April 16, 2021, 02:01:35 AM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 32337 times)

April 06, 2021, 06:31:25 PM
Reply #450

ajax_andy

Our player of the season until about 4-6 weeks ago.

Playing a high line or 3 at the back where he can be pulled out wide doesn't work though... That's the Keane conundrum - brilliant in a specific system, poor outside of it.

April 06, 2021, 07:29:27 PM
Reply #451

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Don't think he's been bad for long enough to say he's been anything but largely great this season. He's been poor lately though no question and we have enough options central defence wise to bench him

April 06, 2021, 07:36:55 PM
Reply #452

Waltzer

That would be good, but I can't recall us selling smartly.
Brands will allow him to go on loan for a season or 2 then lose him for free, that's as smart as we get

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

April 06, 2021, 07:41:02 PM
Reply #453

kerryblue boy

Predictable reactionary voices. He's been one of our best players this season. Absolutely no question about that. Apart from their goal, I don't recall him making other mistakes yesterday. I'd still we rather had someone faster but then you're looking for the perfect defender which is not realistic.
City did pretty good with Dias

April 06, 2021, 07:54:19 PM
Reply #454

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Shame as I like the guy, but for me the future should be Mina and Godfrey.
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

April 06, 2021, 10:48:28 PM
Reply #455

BlueForYou

Inconsistent

Inconsistency, our big problem with individual players and, therefore, our main problem as a team
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

April 07, 2021, 02:36:54 AM
Reply #456

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I liked the post above because I do think he deserves respect for his good performances this year. Few defenders better at heading and blocking everything that comes near him in the box.

But my opinion hasn't changed on him ultimately. Anything past him or over him and he's cooked. Any kind of space around him and he's cooked. Sell.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.