, 2020, 06:14:26 PM
Reply #43

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Only creative option yesterday
Simply simply lovely

January 12, 2020, 08:41:57 PM
Reply #44

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

Almost entirely agree. The only time I could see Bernard & Iwobi at the same time would be as dual 10s with Gbamin & Gomes as the CMs behind them. This of course leaves 1 of our strikers out of the XI but options are good.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).