April 16, 2021, 01:54:10 AM

Author Topic: Mason Holgate  (Read 45152 times)

March 16, 2021, 02:23:36 AM
Reply #435

Jamokachi

Someone sent me some very weird/disturbing footage of Holgate in the tunnel waiting to go out. If you've seen it you'll know what I mean. Hope there's a reasonable explanation out there and someone can share what that is?

Fucking hell Todd. No ones doing beak or anything else dodgy in the fucking tunnel. Ffs man

March 16, 2021, 02:47:02 AM
Reply #436

bornblue88

Not for me, Holgates distribution, non cross related, is woeful. I'd also be amazed if there is a player in our team that gives away as many needless freekicks as him. Godfrey is far from perfect and his pace gets him out of a lot of issues but his general contribution to the team is much better than Holgate

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Are you just going off this season though? Holgate’s heads definitely dropped but I think that’s out of frustration

March 21, 2021, 03:05:02 PM
Reply #437

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking hell Todd. No ones doing beak or anything else dodgy in the fucking tunnel. Ffs man

I know! I know!

I panicked! I'm sorry 😞

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 22, 2021, 01:41:57 PM
Reply #438

Paddockoldie

I feel for him in some ways, because being played at RB when you clearly can't, is like career strangulation. I get that players need to be versatile and Godfrey is being used here, there etc... Holgate was supposed to be better than Stones at the same age... now he's a frustrated stand in and I wouldn't be surprised if he thought of leaving.

March 22, 2021, 02:03:27 PM
Reply #439

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Did make me laugh the amount of people genuinely thinking that Mason Holgate, would be snorting cocaine on live TV just before a Premier league game

RS mates of mine sending it to me as if its going to break as a massive news story and he's the next Diego Maradona

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 22, 2021, 02:09:13 PM
Reply #440

GrantyBoy78

It was his careless touch and the resulting recovery tackle that got him injured against Blackpool and made him miss the start of the season. If it wasn’t for that, he’d have started the season at CB.

Life’s like that sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

March 22, 2021, 02:22:10 PM
Reply #441

ajax_andy

Did think the back three combo looked good against City.  One big lad in the middle blocking everything and two mobile centre halves either side.  Might be the one way we can use our strength in depth in that area effectively.

I think we need to give Holgate a free pass this season and if he plays in that three, or a two next season judge him then.  The evidence so far suggests he's a good centre back (based on last season), and a poor right back (based on this season)... But then none of us thought he was a good right back, so not sure why people are surprised he's been pretty crap there 🤷‍♂️

March 22, 2021, 11:26:04 PM
Reply #442

Thornton_19

I wouldn't be overly surprised if Braithwaite becomes our 4th choice CB and we sell Holgate in the summer.

Sent from my SM-G977B using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

March 22, 2021, 11:28:25 PM
Reply #443

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't be overly surprised if Braithwaite becomes our 4th choice CB and we sell Holgate in the summer.

I would
He surely needs another loan.
Simply simply lovely

March 22, 2021, 11:34:44 PM
Reply #444

ajax_andy

I would

Don't think he needs another loan... Just needs games at cente back for us and he'll likely produce the excellent performances he did last season.

March 22, 2021, 11:39:30 PM
Reply #445

Thornton_19

I would
Getting a bit old for a loan, he would fetch a pretty penny for what i think is a average CB.

March 22, 2021, 11:39:48 PM
Reply #446

GrantyBoy78

Tough one because I think Branthwaite is good enough to be our 4th choice CB, but he’s not going to develop in that squad role.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

March 22, 2021, 11:40:02 PM
Reply #447

kramer0

Getting a bit old for a loan, he would fetch a pretty penny for what i think is a average CB.

I think they’re talking about Branthwaite getting another loan.

March 23, 2021, 12:26:31 AM
Reply #448

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I think they're talking about Branthwaite getting another loan.
Yes, defo Braithwaite
Simply simply lovely

March 23, 2021, 01:06:06 AM
Reply #449

velimski

Yeah we don't need to see Branthwaite pushing for a first team place yet, unless he's progressing much faster than we thought he would. Which he isn't currently.

Very few teenagers get much game time in his position in the premier league.

Rio Ferdinand was a bit of an exception but I'm struggling to think of any others.