January 21, 2021, 01:50:57 AM

Author Topic: Anthony Gordon  (Read 10744 times)

July 02, 2020, 02:59:56 AM
Read 10744 times

ajax_andy

Thought he was excellent by and large tonight, couldn't see a thread on him but please merge if there is.

That pull back for Richarlison was fantastic and his all round work rate was really good too... Excited to see more of him in the remaining games!

July 02, 2020, 03:02:07 AM
Reply #1

Cozzie

I love how he is always forward thinking as soon as he gets the ball.

Seemed to always want to play a forward pass and not look back.

Deffo a bright future for him but still early days yet.

July 02, 2020, 03:59:55 AM
Reply #2

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
Hes a lot stronger on the ball than I thought hed be. I expected the nimble feet but not the hold up play
🤞

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
(Zoolander)

July 02, 2020, 04:36:40 AM
Reply #3

Bally

Administrator
I like him a lot my only thing with him is he stops dead in front of the attacker or whoever he is tackling or going to block, noticed it against Liverpool and thought it was just nerves, but noticed it again tonight, maybe it's just a trait that can be coached out.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

July 02, 2020, 03:06:55 PM
Reply #4

dazfrancis

Looked very good stepping up, not just his attacking abilities but the ability to make the right decision in possession and his defensive work too.

July 02, 2020, 06:27:12 PM
Reply #5

Thornton_19

He gave the ball away a bit, but that will be his lack of experience. Every other aspect of his game yesterday was very good

July 02, 2020, 06:28:44 PM
Reply #6

ajax_andy

He gave the ball away a bit, but that will be his lack of experience. Every other aspect of his game yesterday was very good

Yeah you can see he's still quite raw, thought his first touch wasn't great a few times too... Definitely stuff he needs to work on but overall seems like an exciting prospect

July 02, 2020, 06:34:30 PM
Reply #7

KoemansNumberTens

Thought hed struggled to make an impact previously. Didnt look out of place yesterday though. Did really well

July 02, 2020, 06:48:44 PM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Really exciting yesterday, really liked what I saw.

Great header round the corner from digne as well you know.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 07:21:43 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 02, 2020, 06:58:12 PM
Reply #9

ajax_andy

Really exciting yesterday, really likes what I saw.

Yeah that hasn't been really mentioned but your spot on, hell of a headed pass!

July 02, 2020, 07:03:48 PM
Reply #10

GrantyBoy78

Really exciting yesterday, really likes what I saw.

Yeah, it was actually a really well worked goal. Cut the to ribbons.

July 02, 2020, 07:05:20 PM
Reply #11

Jamokachi

Love that header!

July 02, 2020, 07:09:54 PM
Reply #12

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He did it later on as well similar idea, must be off the training ground.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 02, 2020, 07:13:08 PM
Reply #13

stirlingblue

He's a lot stronger on the ball than I thought he'd be. I expected the nimble feet but not the hold up play
🤞

Seems to have a really good sense of balance, in the same way that a lot of small South Americans seem to be hard to knock off the ball

July 02, 2020, 07:14:18 PM
Reply #14

Paddockoldie

I like him a lot my only thing with him is he stops dead in front of the attacker or whoever he is tackling or going to block, noticed it against Liverpool and thought it was just nerves, but noticed it again tonight, maybe it's just a trait that can be coached out.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Know what you mean. I think it's a decision making thing. He's not sure whether to keep pushing on man to man or to pass. He's promising for sure and all this game time will bring him on. He won't want to go back to the reserves now..