November 27, 2020, 09:37:22 AM

Author Topic: Carlo’s Way  (Read 75678 times)

October 27, 2020, 02:18:52 AM
Reply #1110

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I know we all hate him but would Delph be an option?

Tbh rb is more imortant to me than that MF position at the minute
I'd put Tom Davies in there now. Gomes has been shite as well.
Simply simply lovely

October 27, 2020, 02:35:41 AM
Reply #1111

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I know we all hate him but would Delph be an option?

Tbh rb is more imortant to me than that MF position at the minute

I’d have Delph over davies.

Davies is just as likely as Sigurdsson to put in a honking performance.

I trust Delph a lot more to at least do the basics right and be where he needs to be on the pitch.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 27, 2020, 02:39:21 AM
Reply #1112

Shogun

Administrator
I trust Delph to completely lose his positioning and make rash decisions.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

October 27, 2020, 02:43:14 AM
Reply #1113

Alex6691

Why is Delph still here?

October 27, 2020, 07:15:03 AM
Reply #1114

Bluedylan

We're probably overthinking things and overreacting a bit as well, because it's our first loss and brings about insecurities. Thankfully, you'd imagine Carlo is quite calm and relaxed about things, and settling the players down.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

October 27, 2020, 07:24:38 AM
Reply #1115

Thornton_19

Reckon Gbamin will probably play in the Gomes role when he is fully fit.

October 27, 2020, 01:06:06 PM
Reply #1116

stirlingblue

Reckon Gbamin will probably play in the Gomes role when he is fully fit.

From what I’ve read I was expecting him to sit as the deepest of the three with Allan and Doucouré either side.

As good as he’s doing for us, Allan’s career has been more as a ball winning CM than a covering DM.

October 27, 2020, 05:19:06 PM
Reply #1117

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
In regards to stuff I said we needed to address :

Passing through the middle
Defensive actions middle third
Dribbles
Progressive runs
Chance creation

So far chance creation looking good, entirely down to James though.

Defensive actions, okay, Allan putting a shift in there despite the weekend. Better.

Dribbles and progressive runs, passing through the middle. All look stuck really.

Desperate for a one v one player still who can light up a full back and force a team to lose shape. Desperate for a good midfielder in the Gomes role. Desperate for legs on the ball - been a bit surprised Doucoure hasn't ran it more?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 27, 2020, 07:54:07 PM
Reply #1118

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
This is pretty awesome and it's only 10 days old so I don't think it's been posted yet. Great breakdown.

Good bits on how we respond to pressing patterns that help illustrate why we've struggled against Liverpool and Southampton.

In particular, Sig didn't drop in like Gomes does.

Then neither did Doucoure for option B, so we were stuck with Allan trying to play lone pivot.

Our other main outlets tend to be the fullbacks, and Godfrey couldn't manage it. Coleman, not particularly blessed with footballing ability, racks up more progressive passes than our actual midfielders.

Digne blows everyone out the water progressive passing wise.

All signs point to a difficult few weeks.

Edit : EXCEPT - Newcastle have zero interest in pressing, so we should be fine there actually.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 07:58:55 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 30, 2020, 01:40:12 AM
Reply #1119

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Prem midfielders ranked by forward passes per 90 and 'smart passes' per 90.

Forward passes being ones that progress the ball vertically, smart passes being those that aim to break lines of defense and take opposition players out the game.

Andre Gomes playing the most smart passes which surprises me, but still only marginally above average, and behind such creative geniuses as Declan Rice and Granit Xhaka.

Forward pass per 90 some of the fewest in the league.

The other three are below average across the board so barely worth distinguishing, but apparently are Allan, Doucoure and Sigurdsson in that order.

Clearly still lacking huge elements in this midfield. I'd imagine we'd look similar for progressive carries and say, chances created by CM's.

Partly that will be because our build up is v reliant on Digne and James of course, but as a rule of thumb you want your midfielders doing good midfield things on the ball. We need to pick our heads up a bit and start finding a man.

https://twitter.com/NinadB_06/status/1321763798382911488?s=19

November 01, 2020, 09:45:30 PM
Reply #1120

Bluedylan

Normal service resumed.

Basically a nothing football club happy to make up the numbers in the Prem.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 01, 2020, 09:47:26 PM
Reply #1121

Shogun

Administrator
Normal service resumed.

Basically a nothing football club happy to make up the numbers in the Prem.

Yeah, still a beaten side as soon as we go behind.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

November 01, 2020, 09:49:22 PM
Reply #1122

kramer0

He’s built a fun side when everyone’s fit and available.

He’s got an abysmal feel for our reserves though.

No way Davies doesn’t offer more than Sigurdsson and Gomes. No way Iwobi is offering more than Gordon and Bernard.

November 01, 2020, 09:58:43 PM
Reply #1123

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We’ve had a great start.

Today the manager got it wrong and our back up players wernt good enough.

One of them. Digne and James back next week will make us a whole lot better.

Barring a massive injury crisis we’ll still have a good season. Only worry is aboslutley none of our back up players look remotely good enough.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 01, 2020, 10:00:11 PM
Reply #1124

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Hoping it means a few of those players wont play again. Wont hold my breath though.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!