October 22, 2020, 04:00:04 PM

Author Topic: Carlo’s Way  (Read 61651 times)

October 17, 2020, 03:52:31 AM
Reply #1050

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Yup, just edited above when it came to me. So damned good. Also had the best Manhattan I've ever had there. Well, like 4 of them. :cheers:

I only know the one off Kensington High St. which is great contemporary Indian “cuisine”  lolol
Now back to Carlo ffs !

October 17, 2020, 04:19:33 AM
Reply #1051

Robioto

I only know the one off Kensington High St. which is great contemporary Indian “cuisine”  lolol
Now back to Carlo ffs !

October 17, 2020, 04:25:56 AM
Reply #1052

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
London has more Michelin star restaurants than any other European cities, I think your perceptions are hung up in the 70’s

But do they serve English food?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Imam Jagne, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 17, 2020, 04:28:29 AM
Reply #1053

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
"They are not players.  They are people who play football."

Thats deep.

October 17, 2020, 04:37:53 AM
Reply #1054

American Evertonian

"They are not players.  They are people who play football."

Thats deep.

The more I hear him talk the more in love I fall.
Are we there yet?

October 17, 2020, 05:10:22 AM
Reply #1055

sam of the south

The more I hear him talk the more in love I fall.

Yep.

He’s warm, down to earth, lacking in ego, and endearingly left field.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 17, 2020, 11:00:25 AM
Reply #1056

Fynci

As this thread is pretty much derailed, I do have to say that last year (when people could go out) we went to a restaurant in Amsterdam. The chef was from Sydney, but his parents were from Germany and Japan. They were restauranteurs and he grew up to work in their place, then more fine dining places before moving to London to work at Heston’s place. He then eventually settled in Amsterdam to open his own place.

His cuisine is modern European with an Asian twist.

So, in short, there are a lot of facets that go into food. The location of the restaurant, and even perhaps the nationality of the chef aren’t any of them.

Otherwise, using the logic of others, that guy would be doing amazing BBQs in Sydney.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 11:02:08 AM by Fynci »

October 17, 2020, 02:55:12 PM
Reply #1057

BlueNoseMike

So you can’t answer my question, fine. Why would any dish using flour, eggs, tomatoes necessarily be Italian ? Italians don’t have a monopoly on these ingredients you know. BTW, one of my favourite restaurants in the world is the River Cafe Under Brooklyn Bridge , it serves contemporary food, no fancy French menu terms, is simply contemporary cuisine, you would probably call it French cuisine because it isn’t what you would typically consider American.

You've had a mare here.

October 17, 2020, 03:11:27 PM
Reply #1058

Toddacelli

Her best mate loves Italian food, and has got a nice arse, so there's options on the table ;)

Now you're thinking like an Italian! lolol

Seriously though, get her to Italy, she can't not love it. Even if you have to agree to go somewhere she wants to first, do it.

And, er, Carlo, er - great job, good stuff!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 17, 2020, 03:32:09 PM
Reply #1059

Toddacelli

But do they serve English food?

Many of them do, yes.

Personally, I tend to find that when you get to the Michelin/elite level though, it's more about the chef than anything else.

The top ones tend to have worked with some of the best around the world, studied in many different countries and have used this journey to create and define their own vision and identity in what they wish to produce.

And if you think that is just about chefs - go back and read it again because every word also applies to Carlo.

😉

October 17, 2020, 04:43:17 PM
Reply #1060

Toddacelli

Yep.

He’s warm, down to earth, lacking in ego, and endearingly left field.

This. This. This. So much this!

Carlo will be getting the players to believe in themselves. Belief. Confidence. Attitude. All those little small percentages that make so much difference when you are up there at the sharp end and everything is decided by narrow margins.

October 18, 2020, 12:53:39 AM
Reply #1061

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/16/sports/soccer/liverpool-everton-carlo-ancelotti.html
Really good read even though I can't fathom why the NY Times would do such a long article!
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

October 18, 2020, 12:55:39 AM
Reply #1062

Bluedylan

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/16/sports/soccer/liverpool-everton-carlo-ancelotti.html
Really good read even though I can't fathom why the NY Times would do such a long article!

Rory Smith's a massive Liverpool fan, and a bellend. Not sure how he got a job at the New York Times, given his hackish journalism, but it seems the English accent still goes quite far on the other side of the pond.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

October 18, 2020, 08:12:51 PM
Reply #1063

Dr. Sponge

Looked like we switched to a 4231 when Iwobi came on, I thought it was a good move coz they were pulling our midfield all over the place.

October 18, 2020, 08:16:43 PM
Reply #1064

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Looked like we switched to a 4231 when Iwobi came on, I thought it was a good move coz they were pulling our midfield all over the place.

Imagine what it would be like to have a manager who adjusted to game situations and didn't just stick with one rigid formation 100% of the time?

Oh wait, we have one now.
Playing FM20 24/7.