November 01, 2020, 04:28:25 AM

Author Topic: Allan  (Read 58669 times)

June 07, 2020, 04:47:06 AM
Reply #15

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Blast from the past

Lack of a computer (HATE forums on my phone) and strong desire to take a step back from all things Everton contributed to a longer hiatus than I had planned.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

June 07, 2020, 04:50:40 AM
Reply #16

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Guess who’s back, back again.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 08, 2020, 08:00:31 PM
Reply #17

Toddacelli

Don't call it a comeback!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 08, 2020, 08:46:25 PM
Reply #18

MmmblueBernard

Allan

Allan

Allan

Allan

Allan

Allan

Allan

Allan

Steve
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 17, 2020, 01:07:10 PM
Reply #19

GrantyBoy78

More links with Allan coming out of Italy, these past couple of days. Us and Athletico, apparently. Says Napoli have  dropped their asking to under £40m. Still feels massively expensive, given his age and him being out of favour.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

June 17, 2020, 02:47:38 PM
Reply #20

bigmanbob

They're getting desperate, offer them Oumar and a bag of Mitre Deltas

July 03, 2020, 10:32:06 PM
Reply #21

Macca77

July 03, 2020, 10:58:15 PM
Reply #22

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Seem to be aggressively going after this one. Would he be a bit of a game changer for us?

July 03, 2020, 11:10:26 PM
Reply #23

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Sean Lunt is an absolute helmet.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

July 04, 2020, 12:36:48 AM
Reply #24

Cereal Killer

Nothing says “made up” like a story that covers both bids being accepted/rejected and the player agreeing/not agreeing to come

Makes sure he’s right whatever happens  :wanker:

July 04, 2020, 06:18:00 PM
Reply #25

ForzaItalia

To pay that much for a 29 year old whose game is largely based on his physical skills isn’t great imo. He’d be a step up obviously but I think it would be a poor buy
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

July 04, 2020, 07:03:35 PM
Reply #26

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Can’t he play? Is he just a battering ram?

July 04, 2020, 07:43:40 PM
Reply #27

ForzaItalia

He's not going to score, assist, play any key passes or progress the ball, but obviously he's a defensive midfielder and does a lot of his best work out of possession. His defensive metrics will probably stack up against the likes of a Kante for example (@Brap will undoubtedly shoot this down) I just think it's a lot of money for a player that's arguably on a slight decline, who's not going to get any better and who doesn't have any sell on value
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 07:44:43 PM by ForzaItalia »
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

July 04, 2020, 07:55:15 PM
Reply #28

Paddockoldie

He's not going to score, assist, play any key passes or progress the ball, but obviously he's a defensive midfielder and does a lot of his best work out of possession. His defensive metrics will probably stack up against the likes of a Kante for example (@Brap will undoubtedly shoot this down) I just think it's a lot of money for a player that's arguably on a slight decline, who's not going to get any better and who doesn't have any sell on value

Gareth Barry did a great job for us, so 29 isn't that old these days and players are athletes and can last longer now.

July 04, 2020, 08:05:13 PM
Reply #29

mikey_blue

Gareth Barry did a great job for us, so 29 isn't that old these days and players are athletes and can last longer now.

Bit of a blanket statement for a more technical question. Some players have a higher level of athleticism than others, but some players game is less effected by age. Allen seems to be a player that is somewhere in the middle. He’s a great athlete, and although his game isn’t based on explosively and pace (key abilities of players who fade quicker) his game is being an engine, with the agility to get up and down to disrupt the play. He’s not like Pirlo who could sit back and let the game come to him. So I think it’s really anyone’s guess how long his legs hold up. It will depend on how he looks after himself and his ability to adapt.