November 27, 2020, 10:04:36 AM

Author Topic: Doucouré  (Read 55543 times)

November 25, 2020, 06:31:16 AM
Reply #1275

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
There you go, here's a link for ETA https://www.allacronyms.com/ETA/Edit_to_Add

Sadly my so called strong views is definitely not a matter of personal opinion. Spotting Doucoure not tracking his man on several occasions wasn't difficult at all. Anyone with a basic knowledge of football should be able to notice these errors.

The sad truth is that the discussions on here have got little to do with understanding the intricacies of football but is merely a platform for people to jump on bandwagons and air their primitive urges. I'm all for actual football discussion but so far all I'm hearing is bandwagon talk which is only good for the toilet.

And STILL...

Undisputed.

Well done you.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 25, 2020, 07:34:52 AM
Reply #1276

Elgoodo1978

I was a great tackler thriving on adversity.

Are you David Copperfield?

EDIT: No it’s Barry Lyndon!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 07:46:09 AM by Elgoodo1978 »

November 25, 2020, 08:22:57 AM
Reply #1277

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 06:40:18 PM by YankeeBlue214 »
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

November 25, 2020, 12:09:06 PM
Reply #1278

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Stupidity and ignorance. The inability to discuss the intricacies of the game and as Brownie just kindly demonstrated - childish insults.

Some people are only worth childish insults - especially when they try to disguise their own as some sort of superior insight. If you want to discuss something properly with an open mind you’ll find no more willing an participation than me. If, instead, you want to belittle others by thinking that because you once got nutmegged by Steven Gerrard’s neighbour’s cousin, that it no means you are the greatest football analyst that ever lived, then you’ll get mocked.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 25, 2020, 12:44:40 PM
Reply #1279

Bob Sacamano

What was this dopes former username? I’m sure he’s got history of making mad shouts and losing his head on here before.

November 25, 2020, 02:16:41 PM
Reply #1280

stirlingblue

I once got drunk with Dave Kitson and Hermann Hreiðarsson in Iceland, I mention this as proof that I know my football before stating my opinion.

Doucouré is by no means a perfect player, but he gives a drive and presence to our midfield that we’ve been missing for several years. Assuming we one day get a sitting DM then he’ll be the most attacking of our midfield three, so it’s no surprise that he has defensive lapses.

He’ll be given plenty of time by our fans, because even when he does make mistakes there’s no question about his workrate, and after years of seeing players who are arguably more talented stroll around the pitch at 50% effort it’s a welcome change.

Maybe it’s as another poster mentioned earlier and Allan/Doucouré were brought in for their mentality as well as ability.

November 25, 2020, 02:23:18 PM
Reply #1281

ajax_andy

Haha! I remember that story! 😂

I still feel the shame every time I think of his confused little boy as I shanked the ball in to the sea, and the pissed off look on Ruud's face as he waded in up to his chest in freezing cold water to retrieve it 🤦‍♂️

November 25, 2020, 02:57:38 PM
Reply #1282

Macca77

I had a bevy with Rhino many years ago, he was brilliant, just spoke about the 95 cup final

November 25, 2020, 05:17:33 PM
Reply #1283

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Oh Jesus, that’s horrific!

On the plus side we got an absolutely fantastic teacher. He was an ace ping pong player too. Never saw him get beat. Dodgy knee and all.

And we all collectively made a point of hating Luton Town. I already hated them because they'd always beat us on that plastic pitch of theirs.
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

November 26, 2020, 05:31:38 PM
Reply #1284

Cereal Killer

OMG he killed Dele!

And now we’re linked with a move for him in January  :smug:

November 26, 2020, 07:03:47 PM
Reply #1285

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
And now we’re linked with a move for him in January  :smug:

And Winks
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 26, 2020, 07:40:52 PM
Reply #1286

Fynci

I once got drunk with Dave Kitson and Hermann Hreiðarsson in Iceland, I mention this as proof that I know my football before stating my opinion.

Doucouré is by no means a perfect player, but he gives a drive and presence to our midfield that we’ve been missing for several years. Assuming we one day get a sitting DM then he’ll be the most attacking of our midfield three, so it’s no surprise that he has defensive lapses.

He’ll be given plenty of time by our fans, because even when he does make mistakes there’s no question about his workrate, and after years of seeing players who are arguably more talented stroll around the pitch at 50% effort it’s a welcome change.

Maybe it’s as another poster mentioned earlier and Allan/Doucouré were brought in for their mentality as well as ability.

Zoe Ball once bought me a pint, this was prior to her marrying Fatboy Slim (aka Norman Cook), who as we all know, was an integral part to The Housemartins; who released an album entitled "London 0 Hull 4". Anybody who can score so many away from home, especially in the capital, deserves bonus knowledge points.

Also, that album was released just one year prior to The Wedding Present releasing "George Best', who played football.

I don't know what this all means, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that my understanding and knowledge of football cannot be questioned.