January 21, 2021, 01:26:04 AM

Author Topic: Bernard  (Read 31155 times)

January 10, 2021, 07:31:02 PM
Reply #300

Mayor Farnum

I don't think he's ever embraced living on Merseyside. All those tattoos yet he's never got one of a swallow between his thumb and index finger.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

January 10, 2021, 07:43:32 PM
Reply #301

Waltzer

Well Swansea got the fee not him. He earns slightly less than Bernard and has contributed much more.

Genuinely don't get why you're so hooked up on his wages. Let's say he's on about 40k more than the squad average, that's only about 8 million over 4 years, yes it's 8 million but considering he was free it's still a deal that made a whole lot of sense. I guarantee he won't even be near the top with regards to money lost. His wages, come June, will be about 18 million, if we sell him near 8-10 million our outlay isn't bad for a well regarded Brazilian, it didn't work out well, so we move on.

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 10, 2021, 08:47:08 PM
Reply #302

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I like him. Think heís a great player but sometimes it doesnít work out and Iím not surprised this has gone the way it has.

Happy we made the signing and took the risk though.

Have similar feelings with kean.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 10, 2021, 10:38:30 PM
Reply #303

KoemansNumberTens

Genuinely don't get why you're so hooked up on his wages. Let's say he's on about 40k more than the squad average, that's only about 8 million over 4 years, yes it's 8 million but considering he was free it's still a deal that made a whole lot of sense. I guarantee he won't even be near the top with regards to money lost. His wages, come June, will be about 18 million, if we sell him near 8-10 million our outlay isn't bad for a well regarded Brazilian, it didn't work out well, so we move on.

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Heís been useless. Below average player on above average money (50% more) is a problem

January 10, 2021, 10:39:55 PM
Reply #304

KoemansNumberTens

I like him. Think heís a great player but sometimes it doesnít work out and Iím not surprised this has gone the way it has.

Happy we made the signing and took the risk though.

Have similar feelings with kean.

Wasnít it you who questioned why I said heíd had an easy ride? Then you describe him as a great player

January 10, 2021, 10:46:48 PM
Reply #305

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Wasnít it you who questioned why I said heíd had an easy ride? Then you describe him as a great player

Great footballer, just hasnít worked out, never was really.

You disagree, thatís fine. Loads of people agree with you. Youíre not as enlightened as you think.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 11, 2021, 04:53:07 AM
Reply #306

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Yep, I think I'm one of those guilty of giving an easy ride. Bags of technical ability, big-money player and Brazilian to boot. Has all the the ingredients to be fantastic for us, but I think my days of hoping it will come good are finally done. I've been kidding myself about Bernard for too long now tbf.

I think when someone has a potential like that that, you just keep hoping one day something will click and boom! - we're away!

Don't think it's ever going to happen with Bernard now though.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 11, 2021, 04:09:39 PM
Reply #307

Bluenose 91

He was defo worth a go on a free and everyone was happy with it at the time.

Got to be trying to move him on now though while we can still get a decent-ish fee for him.

January 11, 2021, 04:30:44 PM
Reply #308

Dr. Sponge

He's too lightweight for this league, its easy for teams to play against him.

January 11, 2021, 04:49:45 PM
Reply #309

GrantyBoy78

He was defo worth a go on a free and everyone was happy with it at the time.

Got to be trying to move him on now though while we can still get a decent-ish fee for him.
He gets 50% of the fee, anyway, so itís more a case of freeing up his wages. Heíll be fine in a league thatís not full of groks.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

January 11, 2021, 06:04:08 PM
Reply #310

ajax_andy

When we first signed him he looked really good... Until he got into the box and then he'd fall over his own feet half the time.

Since then he's completely regressed to not being involved at all, in any match, apart from maybe once a season when he looks absolutely world class.

Need to move him on as soon as is possible as it's just another nothing player taking up wages.

January 11, 2021, 06:52:22 PM
Reply #311

Bluedylan

Think he'd be a nice 'icing on the cake' player, if the whole side was settled, playing in patterns and dominating games. You could probably drop him into City's squad, and he'd be an effective little squad player for them who'd produce moments in games to unlock people.

But since we're very much still in the process of making our cake, to stretch the weak metaphor, I'm really not sure he's what we need at this point or in the near future.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 12, 2021, 02:32:04 AM
Reply #312

Mayor Farnum

Just not enough match winning or potential match winning moments from him.
I don't agree with the too lightweight argument as football is so tipped in favour of attacking players these days that you just can't foul them out of the game anymore.

Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

January 12, 2021, 02:38:20 PM
Reply #313

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Think he'd be a nice 'icing on the cake' player, if the whole side was settled, playing in patterns and dominating games. You could probably drop him into City's squad, and he'd be an effective little squad player for them who'd produce moments in games to unlock people.

But since we're very much still in the process of making our cake, to stretch the weak metaphor, I'm really not sure he's what we need at this point or in the near future.

You could have just said - "he's a bit of a pudding"

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates