November 27, 2020, 07:57:17 AM

Author Topic: Carlo’s Way  (Read 75672 times)

December 29, 2019, 10:34:29 PM
Reply #75

ajax_andy

I mean, that's the fucking point for hiring a professional manager, innit?  They'll expect to be paid commensurate to the value of their services.  It's a business, after all.

Me, I'd do it for love (and maybe a 10% pay rise over my soul-sucking attorney job), but I suspect y'all would notice the dip in quality.

He always have a top notc striker in the teams he have managed. I really think he will bring inn one @ Everton also. Maybe not before the summer window, but still think he will bring in quality in that spot.

If he continues to play DCL & Richarlison up top and they continue to develop you could see them both bagging 15-20 each next season, plus say 10 for Kean.  Not sure we need a top class first choice.

I could see him maybe bringing in an older Mandzukic type instead, someone who can still do the business but won't expect or be able to play week in week out

December 29, 2019, 11:52:28 PM
Reply #76

christiffa25

People massively over rate Moise Keane on here. Just saying

December 29, 2019, 11:58:31 PM
Reply #77

Bluedylan

So presumably you think Carlo Ancelotti does as well, cos he tried to buy him for Napoli, when he signed for us? Knows a fair bit about footie does Carlo. More than you and I, I'd suggest.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 12:05:19 AM by Bluedylan »
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 30, 2019, 12:28:22 AM
Reply #78

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

Can you tell me how you got into being a Sporting Director? I've been considering that for my next job. What was the interview process like?
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

December 30, 2019, 04:06:20 AM
Reply #79

Martip

You know what credit where credits due for the win against Newcastle.

Yeah there were times when we were under pressure and rode our luck, but let's not forget we had numerous injuries,  they have a really good home record and also spent dollar in the summer.

There were large periods of the game which we controlled and actually looked like a good team with a plan. It was also a game we d have lost after it went to 1-1 if Silva was still in charge.

" All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

December 30, 2019, 04:07:24 AM
Reply #80

Cozzie

How shit is Joelinton by the way?

December 30, 2019, 04:08:22 AM
Reply #81

Martip

Terrible . Hiw much was he like 40m ?
" All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

December 30, 2019, 04:12:23 AM
Reply #82

Cozzie

Terrible . Hiw much was he like 40m ?

Around that yeah. Even when Ashley finally opens the wallet they go and blow that on a player like him.

December 30, 2019, 04:26:57 AM
Reply #83

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

My favorite exchange on Twitter yesterday with a West Ham supporter:

Me: lol Joelinton cost £40m.
Him: yeah well what have you gotten out of guys like Bernard and the other £100m you spend every year to go nowhere?
Me: Bernard was free and has twice as many goals as Joelinton.

End scene. 😂
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

December 30, 2019, 04:31:51 AM
Reply #84

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I like him myself. Doesn't suit Bruce's big wallop game but he could be a bargain pick up if they go down.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 30, 2019, 04:59:05 AM
Reply #85

Thomas

Arteta lost today and West Ham fans are losing their mind. Glad we have Carlo!

December 30, 2019, 05:37:33 AM
Reply #86

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

First time I heard of him was a few weeks back on the radio and assumed he was a young Geordie lad called Joe Lynton.

"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 30, 2019, 05:49:19 AM
Reply #87

mikey_blue

I like him myself. Doesn't suit Bruce's big wallop game but he could be a bargain pick up if they go down.

Good player being hung out to dry because he's playing for a shit united side. Was at right wing yesterday running channels 🤦🏼‍♂️

I see him being similar to DCL or Jimenez, in a better side.

December 30, 2019, 12:41:58 PM
Reply #88

Jamokachi

Agreed. Worked his socks off against us and was pushed out wide to run the channels. Think there's a player there for sure.

December 30, 2019, 01:39:55 PM
Reply #89

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
I don't particularly rate these guys on their football opinion (though TG has some decent podcasts) and watched this the other day.

A few have brought up Ancelotti coming to us for money. I'm sure he could get better jobs for similar money at other places. Nobody said Jose was going to Spurs for money even though he's reportedly on £4m more a year than Carlo. Do they think Guardiola works for free at Man City? Of course not, he's on £20m a year.

Wasn't on peanuts where he was. A 20% pay rise to come to us, whilst nice, is by no means extortionate.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates