April 16, 2021, 12:35:27 AM

Author Topic: Rabiot - Again  (Read 9527 times)

March 16, 2021, 02:08:52 AM
Reply #75

Jamokachi

“A Fellaini like signing”, “proper Moyes signing”. Lads, Rabiot is an absolute CL level midfielder who gets decent playing time at one of Europe’s biggest and best. He’s a million miles away from these comparisons.

March 16, 2021, 04:35:29 AM
Reply #76

dchans

So do we actually have a realistic chance of signing this dude or will he go elsewhere?
Fancy your own online, part time business?  Just PM me for more details...

March 16, 2021, 01:52:03 PM
Reply #77

kerryblue boy

If juve want kean back as reported surely a swap makes sense for both sides rabiot is quality

March 16, 2021, 02:59:32 PM
Reply #78

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
“A Fellaini like signing”, “proper Moyes signing”. Lads, Rabiot is an absolute CL level midfielder who gets decent playing time at one of Europe’s biggest and best. He’s a million miles away from these comparisons.

My comparison to Fellaini was that he would be a midfield player that would make us play in a different way. Not saying build the team around him exactly, but we would play to his strengths and that would affect the formation and tactics we used, rather than a player who would slot into whatever system you wanted. He seems one of those where his presence dictates you play a certain way. Like James, in a way. We don't just play different when James is in the team - we often employ a different formation and tactics - other players in the team have different instructions for games where James is on the pitch.

Of course, I've only seen highlights and shit so I may be way off. That's why I said "feels like". And only for the reason outlined above.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 16, 2021, 03:57:55 PM
Reply #79

SANA_DR0

As a 2 Rabiot and Allan would work well, Davies as back up. but as 3. i wouldnt want that, need more energy and creativity.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

March 17, 2021, 05:42:59 AM
Reply #80

bornblue88

If juve want kean back as reported surely a swap makes sense for both sides rabiot is quality

Maybe not for Rabiot though.

Surely he’d want to go to a champions league side if he’s that good and with our injuries hope is fading that we’ll get top four. We’d still have a chance with europa but I deffo can’t see it coming off without any European competition.

March 17, 2021, 11:55:18 PM
Reply #81

kerryblue boy

Anyone else see the vlasic interview in the athletic he got really badly treated here I always thought there was a quality player in there pity

March 17, 2021, 11:57:37 PM
Reply #82

kramer0

Anyone else see the vlasic interview in the athletic he got really badly treated here I always thought there was a quality player in there pity

I don't understand why Silva wasn't interested in him.

March 18, 2021, 01:34:06 AM
Reply #83

GrantyBoy78

Tbh, he probably wasn’t ready. I still think he’s too slow for this league, but he’s obviously a good player.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

March 18, 2021, 02:35:41 AM
Reply #84

kerryblue boy

I don't understand why Silva wasn't interested in him.
Got shafted by silva and fat Sam was in a line of four number 10s would love to see him in our current team finding space and linking play one that got away

March 18, 2021, 02:44:50 AM
Reply #85

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
There's another timeline out there somewhere where Lookman and Vlasic get two seasons playing regularly in our side.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 03:08:06 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 18, 2021, 05:47:33 AM
Reply #86

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Both good footballers but I’m not longing to have two lads playing in Russia and Fulham back at us.

They both have a long way to go. Lookman hasn’t impressed me this season. I think he’ll be one of those talented players that floats around top level football without achieving too much.

Don’t know about vlasic but he’ll have to get out of Russia soon before I start thinking we made a mistake in letting him go.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 19, 2021, 05:06:24 AM
Reply #87

Danny

Both good footballers but I’m not longing to have two lads playing in Russia and Fulham back at us.

They both have a long way to go. Lookman hasn’t impressed me this season. I think he’ll be one of those talented players that floats around top level football without achieving too much.

Don’t know about vlasic but he’ll have to get out of Russia soon before I start thinking we made a mistake in letting him go.

Doubled our money on the pair of them as well, if we're regretting anything these days it's the incomings not the outgoings.

March 27, 2021, 05:40:37 PM
Reply #88

Waltzer

Looks like we might do well to get this over the line based on today's papers...

Manchester City will fight it out with Barcelona this summer for Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot, reports the Sun.

The France international, 25, joined Juve from PSG on a free transfer in the summer of 2019

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

March 27, 2021, 05:48:03 PM
Reply #89

Danny

My comparison to Fellaini was that he would be a midfield player that would make us play in a different way. Not saying build the team around him exactly, but we would play to his strengths and that would affect the formation and tactics we used, rather than a player who would slot into whatever system you wanted. He seems one of those where his presence dictates you play a certain way. Like James, in a way. We don't just play different when James is in the team - we often employ a different formation and tactics - other players in the team have different instructions for games where James is on the pitch.

Of course, I've only seen highlights and shit so I may be way off. That's why I said "feels like". And only for the reason outlined above.

And my Moyes type signing comment I thought was obviously saying a player with a lot of ability with a bit of a reputation for having a bad attitude who comes to us at like 24 and bosses it. Not that he's literally a Moyes level player.