November 25, 2020, 03:14:52 AM

Author Topic: Carlo’s Way  (Read 75230 times)

November 10, 2020, 02:34:55 PM
Reply #1305

GrantyBoy78

But then you’ve still got the issue of not being able to play a high line because of a lack of pace at CB.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

November 10, 2020, 02:35:48 PM
Reply #1306

GrantyBoy78

I think Mina gets sold in the summer - depending on injuries and Branthwaite’s/Godwin’s development.

November 10, 2020, 02:35:58 PM
Reply #1307

GrantyBoy78

Think Gibson gets sold too.

November 10, 2020, 03:36:47 PM
Reply #1308

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think Mina gets sold in the summer - depending on injuries and Branthwaite’s/Godwin’s development.

Hope it's Keane personally but wouldnt be shocked to see either.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 10, 2020, 03:49:41 PM
Reply #1309

GrantyBoy78

Hope it's Keane personally but wouldnt be shocked to see either.
Either, or. With Branthwaite also in the “stopper” mould, I don’t think we need 3 of them.

November 10, 2020, 03:57:48 PM
Reply #1310

stirlingblue

But then you've still got the issue of not being able to play a high line because of a lack of pace at CB.

Both Godfrey and Holgate are quick if you want some faster ones.

Wolves play a high line three at the back and none of their CBs are fast, same with Arsenal and Saliba/Holding/Gabriel

November 10, 2020, 04:06:19 PM
Reply #1311

sam of the south

But then you’ve still got the issue of not being able to play a high line because of a lack of pace at CB.

Godfrey, long-term, could be key, here, if we go the 3 CB route.

Quick, good on the ball, and he’s played DM, before.

He’s got sweeper possibilities.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

November 10, 2020, 04:15:48 PM
Reply #1312

formerKHL

at the minute we need to stop the rot and stop conceding goals...i would like to see keane and mina as centre back pairing with holgate or godfrey covering in front of them....doucoure and allen in front of him and allows the 2 full backs to push on whilst supporting them when on the back foot........ gives us a ball playing "centre back/deep midfielder" with pace to build the play from.......frees the full backs to push on....... and allows doucoure to also join the attack.....loads the midfield with bodies..........plus gives us more bodies in the final third and in their bloody box when we're attacking..... rather than a lone DCL.....

November 14, 2020, 05:34:25 PM
Reply #1313

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/everton_way/status/1327331899988172801?

Nowhere to be seen when it comes to interceptions though.

Would suggest he’s more suited further up the pitch where he can rat about?

Someone playing as the 6 needs to be making a good number of interceptions.

Also, andros Townsend?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 15, 2020, 01:26:54 AM
Reply #1314

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/everton_way/status/1327331899988172801?

Nowhere to be seen when it comes to interceptions though.

Would suggest he’s more suited further up the pitch where he can rat about?

Someone playing as the 6 needs to be making a good number of interceptions.

Also, andros Townsend?

Yeah for me I think it means a bit of headless chickening going on.

Pressing in the middle third too, he's basically charging around the middle third smashing people which is GREAT but it's not really the place for a number 6 to be doing that as he's leaving gaps.

Think the interceptions numbers back that up, he's not screening and stepping in, he's charging around. Doucoures numbers are similar but scaled down a tad, he's doing something similar.

We can be aggressive in the middle third and win battles but any kind of pattern or positional play and we struggle and get bypassed (Southampton...).

Our highest interceptions is yeraldo with 11.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 22, 2020, 09:53:11 PM
Reply #1315

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
A little worrying with his subs is Carlo, seems like he likes the idea of what we tried today though

November 23, 2020, 04:30:50 PM
Reply #1316

stirlingblue

I think we might see the same formation for a while, it gets DCL, Richy, James and Digne in their best attacking positions which will create goals.

We still look like we have problems defensively through the middle, but if we can’t sort that with three CBs and two centre mids then it must be a personnel problem.

November 23, 2020, 04:36:21 PM
Reply #1317

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think one of Keane or Mina has to go if we're playing a 433. Two big tugboat stoppers.

Neither Godfrey or Holgate are very good defenders.*

Yeah I don't see this working to be honest. Happy to sit through 3 or 4 game while we find it out though.

*Defending ability I mean, tackles blocks headers interceptions. Mina winning every category for us so far btw.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 05:04:37 PM by brap2 »

November 23, 2020, 04:59:42 PM
Reply #1318

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I think we might see the same formation for a while, it gets DCL, Richy, James and Digne in their best attacking positions which will create goals.

We still look like we have problems defensively through the middle, but if we can’t sort that with three CBs and two centre mids then it must be a personnel problem.

We've been very predictable with the 433.

Get it to James, switch it to Digne, Cross to DCL.

Yesterday with the 352 we had so much more going forward. James and Richy playing more centrally, getting in better positions, suddenly Iwobi was a threat as he had space to run into and we had Doucoure arriving into the box.

Seemed to work going forward, but it was a bit of a shambles at the back.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 23, 2020, 05:09:10 PM
Reply #1319

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
We've been very predictable with the 433.

Get it to James, switch it to Digne, Cross to DCL.

Yesterday with the 352 we had so much more going forward. James and Richy playing more centrally, getting in better positions, suddenly Iwobi was a threat as he had space to run into and we had Doucoure arriving into the box.

Seemed to work going forward, but it was a bit of a shambles at the back.

Adjusting to a new system?
Find a way to screen the defence from runners better and hopefully things may click.

3 at the back + wing backs will always create space for runners on your flanks though. You need 3 centre-halves who can dominate in the air and be swift into space to intercept low crosses to cover for that though.
Ok with 50% of that currently.