January 21, 2021, 01:47:49 AM

Author Topic: Bernard  (Read 31157 times)

January 19, 2020, 09:51:06 PM
Reply #60

KoemansNumberTens

He was rotten yesterday. We've way too many players who we can't rely on for a basic level of competence week in and week out.

January 19, 2020, 10:26:52 PM
Reply #61

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Bernard is better when we have proper footballers playing with him. Can't be relied on on a regular basis as you say. But of a luxury player.

I remember everyone was so excited when he signed for us, but he's arguably our worst player in terms of investment. He's our top earner, isn't he?
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

January 19, 2020, 10:49:49 PM
Reply #62

Waltzer

Bernard is better when we have proper footballers playing with him. Can't be relied on on a regular basis as you say. But of a luxury player.

I remember everyone was so excited when he signed for us, but he's arguably our worst player in terms of investment. He's our top earner, isn't he?

He is our highest earner, but it'll take 4 years of his wages alone to even get close to the investment we shelled out for Iwobi and about 8 years for Sig as an example. This doesn't include their wages, just transfer fee.
So nowhere near our worst investment imo

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 19, 2020, 10:50:35 PM
Reply #63

cantoffee

Would be able to sell him tomorrow for 25million I'm sure.

Lack of consistency is a problem, doesn't help that he filters in and out of the team ( whether through injury or otherwise).

Perhaps with regular game time week in week out he'd get some consistency.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 19, 2020, 11:09:46 PM
Reply #64

Cozzie

Has a buy out clause of £47.5M does he not?

Not sure if I heard that right though.

January 19, 2020, 11:26:40 PM
Reply #65

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Has a buy out clause of £47.5M does he not?

Not sure if I heard that right though.

I'd sell if we got offered that for him.
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

January 19, 2020, 11:32:33 PM
Reply #66

Waltzer

I'd sell if we got offered that for him.
Well we wouldn't have a choice if we got offered that, that's the thing about buy out clauses....

January 19, 2020, 11:33:11 PM
Reply #67

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
Info on his wages. No info on a buyout clause. I've definitely seen it somewhere though! :)

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/everton-f.c/bernard-anicio-caldeira
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

January 19, 2020, 11:56:22 PM
Reply #68

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

He is our highest earner, but it'll take 4 years of his wages alone to even get close to the investment we shelled out for Iwobi and about 8 years for Sig as an example. This doesn't include their wages, just transfer fee.

That's true, had forgotten we got him on a free.

January 19, 2020, 11:58:06 PM
Reply #69

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Well we wouldn't have a choice if we got offered that, that's the thing about buy out clauses....

If he agrees to the move as well of course. It doesn't automatically mean a move will happen. A new club might pay it, but then offer him less wages than what he's on now.

But my comment was based irrespective of whether he has a clause or not. That's the first time I've heard of such a clause of any of our current players.

January 20, 2020, 12:06:22 AM
Reply #70

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Please don't put Iwobi in this conversation.

Sigurdsson
Schneiderlin
Tosun
Bolasie
Niasse
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 20, 2020, 12:11:40 AM
Reply #71

sam of the south

He has to.

It’s not his fault.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 20, 2020, 12:21:22 AM
Reply #72

Waltzer

Sigurdsson
Schneiderlin
Tosun
Bolasie
Niasse
Irrelevant really, to get someone of Bernard's quality for free is one of our best bits of business, not worst. It's pretty much better than any other business we've done in recent years, including Iwobi

January 20, 2020, 12:38:27 AM
Reply #74

sam of the south

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau