April 16, 2021, 12:30:03 AM

Author Topic: Rabiot - Again  (Read 9526 times)

March 10, 2021, 05:48:38 AM
Reply #60

Free Agent

HITC though...

March 10, 2021, 02:43:41 PM
Reply #61

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Had to YouTube him.

Looks like a brawler and a baller rolled into one. I like him from what I've seen (only his very best bits, condensed into a video by a fan to make it look like that is the norm).

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 10, 2021, 02:52:54 PM
Reply #62

Waltzer

March 10, 2021, 02:59:22 PM
Reply #63

Bluedylan

There's been links with him for ages, so I think there probably is something to it in terms of our interest, and I think he would be a significant step up on what he have.

But clubs like City have been linked with him in recent times, so it might be that we just get outmatched in the market. Our major pull is Ancelotti, which always gives us a sniff at least, but if he wants to go to CL or a club regularly challenging for/winning trophies, then he'll go elsewhere. There won't be a shortage of suitors.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 11, 2021, 12:24:21 AM
Reply #64

Danny

There's been links with him for ages, so I think there probably is something to it in terms of our interest, and I think he would be a significant step up on what he have.

But clubs like City have been linked with him in recent times, so it might be that we just get outmatched in the market. Our major pull is Ancelotti, which always gives us a sniff at least, but if he wants to go to CL or a club regularly challenging for/winning trophies, then he'll go elsewhere. There won't be a shortage of suitors.

It seems a bit unlikely we'd match his wage demands as well after working hard to bring the budget back under control, can't see him wanting a huge drop from what Juventus must be paying him.

March 11, 2021, 12:52:43 AM
Reply #65

Cereal Killer

It seems a bit unlikely we'd match his wage demands as well after working hard to bring the budget back under control, can't see him wanting a huge drop from what Juventus must be paying him.

Think Juve slashed everyone’s wages last year, he’s on about the same as Gomes is at the moment??

March 12, 2021, 12:56:14 AM
Reply #66

Danny

Think Juve slashed everyone’s wages last year, he’s on about the same as Gomes is at the moment??

Gomes will be on too much though, as much as I like him.

March 13, 2021, 07:31:01 PM
Reply #67

Waltzer

A few rumours going around that it could be a Kean/Rabiot swap. I'd still like to see Kean given a go, but I wouldn't be against this swap either

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

March 13, 2021, 07:52:36 PM
Reply #68

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Gbamin
Delph
Davies
Sig
Gomes
Allan
Doucoure
James
Bernard
(Onyango)

10 players capable of playing CM, including the youngster.

I don't see us bringing in another CM unless we have a few leaving. Sounds like Sig is getting an extension, Delph has a year or so left and I don't think anyone would want him. Gomes the manager seems to like. Bernard might go, Onyango might get a loan, James ideally a 10 or a RW.

It feels like a position we need more quality and less quantity to me for next year, as we see whenever Doucoure or Allan has dropped out we've struggled.

As Carlo says it probably comes down to a realistic assessment of Gbamin. If we have him back then we'd be able to field :

Gbamin
Doucoure     Allan

Which is just a ground covering machine of a middle three. Or

Gbamin/Doucoure  Allan

Either of which would work as a pivot for Ancelotti's favourite 442.

Rabiot would be really expensive and might not work out, doesn't feel like an Everton player really, but in terms of talent he has almost everything you could want from a CM. Tall, powerful, athletic, can pass the ball, can dribble, get in the box, tackles and pressures through the roof. Would be a huge improvement in quality, but if we bring him in it probably means it's because Gbamin isn't going to be an option going forward, or, ideal world, someone fancies taking Andre Gomes.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 13, 2021, 08:02:12 PM
Reply #69

Bob Sacamano

Gbamin
Delph
Davies
Sig
Gomes
Allan
Doucoure
James
Bernard
(Onyango)

I don't see us bringing in another CM unless we have a few leaving. Sounds like Sig is getting an extension, Delph has a year or so left and I don't think anyone would want him. Gomes the manager seems to like. Bernard might go, Onyango might get a loan, James ideally a 10 or a RW.

It feels like a position we need more quality and less quantity to me for next year, as we see whenever Doucoure or Allan has dropped out we've struggled.

As Carlo says it probably comes down to a realistic assessment of Gbamin. If we have him back then we'd be able to field :

Gbamin
Doucoure     Allan

Gbamin/Doucoure  Allan

Rabiot would be really expensive and might not work out, doesn't feel like an Everton player really, but in terms of talent he has almost everything you could want from a CM. Tall, powerful, athletic, can pass the ball, can dribble, get in the box, tackles and pressures through the roof. Would be a huge improvement in quality, but if we bring him in it probably means it's because Gbamin isn't going to be an option going forward, or, ideal world, someone fancies taking Andre Gomes.

It’s hard to figure out who Ancelotti really likes, so I’m with you when you say he likes Gylfi and Gomes. But, but get hooked and both sit on the bench. I think the way he uses Douc and Allan is a good indicator of who he really likes. Only get subbed when dead on their feet and play every game that they pass a fitness test for. I deffo think Carlo would shift Gomes given the chance. Especially to make room for another player he’s worked with, he seems to like doing that.

March 13, 2021, 08:43:46 PM
Reply #70

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Gbamin
Delph
Davies
Sig
Gomes
Allan
Doucoure
James
Bernard
(Onyango)

Gbamin
Doucoure     Allan

Gbamin/Doucoure  Allan

I agree with everything except this: "Rabiot would be really expensive and might not work out, doesn't feel like an Everton player really."

It's in my head as a Fellaini-style signing. Picking up someone who is pretty physically dominant in the middle, quite unique in their style of play but has so much quality that you almost have to change how you play to accommodate them.

I'm fully expecting a long list of reasons as to how those two players are different, but in my head, and how it feels, is still similar.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 08:45:00 PM by Toddacelli »

March 13, 2021, 08:49:07 PM
Reply #71

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I agree with everything except this: "Rabiot would be really expensive and might not work out, doesn't feel like an Everton player really."

It's in my head as a Fellaini-style signing. Picking up someone who is pretty physically dominant in the middle, quite unique in their style of play but has so much quality that you almost have to change how you play to accommodate them.

I'm fully expecting a long list of reasons as to how those two players are different, but in my head, and how it feels, is still similar.

It's probably me being bias but he seems a bit moody, can imagine him just fucking it off after a couple of draws away at Burnley and Palace.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 13, 2021, 08:52:08 PM
Reply #72

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
It's probably me being bias but he seems a bit moody, can imagine him just fucking it off after a couple of draws away at Burnley and Palace.

Who knows? Look at all the other fans outside of Everton who think Richarlison is a mean and moody fucker when we know he's an absolute sweetheart. Either way - I hope we get to find out - in the 2 min YouTube vid I watched he was better than Zidane!

March 14, 2021, 01:47:21 AM
Reply #73

Danny

Gbamin
Delph
Davies
Sig
Gomes
Allan
Doucoure
James
Bernard
(Onyango)

Gbamin
Doucoure     Allan

Gbamin/Doucoure  Allan

He's a proper Moyes Everton signing Rabiot, bring him on loan and see what he's got first with an agreed fee of like £30 mill and it could be genius.

Blast £30 million on him sight unseen and it's another potential disaster.

March 14, 2021, 01:52:39 AM
Reply #74

Waltzer

A whiny, half arsed Rabiot walks into our team

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app