November 01, 2020, 04:04:41 AM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 12514 times)

June 25, 2020, 09:54:17 PM
Reply #45

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Keep him until we get better. With our track record of selling first and taking 6 years to replace having Keane is much better than not having anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Keeping him prevents us from getting better lol.

Sell him, if you get any remotely reasonable bid.

Not a fan, and one swallow doesn't make a summer.

This. I have nothing against the guy, but he's just not a top-half table CB. Certainly not a team with designs on Europe, not even as a squad player. This summer is the time to move him, and I'm sure there's a team that would give us £18-20m for him. He's not on outrageous wages either so it's not a tall order to move him. IMO, of course.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

June 25, 2020, 10:03:34 PM
Reply #46

GrantyBoy78

Weíll see how it pans out but I donít see any teams that are of his level, being able to make us a decent offer for him.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

June 25, 2020, 10:34:31 PM
Reply #47

Everton Mint

Carlo knows a bit about defending and defenders. Trust his judgement.

June 25, 2020, 10:35:07 PM
Reply #48

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Keeping him prevents us from getting better lol.

How?
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

June 25, 2020, 10:41:10 PM
Reply #49

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
How?

Because we need 3 quality starting CBs. 4 preferably. Regardless, it's either sell him this next window or lose him on a free the following summer.

We have plenty of wages coming off the books by June 2021 so may as well try to add some transfer money to the bank.

June 25, 2020, 11:13:53 PM
Reply #50

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Because we need 3 quality starting CBs. 4 preferably. Regardless, it's either sell him this next window or lose him on a free the following summer.

We have plenty of wages coming off the books by June 2021 so may as well try to add some transfer money to the bank.

Given our track record of selling players and then never replacing them, I don't think that's a good idea. We have 3 central defenders right now. Him, Mina (injured) and Holgate. I'd rather bring someone in first and have 4 strong defenders and then sell Keane than sell Keane and then get no one in to replace him. Or someone shit because we ran out of time. Like with Gana and Delph.

June 25, 2020, 11:27:10 PM
Reply #51

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Given our track record of selling players and then never replacing them, I don't think that's a good idea. We have 3 central defenders right now. Him, Mina (injured) and Holgate. I'd rather bring someone in first and have 4 strong defenders and then sell Keane than sell Keane and then get no one in to replace him. Or someone shit because we ran out of time. Like with Gana and Delph.

I don't think any track record before Brands is relevant, but that's just me.

June 25, 2020, 11:38:41 PM
Reply #52

Waltzer

Didnt Brands do exactly this with Zouma though? Admittedly he was only on loan, but he left us fucked for the start of the season with hardly any cover

June 25, 2020, 11:44:18 PM
Reply #53

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Didnt Brands do exactly this with Zouma though? Admittedly he was only on loan, but he left us fucked for the start of the season with hardly any cover

Yes, he was on loan. If you recall, it was Silva pushing to the last day for Zouma "with confidence." Not quite the same thing as planning to sell Keane while lining up 1-2 replacements. Probably only 1 because I personally think Branthwaite isn't far off.

June 26, 2020, 12:00:12 AM
Reply #54

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Gana being sold and Delph being bought was under Brands though.

Besides, we do have a track record of this Brands or not.

June 26, 2020, 12:01:04 AM
Reply #55

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Gana being sold and Delph being bought was under Brands though.

Besides, we do have a track record of this Brands or not.

What does Delph have to do with anything?

Gana being sold was supposed to be replaced (in part, at least) by Gbamin. Unless you fault Brands for not having a crystal ball.

June 26, 2020, 12:03:37 AM
Reply #56

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
What does Delph have to do with anything?

Gana being sold was supposed to be replaced (in part, at least) by Gbamin. Unless you fault Brands for not having a crystal ball.

Sorry, forgot about Gbamin. Understandably so given he's been a complete waste of time and money so far (no ones fault of course).

Point still remains. We rarely get a replacement ahead of time. Lukaku an example. Brands is at fault on that one given the closest we do have to a replacement is DCL and we've been lucky he's finally coming good in the second part of this season.

June 26, 2020, 12:17:28 AM
Reply #57

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry, forgot about Gbamin. Understandably so given he's been a complete waste of time and money so far (no ones fault of course).

Point still remains. We rarely get a replacement ahead of time. Lukaku an example. Brands is at fault on that one given the closest we do have to a replacement is DCL and we've been lucky he's finally coming good in the second part of this season.

I give up lol

June 26, 2020, 12:23:25 AM
Reply #58

sam of the south

So, we can criticise if a replacement doesnít come off, but when DCL starts to flourish, after Brands had faith in him, itís just luck?

You canít have it both ways, mate.
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

June 26, 2020, 12:29:42 AM
Reply #59

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
So, we can criticise if a replacement doesnít come off, but when DCL starts to flourish, after Brands had faith in him, itís just luck?

You canít have it both ways, mate.

Brands was also the one who negotiated and offered new contracts to Richarlison, Holgate, and yes, DCL.